Pro Evolution Soccer 3

O

old.Jestra

Have any of you got it yet? Ive searched google for some reviews and cant really find any :p None of the big sites seems to have one?

Your thoughts on it?

[Edit] oh and is it worth considering fifa 2004?

L

lovedaddy

Pro Evo 3 is a much better game if you've got the time to learn it. However, for a bit of a piss about, tho I hate to say it, Fifa is probably better.

Few mates for pick up and play: fifa
Longer game with a few dedicated players: pro evo

O

Ono

PES3 pisses on Fifa 2004 from every conceivable angle except for presentation.

Only a fool (or an XB owner) would go for Fifa.

L

lovedaddy

oh bullshit, fifa has its good points and only a fucking gobshit fan boy would kid themselves otherwise.

yes, pro evo is better, but not everyone wants to put hours and hours into a game (some people believe it or not have lives outside of games), and from that perspective fifa is a blast. Quick to learn, and a laugh.

S

Sir Frizz

PES3 over FIFA2004, even for a quick kick about. :)

C

CptDoom

Or just a small kickabout with the fifa 2004 disc

O

Ono

Originally posted by lovedaddy
oh bullshit, fifa has its good points and only a fucking gobshit fan boy would kid themselves otherwise.
Yes. Fifa has the official license. That's a good point.

Fifa comes in a nice box. That's a good point.

Fifa has nice presentation - that's a good point!

I mean, as a football game it blows goats compared to PES3 so only the uneducated kid with listens to his classmates at school's rants would buy Fifa over PES3.

PS: I do have Fifa 2004 BTW. But I also have PES3 and WE7 and there is just no comparison. If anything, this year's Fifa is worse than last years!

Y

Yaka

does this years PES3 have manky team/player names like PES2 did?

O

Ono

PES3 has some funny names but most are official.

Only the club names are fucked.

Mates came round tonight and we played Fifa and PES3.

Verdict?

Fifa just does not cut it as a true represenation of the sport. The passing is floaty and you just don't feel like you have full control of your players like PES3.

S

Sir Frizz

Even though PES 3 has some fudged up names, this can easily be sorted quickly, with the Action Replay disc.

J

Jonaldo

PES3 also made the biggest breakthrough by making the Master League playable with multiplayer co-op :) no more frustrating lack of attacking runs by dufus midfielders who lay the ball off to a striker then run back to their position, me and a friend are having a good old laugh playing with the rubbish players at the start and arguing over who to sign :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom