SPAM random annoying things

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Answered before your edit. But yeah you're right, here in little countries we only have 1 car that drives everyone around and it comes around once a week.

Any driver hitting a motorbike and blaming a flashing effect shouldn't drive at all.

Emergency vehicles have extra light and sound to stand out.

Key point being; there's no harm in the lights outside your placebo "it seems darker outside" :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Hasn't it been proven headlights reduce accidents even during daylight?

I have read that at least

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bikes get hit by cars coming out of roads where the drivers say "he flashed me out"...

...which would place the driver at fault. The Highway Code is very clear; the only reason for flashing your lights (and using your horn) is to make other road users aware of your presence. It is not an indication to proceed. Personally I'd much rather people put their lights on early than the silly fuckers who think they're going to wear them out if they use them too soon.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have auto lights but tend to put them on when it's twilight, the side lights anyway.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Once had a rental French car with auto lighting... it was the worst piece of shit ever.

Every time you went under a bridge they'd turn on. When you exited, they'd stay on. Permanently. Sometimes they'd turn on just driving down the road for no reason. Same with the auto-wipers, fucking shit. Spent half the time battling with the failing auto-systems rather than actually driving.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah I have those auto wipers too, thankfully they can be turned to auto or manual.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I turn my lights on early as the genius that designed my instrument panel thought grey on grey was a good idea so as soon as its not bright daylight it is a bitch to read.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
cnutish bus drivers

i pressed the stop button, it made the ding sound, the light lit up, he stops at the stop, lets people on but doesnt open doors to let me out - when i shout (along the lines of "Hey could you open the doors please?") he drives a few metres, stops, then starts shouting abuse before finally opening the damn doors

what the hell else am i supposed to do to get him to let me out if he doesnt open the doors? o_O

that said i have seen many times in Finland cases where someone is waiting to get off bus and doors dont open and they just wait for next stop, dont say a word... nutters o_O

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah Orm that's the basic Finnish "Ah f*ck it" mentality. Especialy since the walk ain't that big a deal :p

The bus drivers have gone downhill a bit since there's been an increase in foreign drivers(not all, but usually the rude ones are foreign) who don't hold the usual Finnish politeness.

Black drivers are excepllent though, they drive way too fast :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Selling something to a friend. You say your selling it they say they want it on pay day. Fine I will wait 3 weeks. 3 weeks one month later they still really want it but have not paid. Now do I sell it tomorrow to CEX or do I give them more time??

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To friends i usually give the stuff straight up, then they owe you and don't keep it hanging. Works both ways and paying a debt is a lot better for both.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Google maps not showing street numbers. Yes, you can just type the address in, but sometimes you want to zoom right in and have all the street numbers visible.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Fecking hair down your back after a haircut. Next time I'm going to get it cut first then washed.

I'm sure it can't be too hard to attach a vacuum device to a pair of clippers

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
When your PC hard dies and refuses to boot. Almost always when you're in the middle of some important work.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Coming down with good old man-flu. Felt fine yesterday, spent most of today asleep off and on.

Woe is me :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What you need is hot chicken soup with loads of pepper in it. Cures anything.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Waking up to Sky HD + still recording a program that finished several hours ago and thus wiping all my other recorded stuff not marked as Keep. Fucking shit fucking box.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What the fuck? - A website with one of those anti-spam bots write one of these random words just popped up with a fucking paragraph to copy, fuck that.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
Fecking hair down your back after a haircut. Next time I'm going to get it cut first then washed.

I'm sure it can't be too hard to attach a vacuum device to a pair of clippers

Already been invented on beard trimmers so can't see why not.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Turning the computer on after a night out on the lash to find windows 7 needs re-installing.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
People who drive during the day with their lights on are just as dumb.

3pm yesterday. Clear skies and sunny as fuck - yet roads chock-full of mongs with their headlights on.

To be fair it does mark them as the sort of people with the visual awareness of a mole and the physical ability of a thalidomide victim - so you can give them a wide berth.

Lights on in the daytime is a very very good thing, any extra visability is a good thing, you might glance coming out of a junction and miss a bland looking car when it's overcast but with it's lights on you wont, only a matter of time before dims or drls become manditory and i welcome it

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I have my side lights on atm because my van dashboard is so dark, I can't see the dials

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Christmas adverts.

Had this misfortune of having to watch terrestrial TV this weekend. Everything is xmas related. No I don't want children toys with integrated Facebook support, 99p cheesecakes from Iceland or perfumes sold by models who would make famine victims go "damn, that bitch is skinny".

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Christmas adverts.

Had this misfortune of having to watch terrestrial TV this weekend. Everything is xmas related. No I don't want children toys with integrated Facebook support, 99p cheesecakes from Iceland or perfumes sold by models who would make famine victims go "damn, that bitch is skinny".

Funny thing is, working in retail, we all thought most of the Christmas advertising kicked off quite late this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom