TV New Season!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Arrow is like smallville, except more adult.
Gotham is like batman, except less superhero.

Both get better over time.

On a superhero sidenote; comic book men new season started this week.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Arrow is like smallville, except more adult.
Gotham is like batman, except less superhero.

Both get better over time.

On a superhero sidenote; comic book men new season started this week.
I'm loving the evolution of Oswald

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Flash is good too(2 episodes now), some big question marks, between arrow-smallville on the scale of "how comic".

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I've beeen binge-watching The Blacklist.

Almost done with S1, will grab S2 when it's done.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
American Horror Story - Freakshow has started (Ep2 aired). The scariest psycho clown I have ever seen! Pic in Spoiler for those who don't mind clowns.
twisty_3075017b.jpg

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well I'm not liking Gotham at all. I'm finding it pretty boring to be honest. It's essentially just a crime drama that happens to be set in a comic city. And if they are going to do that, why have all the characters everyone knows and wants to see as kids. That means nothing interesting can happen with them!

As for the The Flash, it's a bit too comic book for me. At least Arrow was not OTT with the fantasy stuff, but it's early so I'll give it some more time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
American Horror Story - Freakshow has started (Ep2 aired). The scariest psycho clown I have ever seen! Pic in Spoiler for those who don't mind clowns.
twisty_3075017b.jpg

Is that a spin off? Pretty sure I watched a series last year sometime called American horror stories or something (about a haunted house) but got bored half way through series 1, it started really well though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is that a spin off? Pretty sure I watched a series last year sometime called American horror stories or something (about a haunted house) but got bored half way through series 1, it started really well though.

It's an ongoing series. Haunted house was season 1, asylum season 2, witchy stuff 3 and now this.

Creepy pasta series :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah right OK, I might give it another go at some point then. Its on Netflix I think.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i personally thought 2 was best of the lot, certainly better then 1. They are all different though.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
If you like the weird, creepy stuff, i can recommend Freak show. Seen the first two episodes and it is seriously odd. It is well done and quite disturbing at times.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Has the same group of main cast members. Agreed Series 1 lost its way a bit. Series 2 was better. This could be good, I luv the clown!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well I'm not liking Gotham at all. I'm finding it pretty boring to be honest. It's essentially just a crime drama that happens to be set in a comic city. And if they are going to do that, why have all the characters everyone knows and wants to see as kids. That means nothing interesting can happen with them!

As for the The Flash, it's a bit too comic book for me. At least Arrow was not OTT with the fantasy stuff, but it's early so I'll give it some more time.

That's exactly the reason I like it. DC should be about the fantastic and super-powered, not just Batman clones (and don't get me wrong, I like Arrow). I'm looking forward to The Flash doing proper superhero stuff (budget permitting), although of course, as they're now building a TV DCU, you're always going to have the lack of the "Big Guns" in the back of your mind. Oh well, should be interesting to see what they do with Ray Palmer.

Gotham on the other hand, seems utterly pointless. I feel that way about most prequels, but particularly so in this case.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sons of Anarchy.
It looks like it's going to be Abel's job to fuck Gemma up. That's beautiful.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I thought something would happen to fuck up Jax's perfect little plan but I wasn't expecting that. I guess they saw the car when they went into the building site to take pictures of that body
And hoh boy, The Sopranos Blu-ray boxset is (finally) out in a few weeks. Another show I will have to rewatch.

Last edited:

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Finally got to sit down and watch The Flash last night, 1st episode moved very quickly to set everything up, which was good, it means it can hit the ground running. Looks promising

Any one catch Constantine, it started this week, any good?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Finally got to sit down and watch The Flash last night, 1st episode moved very quickly to set everything up, which was good, it means it can hit the ground running. Looks promising

Any one catch Constantine, it started this week, any good?

Watched it last night. Certainly didn't mess around with long drawn out introductions. I can't decide if I liked it or not. Will definitely watch again, and there was one DC Easter Egg that made me go "oooh" when I saw it.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Pissed off Boardwalk Empire is finishing (fuck me you can just tell it is as well) so I am going to be left without a show to watch. I have downloaded Peaky Blinders, is that any good? Looks like an English Boardwalk Empire tbh. If not anything else that isn't shit, fuck off with super hero spin off, candy covered, american glossy bollocks as well :eek:

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Certainly didn't mess around with long drawn out introductions. I can't decide if I liked it or not.

Exactly my thought too. The pacing was at breakneck speed and it didn't help I've never read the comics so half the time I had no idea who anyone was or what was going on. You can't always judge on the pilot episode but I feel like it's either going to turn out to be really good, or really bad.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pissed off Boardwalk Empire is finishing (fuck me you can just tell it is as well) so I am going to be left without a show to watch. I have downloaded Peaky Blinders, is that any good? Looks like an English Boardwalk Empire tbh. If not anything else that isn't shit, fuck off with super hero spin off, candy covered, american glossy bollocks as well :eek:
Person of Interest :eek:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was losing interest in Person of Interest but the last ep was very good.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Agents of Shield still continues to be very good too

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Exactly my thought too. The pacing was at breakneck speed and it didn't help I've never read the comics so half the time I had no idea who anyone was or what was going on. You can't always judge on the pilot episode but I feel like it's either going to turn out to be really good, or really bad.

It slows down a bit, somewhere between arrow/smallville. In true DC fashion since there's police involved it has some a light investication tone to it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Must say I agree pal!

Peaky Blinders is good... you'll enjoy it.

I've also been watching:

Ray Donovan
Walking Dead
Homeland
The Blacklist

None of these (or anything else I've found) have the teeth of Boadwalk E though :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I watched the first two of Ray Donovan and liked it, I must get back into it when BE ends. I just hate the main actor guy, him who looks like a fraggle rock faced thing. If you haven't seen Californication that is a must see @Jupitus it is too short at 30 minutes a show but if you haven't seen any you have loads to go at, it is dirty, funny and altogether brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom