SPAM random annoying things

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
in an aside, I hate skype because it doesn't want to close when you press the close button.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My Rabbit;

Every time you have to get him out of the Lounge, he's like, yeah on the carpet? - Oh, you're going to grab me eh? - I'm gonna sprint into my box, compromise? - I can stay in here, if I stay in my box? - oh no, trying to grab me again eh? I'll just run under the table and chew the carpet, your fault mate, did offer a compromise.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
People who keep rabbits inside :)

And my mum :eek:
We put it outside in the summer & stuff.

There's a family down the road that keeps their rabbit outside all the time, it keeps escaping, and we keep rescuing it, it's probably dead now.

Chilly

Balls of steel
We put it outside in the summer & stuff.

There's a family down the road that keeps their rabbit outside all the time, it keeps escaping, and we keep rescuing it, it's probably dead now.
dead is a funny word for dinner.

Chilly

Balls of steel
£950??? wtf? 5 bed detached?
london.

And Wazz - tell him you'll be moving out immediately if he wants to raise the rent that high. He'll lose more spending a month getting the next fucker in. Offer him 5%.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I am constructing a large list of exactly why that's a disgusting starting point for negotiation. We are seething about this to be honest, it's disgusting.

We started at 925. Last year they then wanted 975, we agreed on the middle point of 950. This year they want 1175. There's just no logic to it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Our letting agency wanted us to put up the rent lest year and I left it. This year they said they could have a new tenant in within a couple of days they had such a long waiting list; so yeah, I put the rent up (first time in 3 years), although not by that much; 850 up to 950. I'm assuming your landlord is being told something similar. (edit - missus will be putting rent up on hers in April for similar reasons).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Lindsey's been online and found a flat in the same complex as us, 2 bed, 2 bath (we're 1 bed, 1 bath) for just £25 more.

He's not being told anything, he's just trying to be the ultimate cunt. Collecting lots of reasons, information and comparisons to prove to him he's totally wrong.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The last 3 places I've rented in London the increase every year was tied to inflation or RPI so never any argument over what they landlord would increase the rent by. Thought it was standard practice but maybe just in my area.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Depends on the letting agent/owner. They can put it up as much as they like with enough notice...whether they get a tenant is another matter.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The plan is to buy somewhere in the future, relatively soon. Was hoping to make this last upcoming year the last rental year and start figuring out the confusing hellhole that is purchasing and mortgages, giving us plenty of time to find something we actually want.

Although that said if I hadn't received inheritance money then buying wouldn't be an option at all. Impossible to save any money with my wages and the cost of living.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
start figuring out the confusing hellhole that is purchasing and mortgages

It's an absolute doddle. It's the easiest thing I ever did.

People worry about it because of the amount of cash it involves - and that fucks them up. But it's a piece of piss really.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Just need someone to go through it all really - the main thing I don't know is how much I could afford - value of house, deposit, monthly rate etc. Once this rental fannying has stopped I'll have a meeting with my bank (well, not bank, Nationwide) manager/rep to get some basic advice I think.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Your agent, quite rationally, wants a year on year increase that will roughly keep pace with the rental market as a whole. If you fail to meet that increase he'll kick you out and rent the place to the next guy. The trick is minimising the YoY increase to a point where it's affordable and sensible for both parties. Same with our place, but we just said - fine feel free to fill a six bed property in under a month and you *might* make the same amount of money next year as last year, assuming the tenants are as well behaved as us. You're in a slightly hotter section of the market with more turnover so that argument is less powerful, unfortunately.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Absolutely. Have no issues with YoY increases, it's entirely expected. Just when the starting negotiation figure is something pulled out of his arse, it makes sensible negotiation that will result in an amicable compromise much trickier to achieve.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll have a meeting with my bank (well, not bank, Nationwide) manager/rep to get some basic advice I think.

I'd suggest finding yourself a decent independent mortgage broker. They can find you the 3 best deals and you can choose between them. It'll cost you a couple of weeks rent but in the long term it may save you thousands and it'll save you all the legwork.

Remember, bank/building society managers are salesmen. It's not in any financial institution's interest to give you a good deal.

Put down the biggest deposit you can afford. Mahoosive. If you've must keep a couple of grand back for a nice holiday but spunk the rest on the house because that'll save you thousands too. Also - in this market - the bigger the deposit the smaller the percentage your mortgage will be.

After that - shop around. Location, location, location.

Visit (not just on the web) at least 20 properties. There's fuckloads on the market. If you can avoid it don't get your hopes pinned on one you "fall in love" with. Keep your options open. If you have a bird then prime her on this - because they will shop based on the exisiting houses' colour alone.

If you've got 3 you're interested in get your mortgage sorted (first - you're offering them a "good to go" and "no chain") then don't be shy making an outrageously low offer on a couple of them. I'd say as much as 20% less than the asking price. You're not there to make the seller feel happy - you (and they) can always pull out. And you won't feel bad if they tell you to fuck off because you'll have a couple of options.

They'll tell you to fuck off first time - but as your offer is low you can afford to raise it.

Don't be afraid to walk away. You're the shopper.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Absolutely. Have no issues with YoY increases, it's entirely expected. Just when the starting negotiation figure is something pulled out of his arse, it makes sensible negotiation that will result in an amicable compromise much trickier to achieve.
Its based upon the fact that you "met in the middle" last time imho, my maths on it being:

£1175-£950 = £225.00 / 2 (split) = £112.50. Assuming he's got a shit deal on his agency fees that's £100 + 12.5% fee.

If you were a moron the Landlord would be substantially better off. He's chancing his arm to try and get his target.

Frankly I'd suggest to him that he keep the rent at current levels (though I don't know where you are / property type / commercial or private landlord / etc). Then figure out for yourself how much you're prepared to go up (maximum) based on how much it would cost you to move (which is probably nil if you can get another unit in the same building). It's always worth throwing up what will they do with a void property as well and seeing whether they balk at the idea of not having a tenant.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Remember, bank/building society managers are salesmen. It's not in any financial institution's interest to give you a good deal.

True, but it's the best place for first advice. Nationwide aren't total cunts and will advise me for free, I can take what I learn from there and use that. Can always see independents after, pointless throwing away cash on something like that when most of my questions could easily be answered for nothing.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Also do your own advice around available mortgages and what deposit you can afford. I researched the market and the rates I was given by an independent adviser at Your Move were virtually the same despite him having access to non-publicly available mortgages. However he was able to provide advice on which mortgage companies used which methods to assess credit worthiness. I wanted the mortgage to be based on just my income not my wife's which Santander did but A+L or Abbey didn't despite being all the same company. We didn't end up having to pay any fee because they were running a fee-free consultation offer for NHS staff at the time. I also saw an advisor at Foxtons but he had no better offers either.

In terms of location give Chilly's website a look. I also used Nestoria and Mouseprice for other info.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The use of the word babe.. Especially if I am being addressed as such....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom