SPAM random annoying things

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Finding out that 16 years after I left it because it was dodgy as fuck, it turns out that Vodafone's sales organisation is just as dodgy as it was back then.

Short version is I took out a new SIM only contract as work are moving to BYOD, was given a good deal, told I could transfer my number (and the chap would do that for me) and a land of milk, honey and lots of data awaited.

Activated it today and asked the chap to transfer my number - he emailed back saying he couldn't do that but he could call me and put me through to cust services.

Went through to them and found out not only is transferring numbers from Vodafone to Vodafone not possible, but he had set me up as a Sole Trader despite the amount of times I told him I was PAYE...

So SIM cancelled, and I'll either get another line with EE or give Sky a go.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can't recommend o2, I only got it because of free EU roaming, but generally the reception and data speeds are atrocious. I never had an issue with Vodafone in that regard. I regret switching to o2 now.

Carbon60

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm with giffgaff mainly because it is cheap and has EU roaming, currently on 40GB for £10 a month with 5GB EU roaming. Data speeds aren't very good since it is deprioritised O2, you basically get the same as an O2 PAYG customer.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It still annoys me that 25 years since 3G became a thing, all reception basically shuts down around large events like football matches. It's infuriating tbh, the networks should be able to handle 100,000 people at an event.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've got roaming with EE, which includes not only the EU but the US, Mexico, Oz and a few other places so happy to stick with them - I just like having two different networks if possible as EEs data can be a bit flaky at times since they rolled out 5G.

Other option is to use my personal number for work calls and pocket the £45 (minus tax) work are paying towards it, more difficult to switch off then though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom