TV New Season!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Started The Red Road, quite like it so far. Very brooding crime drama seat in NE USA (upper state NY) and centered around a community including disenfranchised American Indians.

Up to Ep 6 of Dusk till Dawn and have to say it it all rather slow. Each episode seems to be drawn out with only a tiny part of the overall story. I'll keep going as it does have some good moments.

Fuck em for cancelling Almost Human, we will never see the reunion with his terrorist wife and work out what they were all after. Decent enough show and better than Continuum imo even with the eye candy (Nichols).

soze

I am a FH squatter
Almost Human was great the problem is it was Sci Fi which seems very hard to get established in America and with the Actors involved i can't imagine it was cheap. The real shame is one of the greatest bits of eye candy on TV is gone again.

minka_kelly-almost-human.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Problem ofcourse is that people who like these sort of shows(gamers, nerds, whatnot) don't pay a dime to watch them.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Almost Human was great the problem is it was Sci Fi which seems very hard to get established in America and with the Actors involved i can't imagine it was cheap.

I thought Amost Human despite an interesting premise and striking visuals became very boring very fast. I wasn't surprised at all it was cancelled, wasted potential IMO.

Sci Fi shows in general are expensive to make, the actors are cheaper than the special effects and production costs in that kind of show. However a "hit" series with a dedicated fan-base usually sells lots of DVD's.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Can anyone here who watches Suits tell me is S3 and S4 are any good? Just finished series 2 and I'm completely hooked, just deciding whether to wait on Netflix to show them or dig out the D/L machine.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought Amost Human despite an interesting premise and striking visuals became very boring very fast. I wasn't surprised at all it was cancelled, wasted potential IMO.

Sci Fi shows in general are expensive to make, the actors are cheaper than the special effects and production costs in that kind of show. However a "hit" series with a dedicated fan-base usually sells lots of DVD's.

I thought the same, enjoyed it at first but then nothing happened.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
It was different in that it tied a story together in each episode, whether that was a problem, as it didn't have a story arc (so to speak) I don't know.

Some of the talk of criticism is that the episodes were shown out of sync, but I didn't really see that tbh

and yes @soze, Minka Kelly....damn

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Glad to see Person of Interest is safe.
Is it worth the time? It looks interesting but i have issues with Jim Caviezel and if the series isn't more then okay I'm not going to bother with it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is it worth the time? It looks interesting but i have issues with Jim Caviezel and if the series isn't more then okay I'm not going to bother with it.
It really picks up from its starting point. The way they handle backstory elements is incredibly clever and they're essentially building out the Arc of the story season after season. They're also smart enough to shake things up and there have been some serious twists that I never saw coming which are quite brilliant.

Also Amy Acker being in it doesn't hurt.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Can anyone here who watches Suits tell me is S3 and S4 are any good? Just finished series 2 and I'm completely hooked, just deciding whether to wait on Netflix to show them or dig out the D/L machine.
Suits is awesome. You shouldn't wait a second

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Penny Dreadful, new show(should say new to me atleast), rather good. Not going to say anything else about it really, best watched untold.

Feels very like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (not the shit film version).

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Feels very like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (not the shit film version).

Totally agree, but more macabre and plus I enjoyed it unlike LoEG :). Just needs Eva Green to get the puppies out again for and extra star rating.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just seen Penny Dreadful and really enjoyed it :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well colour me surprised - Crisis has been cancelled. As has Community. I'm actually surprised about this one, I thought it had gained enough momentum to see out the "6 seasons and a movie" thing but apparently not.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I watched the first series, started the second, but the episodes seemed drawn out, I like post apocalyptic stuff, but there ain't been much for long time :(
For me it is a shame as it crossed that with AI god a-la person of interest

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
For me it is a shame as it crossed that with AI god a-la person of interest
I stopped in the bit where the patriots came to the town and the dad betrayed them and was in that building, and Aaron blew shit up

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Since it's cancelled I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags, did you not get to the matrix style episode?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sure, making shit up from an existing franchise is so much more creative than creating a new one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom