Problem with Voodoo 2 (and mabye Rage 128?)

G

[GA] KillmachinE

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I have a ATI Rage 128 and have just installed a Voodoo 2, when i play games like, Battlezone, TOCA and CART Racing, some of the textures are missing. Like in TOCA everythings grey/white, in Battlezone, all textures are there except the ones for the buildings and things yet the ground and sky are ok.

Funny thing is, Unreal works fine and so does Quake 2 ?!?!?

Hope someone can help, this is doing my head in
frown.gif

------------------
[GA] KillmachinE
extreme@barrysworld.com

[This message has been edited by [GA] KillmachinE (edited 21 May 1999).]

G

[GA] KillmachinE

Don't worry 'bout it folks, im gonna try and rip the V2 out, the Rage 128 is FASTER than the Voodoo2, perhaps if i get another V2 and shov'em into SLI will i put it back in, this 128 chip is much better.

Although, if you know what else might be causing the problem i described in the last post let me know, just to save me the bother of taking this voodoo 2 out (btw, could it be overheating? my case has shit cooling and the v2 is right next to the rage 128 which in turn it right next to the P3 500, should i try moving it away?)

Cheers

------------------
[GA] KillmachinE
extreme@barrysworld.com

M

memski

Hmmm, my brother used to get that grey/white texture problem with his V2 on Colin Mcrae rally. He thought it was due to newer driver incompatibilities with the game, he used an older driver and it worked ok. Try using some of the older drivers to see if they help run the game properly, I think the V2Dx6 drivers worked well. I don't think u should worry about cooling unless you've been overclocking - stick in a fan if u get crashes.
smile.gif

G

[GA] KillmachinE

I fixed it now anyway, it was wither 1 of 2 reasons

1 The V2 was too close to my 128 and was overheating

2 The V2 just doesnt like PCI 1

as soon as i moved it to another PCI slot it worked fine

------------------
[GA] KillmachinE
extreme@barrysworld.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom