TV New Season!

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've watched the first 4 episodes and I think it's good so far.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Yeah I think they just didn't have enough episodes remaining to do something interesting with the plot and they got renewed so eh.

Not true, it was planned that way. Firstly they get renewed for a second season before the first episode even aired so they already knew. Secondly the writer said he always intended it this way, the Elliot / Mr Robot reveal was always just act 1. He says the story goes over 4 to 5 seasons. This episode was basically just the come-down after the last few crazy episodes and the setup for season 2.

How did FSociety start. Elliot learning to cope with the knowledge he's got multiple identities and losing time. Finding out what happened in those 3 missing days. Angela joining Evil Corp.

Apparently Narcos is really really good.

Overall pretty decent. It starts out really well but slows down later on as it's more a documentary-drama than a proper drama with story arcs etc. So it shows a lot of wild shit the Narcos got up to, which is fun enough, but it doesn't go into a lot of explanation why or any real character development so often feels flat.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Grand Designs proper is back tonight and it looks like a good one.
Kevin McCloud meets Clinton Dall from Sussex, a self-made businessman and father of four aiming to build one of the largest homes ever featured on the show. Dall wants the end project to be perfect - from the finish of his mirrored cruciform steel columns, to how the floor tiles line up with the dining room table, and is willing to spend whatever it takes to achieve his vision. However, the construction represents a huge risk, as down one road lies abject failure and financial ruin, while down the other, is the creation of something sublime and almost heroic.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Returning next few weeks:
Gotham
Castle
Agents of SHIELD

Brand New starting next week that I'm going to try out:
Minority Report
Blindspot
Limitless
Heroes - Reborn
Quantico

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Quantico does look good.

Also returning soon are all the usual animated suspects (South Park, Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, Family Guy), sitcoms (The League already started, The Big Bang Theory, Black-ish, Modern Family, Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Blue Bloods and Once Upon a Time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I agree, how unlikable was he?!

It was an incredible house, though. It's rare to see McCloud almost speechless, that was his most genuine "holy shit" reaction that I can remember.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
The last season of The League was kinda meh and the first episode of this season felt the same. It used to be really good though.

While Fear of the Walking Dead took a week off I tried watching Z Nation but it's garbage.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
@Urgat? Care to explain the rating?

And yes @mooSe_, The League is awful now, they're trying so hard it's not remotely funny. Andre being the butt of pretty much every single joke was funny for the first few seasons but it's all so obvious and contrived now.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Quantico does look good.

I think it looks shit tbh and I'll be very surprised if it gets a season 2, just like most of the other high-concept shows coming out this season. I've seen several of the pilots already and nothing really looks that interesting or original so far. Even Blindspot is basically just a clone of The Blacklist but instead of a hat-wearing James Spader we have a naked tatoo covered Jaimie Alexander. I'm not sure that's actually an improvement. Frankly the best of the bunch I've seen was Lucifer as that was just silly OTT fun.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just watched the Pilot of Limitlless.

Was pretty good. Might make for a good first season!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Overall pretty decent. It starts out really well but slows down later on as it's more a documentary-drama than a proper drama with story arcs etc. So it shows a lot of wild shit the Narcos got up to, which is fun enough, but it doesn't go into a lot of explanation why or any real character development so often feels flat.

It did get a bit jumbled along the way with character development but apart from that it was damn near perfect. The choice of actors for the main players was spot on. Brilliant series.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Not much on atm so I gave "The Player" a watch because the whole premise is dumb and it has Wesley "I need money to pax taxes" Snipes in it.

Eh, not bad, not great.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Watched the first three of narcos this evening. Think its cool. Has my attention. Not really a bb killer that it proclaimed tho

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Watched the first three of narcos this evening. Think its cool. Has my attention. Not really a bb killer that it proclaimed tho

Nah simply because its true - its difficult to make a groundbreaking series on reality IMO, since its following a set story. Nevertheless it's still a very good series.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So I watched season 1 of Ballers over the Eid Hols and quite enjoyed it. Was a bit of a surprise as I expected it to be utter drivel. Totally over the top and blinged out excessively but can imagine it is quite accurate.

Brooklyn 9 9 is back - YAY! :) Fav comedy from last year.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I watched all of that on Netflix, it gets pretty funny later on because its so bad.

As for Fear the walking dead, its a bit meh for the most part, I just don't care about any of the characters, which is odd when its supposed to be more character focused than vanilla walking dead. Except the daughter who I could watch for a whole episode. Last night's episode was pretty good but it just feels like it's dragging its feet for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom