SPAM random annoying things

rynnor

Rockhound
TdC said:
I don't actually know that, but I do know that the managers are "forced" to give out all grades from "You are god" to "no-one likes you, monkey-boy" regardless of the department's actual performance.
The ability to screw us is actually built right in to our assessment forms where we have to agree to vague departmental or even company wide targets that never get reached anyway. I once had a manager who hated that forced bahaviour as much as I do, and one time he refused and gave his entire department an "average" grade. He told me he had the most terrific row about it with his manager which went all the way up to the head of the devision...and eventually he had to reassess everyone.

Thats the bell curve as you just described - I hope the HR idiot who came up with it rots in hell tbh.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah ok, I didn't know that. I agree with the hell-rotting tbh: I've had colleagues get in serious trouble when protesting below-average assessments, and I've had a manager try to bribe me with a raise if I took a lower grade than the one I was positioned for. Just shows what the shit is actually for I guess.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
having your boss mark you down in your yearly assessment : "Although we laud Andrew for sticking with his Bachelor studies during some of the busiest work periods yet seen, we notice that he always seems tired and his performance at work seems to be affected."

no fucking shit dudes :/

Is the BA work-funded or personal? If it's the latter and it's affecting your work it's a perfectly legitimate statement to make. If it's the first it's a bit shitty, but could be used in a way to understand the situation rather than to outright slag you off.

TdC

they fund me. also, it's a no-win: if I don't go for the paper they slag me off for not doing it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
"While Andrew's continuing commitment to his Bachelor's degree is outstanding, there have been a number of complaints regarding his incessant whining about the speed in which his results have been forthcoming."

TdC

tbh I think my current boss loves me: he never sees me. I never complain or ask for anything. I work my arse off. at the end of the year he slags me off and I agree like a lemon. a tired lemon.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't actually know that, but I do know that the managers are "forced" to give out all grades from "You are god" to "no-one likes you, monkey-boy" regardless of the department's actual performance.
The ability to screw us is actually built right in to our assessment forms where we have to agree to vague departmental or even company wide targets that never get reached anyway. I once had a manager who hated that forced bahaviour as much as I do, and one time he refused and gave his entire department an "average" grade. He told me he had the most terrific row about it with his manager which went all the way up to the head of the devision...and eventually he had to reassess everyone.

I've rowed with HR about this kind of thing repeatedly. Biggest problem with it is trying to apply curves that work for large numbers to small teams. To be fair, I've usually won the review argument but I've very rarely won the pay argument.

TdC

tbh I understand, especially given small, close knit teams and the enterprise level curves that we evidently have to work with. another fun fact is that I was promoted last year and thus will never get any score over "average/needs improvement" this year as one must "grow in to their role". Basically the reward for being promoted is that you get to slack off for a year. Love it :-/

edit: as to pay, I work for a *cough* financial institution. us little people never see the real pay. Bitter? Me? :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The Liberal Democrats: We'll tax EVERYTHING! Everytime you do a poo, Nick Clegg wants 40% of it. Greedy bastard.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
He's welcome to 100% of my poo, i'll happily deliver it to his doorstep, fresh and steaming

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yeah, you say its fresh now, but like a pizza, when it turns up its cold and someone's had a bite out of it.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
People wearing fucking humongous Thinsulate gloves at the supermarket knocking down everything

Take them off you dumb cunt

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You think you have it bad, half terms are two weeks in France. What with mahoosive holidays and teacher strikes, kids here spend more time out of school than in it.

CorNokZ

That feeling you get just before the fever hits you. Bet you I will be waking up tomorrow with a head full of snot and a throat like sand paper

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That feeling you get just before the fever hits you. Bet you I will be waking up tomorrow with a head full of snot and a throat like sand paper

Had that for two days, tomorrow will be a pain.

Kinda like kids falling down and the time it takes for them to start crying; gets worse the longer the wait.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr

Welcome to my world. Been coughing all night, think i finally got to sleep around 2.00 am

CorNokZ

If you've never played daoc, stop reading here.

Making a full suit of armor, sc'ing it, transfer it to the toon that needed it and realizing you've made chain instead of leather. Damn this fucking cold

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Making a full suit of armor, sc'ing it, transfer it to the toon that needed it and realizing you've made chain instead of leather. Damn this fucking cold
Ouch that's horrible, atleast its not 2005 ;p

Chilly

Balls of steel

That's not even a small mistake...must have taken you ages as well. 100% quality presumably still takes ages?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You don't need masterpiece any more... or at least you didn't when I last played a few years ago. Still a major cock up though!

Chilly

Balls of steel
You don't need masterpiece any more... or at least you didn't when I last played a few years ago. Still a major cock up though!
Pfft. Standards slipping. I remember, back in t'day, when I was crafting all my reactive ablative tinctures on one of the 2 or 3 LGM alchemists on excal. Printing money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom