TV New Season!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
HAven't seen any of it yet, though did peek into silicon valley which is slow to start, but it's good. Just not sure yet if it's trying to be a comedy or what as the tone bounces back and forth a bit.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
For those who care, I'm pretty sure Suits Season 4 starts tonight in the US. Reviews seem to be suggesting it gets even better when Mike Ross turns up as an investment banker, so looking forward to it. Might stop the missus from watching Orange is the New Black for more than an hour......

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
HAven't seen any of it yet, though did peek into silicon valley which is slow to start, but it's good. Just not sure yet if it's trying to be a comedy or what as the tone bounces back and forth a bit.
Huh? It's a comedy through and through. And it's a very good one as well. It got a bit dark (if you follow the goings on of the show) when the actor who played Peter Gregory died but they handled it well.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I tell a lie, it started last night. That's this evening's entertainment sorted!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Huh? It's a comedy through and through. And it's a very good one as well. It got a bit dark (if you follow the goings on of the show) when the actor who played Peter Gregory died but they handled it well.

After a few more episodes; agreed. The style and direction just didn't open up that easily(which often happens with better comedies).

And ty for the spoiler.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
After a few more episodes; agreed. The style and direction just didn't open up that easily(which often happens with better comedies).

And ty for the spoiler.
Meh, it's not a spoiler. It's a real-life spoiler I guess but it didnt affect the plot in any way (except they obviously had to make excuses for him not being around in the show).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah it doesn't matter anyway, it's not like telling people stuff about comedies -really- matters :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
For those who care, I'm pretty sure Suits Season 4 starts tonight in the US. Reviews seem to be suggesting it gets even better when Mike Ross turns up as an investment banker, so looking forward to it. Might stop the missus from watching Orange is the New Black for more than an hour......

Can confirm. Can also confirm the first episode is good.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I just found a torrent to Band of Brothers.

It's given me the Band of Brothers itch. :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
24 S09E08:
Well, shit. They actually did it. I mean, they killed David Palmer back in the day (my god that was a good intro to a season) so we know they have it in 'em but I'm surprised all the same. Not only that but they also fucked Wembley up as well.

Boudreau just makes me cringe - he was awful in Hostages and I think that show has forever tarnished him as an actor for me. I don't know if he just keeps getting given terrible roles and he's actually playing the shit out of them or if he's just an awful actor but I fear it's more of the latter.

The guy that was sent to knock Jordan on the head - Worst. Assassin/Cleaner. EVER.

And is it me or did it get dark pretty bloody quick? When Jordan was in the phone box speaking to Navaro it was light and then literally 4 minutes later when Jack is walking out with Pres it's dusky and then bam it's dark when they get to the chopper(!).*

I did enjoy the drone chase in the last ep, though. Other than that though, it's pretty awful stuff.

*I've just seen on the wiki that, although there are only 12 eps, it's still supposed to cover a 24 hour period, with jumps forward in between some episodes. That's news to me - we started at 11am in E01 and now we're at 7pm at the end of E08...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Checked first season of orphan black(finally). It's good, best go in blind as always. Not too popcorny, but not something you have to watch deadsober with a dictionary with you either.

Basic TV if you will. Great lead.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Checked first season of orphan black(finally). It's good, best go in blind as always. Not too popcorny, but not something you have to watch deadsober with a dictionary with you either.

Basic TV if you will. Great lead.
2nd season gets better.
The lead actress is pretty damn awesome for handling all those roles. And she looks good :)

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Just saw the pilot of Dominion (Syfy series). It was interesting but i can't see it picking up a 2nd season to be honest. Too many good series to compete with even on it's own network.
It is a apocalyptic future with man fighting a war against angels (!). God left heaven and some angels felt like they should rule the earth. Gabriel on one side and Michael on the other. And of course a prophecy of our savior reborn - pretty much the 2nd coming of Christ but never outspoken clearly. Takes place in Vegas and has a lot of factions doing cloak and dagger stuff.
Half decent acting, good looking females, some promising plots, cheesy effects (in typical Syfy fashion) and a pretty cool background idea...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sounds like the film Legion.

Yep, the baby becomes the chosen one and will give mankind hope and win the battle against Michael.

Good start and I hope they get this right, it could be very good. Political plot kinda borrowed from Romeo and Juliet. Two great houses, blah blah blah...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Saw the season opener for Defiance and my basic response is WTF! How did this get a second season.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Caught the first two episodes of Ripper Street lagt night and thought it was good. Does it continue in the same fashion?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Caught the first two episodes of Ripper Street lagt night and thought it was good. Does it continue in the same fashion?

Yes - it's a good series, worth watching.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
CorNokZ said:

Sadly the cancelled it after the second season :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Penny Dreadful continues to be awesomely horrible, trueblood s7 has started well and Hannibal S2 is also revoltingly glorious

Lakih

Resident Freddy
The last ship... Michael Bay... Don't really have to say more.
Here's a picture of Rhona Mitra to save you an hour:
Rhona-Mitra-9.JPG

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Last Ship. It has masses of potential but I would be surprised if it see's S02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom