TV New Season!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So this has started, and the first episode was pretty good.

I'm not sure I like it ... yet. I think that's a show where you need to be in the right frame of mind to watch - definitely "switch off brain" before viewing :) Some very dodgy acting, an utterly ridiculous plot but nice visuals with some well above average fight scenes. Just like the kung-fu movies it's trying to emulate.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure I like it ... yet. I think that's a show where you need to be in the right frame of mind to watch - definitely "switch off brain" before viewing :) Some very dodgy acting, an utterly ridiculous plot but nice visuals with some well above average fight scenes. Just like the kung-fu movies it's trying to emulate.

It's by AMC, so my fear is it pulls us in for action on the first ep or two then turns into 50 mins of nonsense per ep and 5 mins of content, like walking dead.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
@caLLous is it me or is the bloke who runs the Helping Hand alot more sinister and evil this season? - He seemed to be very liberal, then he turned nazi, or am I being weird?

Zarjazz

First episode of The Expanse is now out in all the usual places. Go watch it. SyFy may finally have a new BSG on their hands.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
First episode of The Expanse is now out in all the usual places. Go watch it. SyFy may finally have a new BSG on their hands.

Giving me good vibes from ep 1, plus syfy has been killing it lately with space sci fi.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Ye i felt that with way main character acted at times, i do with shows like Sons of Anarchy aswell tho so could be me!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Ye i felt that with way main character acted at times, i do with shows like Sons of Anarchy aswell tho so could be me!

Yeah, the main actor in Sons of Anarchy was a poster boy to get female viewers.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
It annoys me tho i end up thinking how characters from other shows would just deal with them lol

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Into the Badlands is really good so far, some intense characters and good action.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tried to watch "The man in the high castle" and by episode 3 pretty much nothing had happened so fucked it off.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Into the Badlands is really good so far, some intense characters and good action.
It's great. It has Revenge levels of cheese in places (in that I say the lines before they do) but the fights are fantastic and it's shaping up to be great. I just finished ep 3,
fortunately it wasn't as rapey as I thought it would be.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you missed it before, Peter Kay's 'Car Share' is airing again on the Beeb now - I'd highly recommend it (y)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So who's watching the current season of South Park? Loving the story arc for this season, I'm actually finding it gripping!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah this season of south park has been great.
Skewering the new PC brigade pretty hard.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So who's watching the current season of South Park? Loving the story arc for this season, I'm actually finding it gripping!
did a catch up session this morning, hilarious.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Childhoods end - Miniseries, pretty good. Unexpected turns, 3x2 hour episodes. Worth the time if you are low on things to watch.

Expanse - Seems pretty good, closer to Syfy's style of other series (special effects specifically). Lots of storylines and factions to keep track of, they don't ease you in - they throw you in.

The magicians - Looks really promising. Syfy ran a prequel-esq type of intro episode, series starts Jan 26th. I like the theme and attitude, will be interesting to see how it continues.

Zarjazz

Childhoods end - Miniseries, pretty good. Unexpected turns, 3x2 hour episodes. Worth the time if you are low on things to watch.

Not unexpected if you've read the book :) Production quality was quite high, certainly better than their typical mini-series. It was also a pretty faithful adaptation of the source, all the key story elements were there. Not a series to show to any religious inclined friends! :flame:

Expanse - Seems pretty good, closer to Syfy's style of other series (special effects specifically). Lots of storylines and factions to keep track of, they don't ease you in - they throw you in.

I'm not sure about the cast yet but it's doing a good job of world building. I definitely want to watch more episodes.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I might try and watch it at a later date, probably when I havent been drinking all day but so far its just a cheese fest with the odd fight scene.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If Into the Badlands doesn't get renewed I'm going to kick off. So many open storylines and so much potential. Season 1 did not end as I expected it to.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not long finished "You, Me and the Apocalypse" on Sky 1. Kept us gripped at lot longer than we were expecting, and a nice twist at the end, somehow opening it up nicely for Season 2. Rob Lowe was excellent in it too.

Probably give it a 7.5/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom