Question about Malmo

D

Dumle

Is this how it should work?

I PM Listholder and ask how many before me on caster for G1 he says Im first on the list, I think ok I can run my runie there so hes sitting close when his turn comes up.

Next I hear a caster is leaving on next DT, I log in there and shortly after that an SM logs in.
Next thing I hear in CG is that the SM is taking the free casterspot in G1.
So the list is just a joke? You only take the ones you want, fuck the list eh?
I PM the LH and he says "Yeah you are first after the SM cause G1 wanted an SM".

Sorry to say it, but if that is how you run it, FO...
If you make a list, stick to it, If you do not stick to it then why bother.

And to say it before you
QQ
Yes this is whine cause Im fucking pissed off atm

O

old.tuppe

if they use pbaeo style, that way it goes.
healer and pb sm is only who drive over list in that kind situation.
try some day go whit bone to malmo and you see what is sitting on wall.

D

Dumle

Yes I can understand that they want SM instead of me, cause lets face it he draws more xps to the grp. But what pisses me off more is that they feel the need to lie about it and first tell me I was after the SM, then when I told him that I was first on the list 4 hrs ago too then he said "well g1 wanted an SM, sorry" then ffs just say that in the first place.

And make a separate list for "Caster" and SM, cause he will always be taken in before other casters.

C

Cami

You where first on list until something better comes along?

Its the same like taking a shammy over a healer for end regen or a healer over a shammy for cc/stun etc.

Its how it works, if something better comes along before you get group, you get next in line.

D

Dumle

I do understand that, still dont like the fact that ppl need to lie to me, had he just told me the truth I would not have been as pissed.
And I was under the impression (falsly I know now, didnt before tho) that if you were first on the list for g1 as a caster and a caster left, you got the spot no matter what type you were.
Now that I know how it works I understand that its no use for me trying to get into grp in Malmo and wont bother with it, Im the most useless kind of Runie for those kind of grps, no pbt and weaker AE spells (Darkness) so I will probably get passed by 90% of the time.

Well atleast I know how it works now, and it is a good way to xp for alot of ppl, so not complaining about that, just that its no use for me to spend time trying to get into a grp there, better for me to try and find ppl to xp with at other places I guess.
Maybe join the xp:ing there with a more desirable class in the future, good luck to all that find it good there, not for me tho I see ;)

T

Tesla Monkor

Malmo is harsh. But people tend to forget that the list is there to serve the group, and not you. The group needs to remain optimal, and that means people get skipped on the list in favour of a class that makes the group better.

It sucks, but that's the way it works. :)

D

Dumle

Aye and I can see the reason behind it, so nps, just got a little pissed after waiting 6 hrs yesterday and 4 today and still no grp ;)

O

old.tuppe

well, understand feelings, i once waite whit my 47 bone ~7 hours in list, only to get skipped allways
(if we are reasonable? what bone bring to xp group? against mobs who kill you whit 2 hits)

in pbaeo group they need 1 sm, 1 pac healer, 1 shammy, random caster spot is usually too, and rest pure tanks (warrior, thane, zerk goes too if desperat)

B

Brunore

It also depends on who is holding the list.

I know of people in the past who would "miss" people depending on what guild they were in or if they liked them or not.

Malmo is pure evil it brings out the worst in people, avoid it if you can.

F

funkdocta

you think you have it bad?! I usually wait all day to get in group with my sb.

longest Ive waited was 13 hrs! then get in group and it folds after 2hrs.

I thought the purpose of the malmo group/list was to get people to 50 to help fight the alb zerg. If you discriminate classes it only hurts the realm.

BUT...

If g1 had no SM then it should be picked over you coz if theres no sm's you may aswell take a group to df and tank some mobs. You need pbaoe to get the fast & uber xp.

I feel ur pain tho :)

F

Fives

we got same problems with Fins grps in hibbie land,dont think ill ever got a spot with my shade :( but easy get a spot with my chanter

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by old.tuppe
if they use pbaeo style, that way it goes.
healer and pb sm is only who drive over list in that kind situation.
try some day go whit bone to malmo and you see what is sitting on wall.

Hehe, I took my bonedancer to Malmo one time and someone was being a git with the list so I just started soloing execs beside the monkeys that were pulling the dross from down the middle. nice xp and nice drops for some levelling guildmates :)

Generally though, the needs of the group override the order of the list. Usually there's a separate list for each class type (viking/rogue/seer/mystic/old.Tuppe) and you take what's needed to keep G1 viable. G2 doesn't need to really be very balanced as its just a leech group and shouldn't particularly get agro.

However, if someone's messing the list order to help friends out etc that sucks big time. I hate that kind of thing.

Except Tuppe, we pay list holders to keep him out of Malmo :D

X

xplo

Another case of: "Maaaaalmmmmoooooo Maaaadnesssssssss" :hat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom