TV New Season!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just watched Unforgotten thought it was quite good. Half way through Deadline Gallipoli. Helped by the fact i really like Hugh Dancy out of Hannibal.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone watching Thirteen on BBC3? - It's weird, I love the Scottish actor in it, but I can't tell if the main character is a really shite actor or really good.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Damien based on The Omen film trilogy started yesterday, first episode was OK and could be promising. Also watched the E4 opener for The Aliens, decent music in it is about the best I can say about that shite.

Keeping up with Happy Valley which I like, good cast and acting and realistic story.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Currently finishing off Season 5 of Suits. It's all very dramatic!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I just got to the end of House of Cards season 4. Quality television.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I thought the production quality for a BBC Drama was well above the norm. The location settings etc. were great. I get that it was a bit slow paced at times but it is Le Carre, so no great surprise there. Just thought it was a well crafted drama, best the BBC have managed for a while.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Loved the night manager. Seeing laurie in an evil role he actually pulled it off. And jed was hot. Loved the corky charature too. Think its the only terrestial drama i watched in years.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Watched The Salvation with Mads whatsisname Hannibal. Ok Didn't know there was a war in Denmark in 1864, realised I had a serial recorded 1864. good if you can stand the subtitles. next thing is Art of Scandinavia I think they are about to take over the world!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fear the Walking Dead is still not very good, then. I don't think I've ever given less of a shit about the cast of a TV show.

Gwadien

Fear the Walking Dead is still not very good, then. I don't think I've ever given less of a shit about the cast of a TV show.

3000 miles on a boat.

You could easily find a massive river and sail down it in and sit in the middle of a massive lake and live forever.

Santa Cruz, bang, there.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter

I got about 4 or 5 episodes in and just spent every episode wanting to slap the cast for saying/doing such stupid things.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"Never mind all that really fucking obvious smoke everywhere in the middle of the ocean, let's go for a swim!"

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No wonder Strand refuses to sleep. If I was surrounded by that much stupid I'd try to avoid even blinking.

Gwadien

No wonder Strand refuses to sleep. If I was surrounded by that much stupid I'd try to avoid even blinking.

I find him annoying as an actor.

Frankly, The Walking Dead isn't amazing with scripts as far as I'm concerned, but something just makes it... work? Maybe it's the post-apocalyptic zombie pew pew fun, also, I like to see people's interpretation of how people co-exist in an apocalyptic future.

However, FTWD doesn't have this element as far as I can see, it's odd, because they seemingly have some good actors but they seem to be acting pretty fecking woefully.

I suppose it's a long-term project and all the goodsie stuff that happens in TWD will happen MUCH later.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just downloaded the shannara chronicles. Not watched any yet but i loved the terry brookes books when i were younger

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Walking Dead TV show is pretty much dead to me after how they ended season 6. The comics are soooooo much better.

I kind of see what they're going for with Fear. We all watched The Walking Dead so we're all zombie/walker/whatever experts compared to this lot but they're all just such bad characters doing such fundamental dumb stuff. Not even zombie-related ignorant stuff but just everyday stupid shit. Leaving a pile of supplies on the beach so they can take a dead body. So much teen angst. Alicia and that fucking radio. Incredible continuity errors and some terrible editing/cinematography don't help either.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Has anyone watched The Tunnel? I've just downloaded the first series as the second one is on.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Has anyone watched The Tunnel? I've just downloaded the first series as the second one is on.
Dunno about 'The Tunnel', but the original Danish/Swedish 'The Bridge' is outstanding. I've only heard good about The Tunnel btw

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
12 Monkeys Season 2 just started. Quite enjoyed the first season but I now expect they will draw it out and not try to conclude the story.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I find myself confused by Billions. A lot of the first season was quite dull but the finale was excellent.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Strand from fear the walking dead comes across like an American version of Johnson from Peep Show to me. I can't really take him seriously. At least he's not dangerously retarded like all the other characters though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom