TV New Season!

ileks

Part of the furniture
I'm slowly warming to it but it's too much politics and not enough high-sea action so. However the title sequence deserves an award, it's fantastic.

The last couple of episodes have been much better. My main gripe with the show is that the actor playing the new quartermaster isn't that convincing.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The new series of Jonathan Creek is just awful. I have the DVD boxset from earlier seasons and it's good quality television but this little outing was just dire. Stupid "mysteries" (the first of which was actually shown to us as it happened! Where's the fun for the viewer in that?) and just not how I remember it. Put him back in an old lighthouse ffs and get Dorothy-from-Men-Behaving-Badly (I forget her name) back in. :(

I guess the mystery in the last ep was passable but I'm sure they can do better.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It just looks like a different take on the premise of Touch from the one paragraph description.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It's far too schmaltzy for me. If it's just "help the nice random stranger" every week then I can't see myself carrying on watching.
Agreed it could get old very soon, was hoping they will make more of the two sides and why they want her. More back/main story and less fillers would be great. If it ends up as Touch MkII then it will only last one/two seasons.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well the new season of Continuum has started and it's gone full-on bonkers. Not sure how I feel about all the changes yet. Time will tell.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well the new season of Continuum has started and it's gone full-on bonkers. Not sure how I feel about all the changes yet. Time will tell.
I noticed that floating around the other day, that's what has me watching season 2 all of a sudden.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Finished House Of Cards the other day, thought it was excellent. American TV is so much better (in every way I can think of) than the shit the BBC put out.

Zarjazz

You do realise House of Cards was originally a BBC series right? o_O

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yep, Kevin Spacey got into the BBC version when he was in the UK doing the lovie theatre thing.

ileks

Part of the furniture
You do realise House of Cards was originally a BBC series right? o_O

Yeah, although I've not seen it since it aired before I was born. I was referring more to the stuff they've put out in the last ten years or so. The only thing I've enjoyed has been Ripper Street.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Line of Duty had me gripped... I'd recommend that...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Saw dusk till dawn series pilot yesterday, it has potential.

Not like in "Poor billy with ehad trauma has potential", but more like SHIELD caliber potential.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Crisis. Another bizarre hostage show, not quite as batshit crazy as Hostages but not far off - a bus full of very important children (whose parents include the President, very rich people etc) are kidnapped. The pilot flew by, it could actually be pretty good*!

*it could also be shit

soze

I am a FH squatter
Has anyone seen the casting news for "Gotham"
The origin story behind Commissioner James Gordon's rise to prominence in Gotham City in the years before Batman's arrival.
Part of me thinks what the fuck? A Batman show without Batman. But the other part thinks seeing the origins of Batman and a lot of the super villains could be really cool. It is one to keep an eye on.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Continuum started up again while I was skiing, it's going crazy.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Has anyone seen the casting news for "Gotham"

Part of me thinks what the fuck? A Batman show without Batman. But the other part thinks seeing the origins of Batman and a lot of the super villains could be really cool. It is one to keep an eye on.

Like, i think Yachtzee said; worst thing about batman is batman :p

I'm expecting arrow levels of good(speaking of which, one line said in that show made me all giddy).

Light spoiler for Arrow:

Female voice from a suicide squad cell: "I'm a licensed therapist" :D

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just caught myself up. Thought it went pretty well apart from the duplication use.
As that means any death/loss is totally meaningless. I expect to see Escher back before this series is out

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm embarking now on a Continuum catchup... haven't watched any of it really so far!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I got a bit bored of it really, excellent concept and early episodes but it just felt a little too padded out. Might watch the new season when its all been done though.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Suits started up again last night. Gonna watch the ep when I get home tonight

Zarjazz

I got a bit bored of it really, excellent concept and early episodes but it just felt a little too padded out. Might watch the new season when its all been done though.

I thought the only time it really dragged was early in season 2, but it sure picked up towards the end. It's a solid if not spectacular sci-fi show that stands out because there are so many bad ones around at present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom