TV New Season!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Woman has said Hemlock Grove is good...
The Strain is on my list too

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The Strain is on my list too

It's becoming more obvious each episode that the writing in The Strain is not it's strong point, but you have to give them top marks for going all out with the body horror & gore scenes :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Not a new series but I find myself watching firefly for the first time and absolutely love it.... Fuck knows how or why I missed this in 2002..... Finally I understand why people are pissed off that it was cancelled...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
In the middle of the second series of the following. Quite liking that especially as there's bacon in it lol.

Got Grimm downloaded. Not started that yet.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It's becoming more obvious each episode that the writing in The Strain is not it's strong point, but you have to give them top marks for going all out with the body horror & gore scenes :)

It is better than most US Sci/Horror stuff but yeah the writing could be a lot better. Its the filling out they get wrong trying to add in too many sub plots. If they can keep to the main story line and develop the characters slowly it will be good.
I did enjoy the god bothering wife feeding the nosey neighbour to her infected husband in the shed :)[/spolier]

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I wasn't too impressed with Legends. But i only watched it with half an eye... will give it a few more episodes before i decide. I just feel that the tormented lone super agent have been done so many times already. Doesn't feel like it bring much new to the genre.
Also how can Sean Bean be the lead? He dies in everything he is in :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I know! He must get fed up of being the lead so they kill him off!
Yes there are quite a few lone super agent type tv shows but I enjoy them!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Witches of East End series 2 starts on Monday and I don't care what anyone says I like it.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just started watching Hell on wheels. 8eps in and I find it good as a time killer, much like SoA at first, which then turned to shit

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Except he is norwegian, which he points out in his first dialog :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
he isn't dead yet? how many episodes have their been? 5? new record.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Not a new series but I find myself watching firefly for the first time and absolutely love it.... Fuck knows how or why I missed this in 2002..... Finally I understand why people are pissed off that it was cancelled...

Welcome to the Browncoats!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Ep 7 of the strain and really enjoying now. Another faction in play now and the story is moving at a good pace

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just started watching Hell on wheels. 8eps in and I find it good as a time killer, much like SoA at first, which then turned to shit
It doesn't get bad though. One of the few series I could watch with the Mrs. Good stuff.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
he isn't dead yet? how many episodes have their been? 5? new record.
2, so still time :) Although he is the lead and the background story centers on who he really is, so doubt he will die for a while yet.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
From what I can tell Suits has finished for the season, only 10 episodes, but they were rather good.

Now catching up on Lilyhammer. Very amusing.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Now catching up on Lilyhammer. Very amusing.
It's brilliant, I love the fact that it's played so it could do easily be a follow on from the Sopranos as he's changed nothing about the character.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Watched the first episode of Outlander last night, looks quite good. Although, definitely aimed at the ladies. Showing the English as the oppressors once again, timing seems good for Mr Fishy of the SNP.

I'm not sure if I should feel bad for really liking this so far. It's obviously aimed at those of a female gender but it's got very good production values, proper actors who fit their roles well and it's refreshing the storyline isn't hurtling ahead at 100 miles an hour unlike a lot of new shows these days.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'm not sure if I should feel bad for really liking this so far. It's obviously aimed at those of a female gender but it's got very good production values, proper actors who fit their roles well and it's refreshing the storyline isn't hurtling ahead at 100 miles an hour unlike a lot of new shows these days.
Yeah, know exactly what you mean. Using the excuse that the wife likes it so something we watch together :) Good script and well acted but definitely written for the other side.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
In The Flesh, S01 & 02. Not sure how I missed this series but totally hooked on it. Zombies cured and returned into society. Good drama with a lot of decent brit tv stars.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
All these start this week!:

Gotham
Agents of SHIELD
Person of Interest
Blue Bloods

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Gotham was okay at best. Hard to say by the pilot as they tried to introduce all the characters, which imo is a fail. It's ok not to have all the villains on camera in the first episode, let them come in with a strong entrance and mix things up one at the time.
Will give it another one or maybe two episodes unless something more interesting comes up in that time slot (not having a PVR box sucks raw monkey balls).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom