TV New Season!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The writer/creator for Farscape is involved so it has potential but considering the network my expectations are limited.
I'd imagine they'll be more limited when Joss Whedon says they're ripping off Firefly?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Last edited:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Charlie Brooker’s Weekly Wipe will launch on BBC Two on January 31, it has been announced.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
New season of supernatural with great big titties and lesbians...err i mean...lost girl has started.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Anyone else catch Utopia on Channel 4 last night?

So far it's pretty good. Has the potential to be one of those shows where the first episode is much stronger than the rest, but it's been set up quite well. For the most part I really enjoyed it. Good to see something a little more adventurous on TV.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else catch Utopia on Channel 4 last night?

So far it's pretty good. Has the potential to be one of those shows where the first episode is much stronger than the rest, but it's been set up quite well. For the most part I really enjoyed it. Good to see something a little more adventurous on TV.

Heard good things, going to watch it tonight.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I really liked ep1, downloaded ep2 but havn't watched it yet.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So far it's the best thing I've seen Britain produce, TV-drama wise for a good long time. I really hope the quality remains throughout.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I just watched the first episode of The Following and it was brilliant, it has so much potential. Which normally means it will be shit canned in 6 weeks time :(

Purefoy plays Joe Carroll, a former college professor who taught the works of Poe and killed young women in the gothic hero's honor—until he got caught. Since then he's been spending hours on a computer in the prison library, building a social network of copycat killers who hang on his every command. When the series begins, he's just escaped from death row with help from those followers, and the FBI calls in former agent Ryan Hardy (Bacon)—who brought down Joe the first time—to consult on the case.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just watched the first episode of The Following and it was brilliant, it has so much potential. Which normally means it will be shit canned in 6 weeks time :(

Purefoy plays Joe Carroll, a former college professor who taught the works of Poe and killed young women in the gothic hero's honor—until he got caught. Since then he's been spending hours on a computer in the prison library, building a social network of copycat killers who hang on his every command. When the series begins, he's just escaped from death row with help from those followers, and the FBI calls in former agent Ryan Hardy (Bacon)—who brought down Joe the first time—to consult on the case.
Watched it today and loved it. Hope it doesn't get shit canned.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

You need a few more episodes before you can really judge if a series will last. If I remember right last year Alcatraz got similar high ratings for it's premier and two months later it was already cancelled. A good pilot doesn't necessarily make a good show.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I just really hope The Following doesn't fall into the same trap that Alcatraz did - I.E. a mystery of the week type procedural.

It seems like everyone producing television looks at the drivil that is CSI/NCIS/Criminal minds/Bones and says "hey we should do that too". At least it seems like the market for those is saturated.....well....except for how well that POS "Elementary" is doing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't mind a story a week, so long as they run in some sort of order and add to the main story. Dexter for example does it very well.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I just really hope The Following doesn't fall into the same trap that Alcatraz did - I.E. a mystery of the week type procedural.

It seems like everyone producing television looks at the drivil that is CSI/NCIS/Criminal minds/Bones and says "hey we should do that too". At least it seems like the market for those is saturated.....well....except for how well that POS "Elementary" is doing.

You can still make that idea work, but it is getting increasingly difficult to stand out. Ripper Street is pretty much a "Victorian CSI" but its no worse for that, and there's some nice backstory going on to keep the whole thing moving along. Also helps that its got decent actors (it was like Game of Thrones reunion week this week).

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Great British Menu starts tonight, BB2/HD 7:30pm.

One of the best food shows around, always fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom