TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Blimey, Burn Notice S06E06...
Didn't see that coming, although the wound didn't look *that* serious. It looked like it went through Fullerton and grazed Nate's side but whatever

Yet another twist put it solely to pad the series out, as if he would have a sniper standing by "just in case" everywhere he went.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Warehouse 13 came back last night but the source has really tinny audio so i can not watch it yet :(

Bit miffed that they cancelled Eureka yet they left this running. They both have massive potential in terms of story, but for me Eureka was so much better.

Suits, Futurama, True Blood, Warehouse 13 and Leverage are my only tracked shows atm.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Bit miffed that they cancelled Eureka yet they left this running. They both have massive potential in terms of story, but for me Eureka was so much better.
I agree Eureka was the better show. But it had rubbish viewing figures. SyFy should take the blame for that they showed it in such fits and starts watching it on live TV would of been impossible.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Actually I think Eureka and Warehouse 13 are some of the least interesting shows SyFy airs. They are just so bland. Though to be honest they haven't done anything of note since BSG ended.

As for all those new show previews, they are almost all those "high concept" idea shows US networks like to pick-up but end up cancelling early or after 1 season once they run out of story ideas after the pilot episode. No one remember Flash Forward, Alcatraz, Terra Nova and so on?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Nothing to do with running out of story ideas. Random Talent Show costs half a mil to make draws 20 million viewers and makes millions in advertising. Terra Nova and he like get a quarter of the number of viewers cost much more to make and earn less money. Hence they are cut.

It is the reason that cable networks consistently make the best shows the funding comes from subscriptions as well as advertising.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually I think Eureka and Warehouse 13 are some of the least interesting shows SyFy airs. They are just so bland. Though to be honest they haven't done anything of note since BSG ended.
Eureka needs to fit into that role in my opinion or there's little to no point to it, it's very light hearted. Warehouse 13 could be so much better than it is but it doesn't run with any interesting storylines.

Watched the first episode of Continuum yesterday. It seems quite promising. You have to forgive quite a lot of what happens in it but it's got interesting threads there which can be drawn together well. It doesn't hurt that the cast includes Bra'tac from Stargate SG-1 (Tony Amendola) and The Smoking Man from The X-Files (William B. Davis).

I still think the best new show of late is Person of Interest. For the love of god though I cannot figure how in the hell it has ended up being picked up by Channel 5 :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
caLLous said:
Blimey, Burn Notice S06E06...
* SPOILER *

yeah it was a nice twist. I am a bit bored of a new big bad guy showing up and being in charge of the burn notice. If it goes any further it will end up being Sam that burned him. They really should of wrapped this up and started a new one by now.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
MYstIC G said:
Eureka needs to fit into that role in my opinion or there's little to no point to it, it's very light hearted.

Eureka has finished for good now so...there is little point to it now!!

:)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I was a bit sad to see Eureka go but tbh I think it had run its course. Although I enjoy both I agree it was slightly better than Warehouse 13.

S4 of Warehouse 13 is super-cheap though there's some great touches in the script here and there. I don't think Allison Scagliotti is good enough to handle the way her role is shifting. Admittedly in ep 2 she looks super hot :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, atleast it ain't mattel daleks.

Looks rather...brown.

On eureka;

"Although we do no have a commitment beyond six episodes for the sixth season, we are hopefully that this will not be the end of the franchise," Syfy programming president Mark Stern told Entertainment Weekly last week." (from last year though)

Spin-off more then likely. I've got one idea in my head where it could go, regarding last episode;

DARPA

soze

I am a FH squatter
From what one of the cast said on Twitter they might make a few one of films about life after Eureka for a few of the people. Someone else mentioned a show focusing on Zoe outside of Eureka. But SyFy always make a lot of noise about not completely killing a series and nothing ever happens so I will not hold my breath.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter

CBS Exec: "So they've got this great show on British TV called 'Sherlock' that's getting a lot of attention right now. Lets make our own, but change everything that makes that one good and get this.....WATSON IS A WOMAN"

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm this show is doing well with a male led cast, I know... TITS.

Also, Lucy Liu has never been hot, makeup and lighting are wonderful things.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Oh my god.

"this is definitely a gender change from what has traditionally been a male John Watson"

if you will not pardon the pun for a second: NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK

Anger.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
As for all those new show previews, they are almost all those "high concept" idea shows US networks like to pick-up but end up cancelling early or after 1 season once they run out of story ideas after the pilot episode. No one remember Flash Forward, Alcatraz, Terra Nova and so on?
Terra Nova and FlashForward were interesting shows IMO, but Threshold was the show I thought should have got a full run.
Looking forward to the final series of Fringe later this year. :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Awake is the one that should have been run with. Great premise. Loads of potential. Typically canned after one season :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No idea if it's been posted, but currently enjoying Lost Girl a lot. Kind of a mix with...hell...it got monsters and lesbian action in it :X3:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
MYstIC G said:
Awake is the one that should have been run with. Great premise. Loads of potential. Typically canned after one season :(

I agree! At least they finished it with a proper ending!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Started watching Breaking Bad due to this thread, on S1E4 - Looks like I'll be chain watching this till I'm caught up. Guessing it gets better each series?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
No idea if it's been posted, but currently enjoying Lost Girl a lot. Kind of a mix with...hell...it got monsters and lesbian action in it :X3:

I like that series. Thought the last couple of episodes weren't all that great though, really badly written :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Suits is freaking awesome though, it's definitely one of the best things on right now - not as serious as breaking bad, but definitely just as awesome.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Awake was really good.

Quite enjoying Person of Interest at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom