TV New Season!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm finding the Trade Ministers story in The Man in the High Castle very confusing, pls explain.

He has moved into another reality/dimension. A reality were before Germany and Japan won the war and moved to one where they didnt. I think his wife died in his "German/Japan won" reality but she is alive in the other reality

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
He has moved into another reality/dimension. A reality were before Germany and Japan won the war and moved to one where they didnt. I think his wife died in his "German/Japan won" reality but she is alive in the other reality

Yeah just what I feared, I didn't want this series to become all unrealistic just another reality. Oh well. To be expected I guess.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've just finished watching The Crown on Netflix. While it plays a bit fast and loose with history, it's still a bloody good series. Beautifully shot, excellent music, great acting and good storylines. I really enjoyed it.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Del Toros Trollhunters on Netflix is entertaining me at the moment, along with Dirk Gently.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I know it has been mentioned a few times, but just in case some people missed it, this show is quite good.

Lilyhammer

dysfunction

FH is my second home
2016 wipe tomorrow at 9pm, BBC2

I love the bit where this guy is listening to the radio and it says "...David Cameron...erm David Bowie has died..." with the joy in his face changing to being miserable.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Gwadien - as far as Man In the High Castle goes - all Philip K Dick novels are a bit of a mindfuck. The fact that the trade minister can do what he's doing kinda fits into that.

You're looking at it from an interesting historical fantasy perspective - the book was a bit of that but had massive overtones that the existence of the man in the high castle's writings could actually change reality.

It's just a bit of fun with a nice faux-historical context.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just finished season 2 of tMitHC. It took it's time but it got there in the end. Although personally, I wanted the Nazis to go through with it...

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Just finished season 2 of tMitHC. It took it's time but it got there in the end. Although personally, I wanted the Nazis to go through with it...

I thought season 2 of Man in the High Castle was much better than the first. The first season started out strong but didn't go anywhere after that IMO. This time it was solid through-out.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
As for new shit I've just finished the The.O.A.

Something very different to the usual. Borderline pretentious in places but parts of it were sublime, other parts I hated (the last 10 minutes especially) but it does something original and very very different and at only 8 episodes it doesn't take too long to watch it all.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I tend to agree, but there's a distinct lack of suspense and sense of danger. That only really changed once the Nazis decided they'd had enough of the Japanese. I just wish they'd held onto that for a few more episodes, perhaps a real sense of urgency and buildup to war. More dark alleys, more slit throats, etc. But my lasting impression of a lot of it is seeing John Smith's stupid wife drink tea with her equally vacuous friends.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I saw a trailer and thought it looked interesting a couple of days ago, but totally forgot what it's about now..
Son returning from Africa to inherit the family business.... Supernatural

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I watched the pilot of Sneaky Pete the other day, it looks good. Good cast (Bryan Cranston ffs), good people in charge (David Shore, although he was only in for the pilot) and good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom