TV New Season!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I gave up on The Last Ship a few episodes in, I always meant to go back and binge watch the rest of season 1 but never got around to it. I think I got pissed off with the vomit inducing "MERICA!" nonsense. Like, John-Casey-from-Chuck gave some speech on the bridge and somebody stepped forward and asked for "permission to salute the XO" or some mushy rubbish like that. It was entertaining though, I should go back and wade through it.

Aye it's very patriotic and American :) But I don't mind that a little bit.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
The flag waving in The Last Ship have me cringe the few times I catch an episode (enough to have a rough idea of the storyline). But to be fair - it is a show centered around a US naval warship, so lots of patriotism is to be expected. Frankly, it would be rather odd if it wasn't, since their mission is to save the world (from the ship's point of view).

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Forgot to say season 2 started about a week ago, picks up right where it left off.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's so cringey, but that adds to the love of it.

I just watch it as they've made it tongue in cheek, although they haven't. :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Watched Ep 1 of Zoo last night, based on a James Patterson book wife and kid liked it. Story about animals turning on mankind, could be good.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Mr Robot! Very good, feels a little bit like a hacker version of fight club, without the fighting but the same philosophy sort of, anyway it's brilliant so far.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Mr Robot! Very good, feels a little bit like a hacker version of fight club, without the fighting but the same philosophy sort of, anyway it's brilliant so far.

yep I liked the pilot a lot, quirky and really well done.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just finished the remastered version of The Wire and now can't decide whether to go for Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos. Both shows I've never seen before

Any help?

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Was going to write something but realized it wasn't very helpful so i didn't. Sort of like this reply.

I'd go with The Sopranos. For no reason at all, I haven't seen either.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The Sopranos.

Boardwalk is decent enough in places but it's no Sopranos.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Sopranos for sure. Boardwalk Empire has ups and downs (and it goes out with a bit of a whimper) but The Sopranos is solid all the way through.

Trem

Breathing is only slightly more important than watching the Sopranos.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yep. Might binge on a couple of seasons this weekend. Its my once a month sitting around in my underpants weekend.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yep. Might binge on a couple of seasons this weekend. Its my once a month sitting around in my underpants weekend.
My 15 yr old just finished his school year and pretty much done that for a week the lazy sod. If he's not on Xbone he's binge watching Falling Skies 4 seasons in a week! :)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Seen up to episode 3 so far and it's been excellent throughout. Definitely the best new show of the year. Great soundtrack too. Also
the Fight Club comparison may not just be in it's style. There's nothing so far that would rule out Mr Robot all being in his head, his own Tyler Durden.

Trem

Seen up to episode 3 so far and it's been excellent throughout. Definitely the best new show of the year. Great soundtrack too. Also
the Fight Club comparison may not just be in it's style. There's nothing so far that would rule out Mr Robot all being in his head, his own Tyler Durden.
Can't find the right fucking spoiler brackets on my phone keyboard but I totally agree, got to watch number 3 yet but I think we may be right. Fucks sake I need to say something that needs spoilers, will do so in the morning.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The last series was the best so far, awesome TV and really looking forward to the next one.
The runway scene..! Probably the single best piece of TV in the history of series. Had me on the edge of the seat, mouth wide open, heart pounding and adrenaline rushing through my entire body! And I watched it at my uni's library...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So uh new show called "Mr Robot"

It's like dexter, but with hackers instead of serial killers.
First 3 eps out, seems good so far.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So uh new show called "Mr Robot"

It's like dexter, but with hackers instead of serial killers.
First 3 eps out, seems good so far.

You sooooo Glenn!!! :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone watching Wayward Pines, any good?
I'm watching it with the other half, it's very 'jumpy' at the moment, everything gets rearranged every other episode but it's pretty watchable so far.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Sopranos.

Boardwalk is decent enough in places but it's no Sopranos.
Which is why you should do Boardwalk first. Good then Great :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Agree with Mr. Robot.. for now.

And get in touch with Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Stays loyal to the book and is bloody brilliant at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom