TV New Season!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well I thought the first episode of Agents of SHIELD was utterly unspectacular.

Sleepy Hollow on the other hand has been quite fun so far, pleasantly surprised.

It was mainly an exercise in "Spot the Whedon Alumni". I'm not too worried because these things often start slowly and there's plenty of interesting Marvel-verse stuff to play with (I'd love to see Kevin Feige's "bible" for all this stuff - keeping five, maybe up to seven or eight, movie franchises plus a tv-series, plus all the stuff they're not allowed to use because of rights, like the word "mutant" for example, all in sync must be quite an exercise).

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So the Dexter finale was ridiculous, think this says it all really.

bUdpsGJ.png

Oh and his boat is for sale on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEXTER-MORG...errptr=true&item=350880282249#ht_10508wt_1058

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I hope it's not "his actual boat". "His actual boat" is in about a million bits floating in the ocean.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Agents of Shield on C4 tonight followed by the last ever IT Crowd :D

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Castle started again too as well as Elementary and Blue Bloods.

Oh Season 1 of The Michael j Fox Show started as well.

Oh and Homeland S3 starts next week

Chilly

Balls of steel
South Park, S17E01 - Woooooooooooooow. That probably took some balls.
What? Poking fun of the NSA? That's nothing. They're under a more significant threat every time they take the piss out of the scientologists than they'd ever face for antagonising the govt.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I need something new to watch... Anything new (As in, S1 E01-5) started recently that's worth checking out?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I need something new to watch... Anything new (As in, S1 E01-5) started recently that's worth checking out?

Haven just restarted, not watched many of them but seems OK. The Bridge, Sleepy Hollow and Low Winter Sun.

One for the older kids to - Atlantis, UK thing in the same mould as Merlin.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Overdriven said:
Best new show so far is The Blacklist. If you are a fan of the cop show / procedural style you should give it a watch.

But the I thought Agents of Shield was ok for an origin style episode.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Rewind, Sy-fy show, saw the pilot and read it's straight to the cancel bin. Shame, had potential.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Rewind, Sy-fy show, saw the pilot and read it's straight to the cancel bin. Shame, had potential.

It wasn't exactly original and copied it's premise from a number of other shows such as Stargate, Primeval etc. Everything about it indicated it was trying a bit too hard. Still it was better than the last SyFy pilot I saw - Defiance was awful.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah it was ehavily a stargate copy, but as such i wouldn't have minded a decent stargate copy :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Rewind looked awful, no wonder it was canned. As a (very very) general rule of thumb, if nobody can be bothered to make a wiki page for it (not even the production company), it's not going to go far.

Anyway, I just finished the pilot of Hostages - it looks good but I can't help feeling it would've made a better fillum than a tv series. The President is scheduled to have an operation and the baddies kidnap his surgeon's family the night before to try to get her to kill him. I don't know how they're going to string it out for a whole (15 ep) season but we'll see I guess.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Loved the first episode of season 9 of Supernatural. Cant wait while next week for the next.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I just watched The Tomorrow People. Forgetting the shocking name it is not a bad sci-fi show. It is like a TV series of Looper all that being said it is a sci-fi show so it has canceled written all over it :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I just watched The Tomorrow People. Forgetting the shocking name it is not a bad sci-fi show. It is like a TV series of Looper all that being said it is a sci-fi show so it has canceled written all over it :(

Just watched it now. It's actually pretty good!
Can't wait for the next episode!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If not mentioned, american horror story started again. Same old AHS, new story, still creepypasta :p

Oh and south park, but don't think that needs mentioning.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm really enjoying Hostages and The Blacklist. The latest guy on "the list" (The Stewmaker) is an excellent creepy baddy. The straight-faced FBI guy is a bit too much, though.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I watched the first episode of under the dome. It was good enough for me to want to see the second.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm really enjoying Hostages and The Blacklist. The latest guy on "the list" (The Stewmaker) is an excellent creepy baddy. The straight-faced FBI guy is a bit too much, though.

The Blacklist is a really odd show. It's a generic same-old seen it countless times before standard cop procedural with lots of wooden acting. And wtf is up with the lead actress, she's so bland I spend most of the time she's on screen trying to work out if she's wearing a wig or not. But then ... James Spader ... he's single handed made this show a huge success back in the US.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Tbh I've completely reversed my opinion on Hostages, it's complete dross. I would be surprised if it sees the end of its first season. It's not even entertaining dross like Revenge, which has admittedly also gone to pot. The fact that it was so bad was kind of its charm at the start but now it's just on a whole nother level.
Emily using the priest to convince Conrad to confess instead of ploughing ahead and destroying everybody herself. (I think I'm only up to S03E03)
I haven't watched the new Blacklist yet but yes, it's totally Spader that makes it worth watching. None of the law-enforcement people do anything for me, I forget that the woman is there half the time, it's like they cast someone who sounds like David Harewood but was probably a shitload cheaper as the chief and Ressler is just awful.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've been pleasantly surprised by under the dome, been watching it with the kids who are really enjoying it. Some of the characters are annoying but it's been lreety good so far (seen 6 or 7 episodes). Swings off on a tangent from the plot of the book but that's no bad thing if it's done right.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Tom Noonan who played the Stewmaker reprising pretty much the role he played in the original Manhunter movie (Red Dragon - book). Great episode and just as creepy as the Manhunter role. Also liked the latest episode -The Courier.

images

Up to ep 3 of hostages and quite enjoying all the conspiracy stuff. Even with the huge plot holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom