TV New Season!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
CW have cancelled The Tomorrow People, got good at the end and it was left on a good cliffhanger too.

Agents of Shield has been renewed though, which I have stuck with and enjoyed, but I can't work out if Clark Gregg is a bad actor or he's meant to be playing the part like that?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's more and more obvious these days that the major US networks just cannot commit to long running series that aren't sitcoms.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Except for all of the long-running series that aren't sitcoms, I'd agree with you.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
That's a facetious argument. Firstly viewing habits and production values (and hence cost) are very different today compared to historically. Any modern show that gets passed 5 seasons is "long running".

Also sitcoms are comparatively cheap to produce. Some actors, a few sets + cameras, sorted. Compare that to your favourite dramas, sci-fi or fantasy shows which cost several millions of dollars to make per episode.

soze

I am a FH squatter
That is why procedural shows are so popular they are great TV and compared to SciFi they are very cheap. You pay your stars and you film it all in a studio. Add a few explosions for good measure and you have a great show. NCIS is fantastic TV and has been picked up for its 12th season. And remember it is time too that Blood and Chrome show that was 15 minutes a pop were in CGI for over a month and episode so unless your happy with once a month there needs to be a year between episodes.

The only SciFi show I have been legitimately sad to see go lately is the one where they travel back in time with the dinosaurs.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have just caught up with Bates Motel. The relationship between the mother and the son just feels so wrong it's unreal. The play it so unbelievably creepy. It is a really good show done so well that watching parts of it is uncomfortable.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I have just caught up with Bates Motel. The relationship between the mother and the son just feels so wrong it's unreal. The play it so unbelievably creepy. It is a really good show done so well that watching parts of it is uncomfortable.
Need to get the first series so I can watch the second.

Edmond

Just watched the 2nd episode of Penny Dreadful, Billie Piper does like getting her tits out doesn't she

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Saw Ep 2 of Penny Dreadful yesterday, looks like it is going to a good show.
Bit sad Proteus, was like WTF!! at the end there. Just when I was lulled into thinking that this was a fresh take on the whole Frankenstein story.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bit sad Proteus, was like WTF!! at the end there. Just when I was lulled into thinking that this was a fresh take on the whole Frankenstein story.

I know. :(

leggy

Probably Scottish
Just finished Almost Human and I think I see why it was cancelled.... it's utter fucking shite.

I enjoyed the the three amigos aspect to it but the mini plots were abysmal and the underlying thread was so boring I just didn't give a shit.

Edmond

Yeah, at the end I was like WTF is this, good though

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Had to stop watching 24 ten minutes into episode 3. I can't stand Chloe.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
She's in the new season of Californication and she swears a lot. It's weird.

Edmond

I stopped watching Arrow but I just heard about the Flash spin off show they are going to do since they introduced Barry Allen and his accident in the show, teaser trailer below which appeared at the end of on of the Arrow episodes afaik.

http://screenrant.com/flash-tv-show-trailer/

This does look good. I stopped watching Arrow too, I know the 2 shows are linked, should I get back into Arrow b4 watching this?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Suits is awesome. You shouldn't wait a second

Agreed.
Finally got round to getting S3, pretty awesome. Does get a little bit too X-factory emotional stylee at times, still properly entertaining. Roll on June for Series 4!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
S3 was kinda shit. Way too much people drama and hurrr is he found out hurrrr.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Arrow got a lot better this season. Like a lot.
Yeah it started off dog shit. Serious change from series one. They then ramped it up big style, I think they tried to do to much in the end though, too many characters.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Agreed with arrow getting better, i only stuck with it because hey, basically only superhero tv show(outside shield which, welllll....). It's been more towards comics then a serious realism drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom