Punkbuster

• Thread starter old.[GoE]HellkeepeR
  • Start date
O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

What about Punkbuster? Especially now that it detects the third person cheat?

V

vuz

we currently have no plans to enforce Punkbuster - the reason? BW don't like it...

soz o_o

A

Afx

It doesnt need to be run on the servers themselves though..An independant auth server could be set up,Personally i think BW would be the ideal league for running pb as its perhaps the only league where all games get played on league servers. :/

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Well the main reason I'm asking is that it does detect 3rd-Person settings which in Germany (and ECTFC) are considered a cheat. That is the reason we started using PB in both German leagues.
And as Afx said, it doesn't need to be run on BW-Servers, it only gotta have rcon.

V

vuz

Tell you what...

I'll see what I can do, and perhaps we could do a vote for PB/not PB following the map vote...

O

old.[SHS]RAiN.

Yeah we are all for it. Totally fucked up our game with SLH the first time kicking people at random but since then its been fine in every game.

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Vote Form is kinda f00ke though... it says one vote per player, I voted now none of my clanmates can...

O

old.[FsA]Richie_Gecko

Lucky you are. I cannot vote at all.

O

old.Gokou

PunkBuster, after new patch, will kick anyone who has had any Asus driver installed, past and present!
To totally remove all asus drivers u have to format or else it will see it in the regestry or something and kick ya ass :|

I cant play in any league with PB cos i have an asus geforce :(

O

old.[K20]EUROnator

Use Detonators instead of Asus drivers.

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Any ASUS GFX-Card user can use the Detos by NVidia, won't cost u speed or anything else.

O

old.PDad

Voting result?

So now that the decision has been drawn - what is the voting result in numbers?
As the news say the majority voted with 'no' - so why PB now? Was this vote a fake then? I mean how many no-votes needed to avoid pb? 90 or so?
I thought this vote would decide about the use of pb or not, and not whether the decision goes to the admins.

V

vuz

The vote ended, in numbers, 93-84 in No's favour, thats 53%-47%, which is not % change that in almost anything would be considered insignificant

The vote was not a 'fake', if it had finished 60%-40%, or even 55%-45% it would have almost certainly not been used, but as the direction of the votes kept changing it was decided that it had to be decided by the admins, the vote showed that a significant number of people wanted Punkbuster, as did it show a significant number of people did not want it.

The decisions were based upon:
- The recent ASUS drivers which are definitely cheats
- The 3rd person bug, which is also a cheat and without PB almost impossible to detect
- The number of complaints we got last season of cheaters, where there was no way we could proove anything
- The fact that other leagues are using PB, where its proven to do its job
- etc

The good points outweighed the bad ones including the fact the vote was o-so-slightly in favour of no

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom