TV New Season!

Chilly

Balls of steel
+1 for parks & rec - was watching in bed the other night and woke my housemate up cos I was laughing out loud on my own so hard :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Also give 30 Rock a go, it's a bit "old-school american sitcom"-ey but it has some great moments. Kenneth is the funniest hillbilly ever and Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey are great in it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also give 30 Rock a go, it's a bit "old-school american sitcom"-ey but it has some great moments. Kenneth is the funniest hillbilly ever and Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey are great in it.
Can't watch that, Comedy Central adverts ruin every episode by giving away all the best jokes and they're on all the freaking time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
30 Rock also has the funniest comedy doctor - "Dr." Leo Spaceman (spach-ee-man).

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Alison Brie in "A fist full of paintballs" episode of Community.

DEAR GOD

Community_Season_2_Episode_23_A_Fist_Full_Of_Paintballs_2-314-590-700-80.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyone seen much of Longmire or Continuum? They are rating pretty well on IMDB, need something to watch!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Longmire is old detective out west smarter than all those dumb youngsters solvin cases type, struggling with alcohol and life type things.

Continuum is kinda decent sci-fi hasn't really developed one way or the other yet ( I mean I havn't decided if its good or not yet ) but episodes are not slow and has potential.

Last edited:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
m8 tonight recommended watching Walking Dead. Not sure I fancy sitting though 2 seasons of ppl dodging zombies. Seen one zombie movie seen them all?? Tell me the series has legs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's good but it can drag sometimes. Season 2 more so but for a reason (It builds up to quite a moving moment)

Give it a try.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Season 1 was excellent but I really haven't been arsed with season 2 after reading some dodgy reviews of its first couple of eps. I will get round to it.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Latest series of Burn Notice is fairly crackling along. Ep 1 was ok and I had figured that it was getting a bit limp but oh well, its Burn Notice and at least there are wisecracks and general amusement.

Ep 2 was absolutely stonking. Ep 3 was good as well. Got a feeling it will be an uneven series but at least its fun :)

Also been watching Cowboy Bebop. Always meant to get around to that one but only now doing so. Awesome series.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
OK, have bowed to peer pressure. D/Ling ep 1 of Walking Dead.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Walking Dead is good but you can tell they had the budget raped in s2.

Chilly

Balls of steel
the problem with walking dead is that the decisions they make are terrible. For it to be credible/enjoyable they have to make decent decisions and yet somehow still end up in the shit.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Sorry to have to tell you, but I've lost the will to watch any more Justified. It just seems a bit, well, naff? empty? boring? flat? lifeless? Like those shows the BBC used to air from 5-6pm on BBC2 - very safe, very predictable, no bad language, the odd punch here & there, the odd gun-shot...sort of along the lines of Rockford Files, Magnum PI, Murder She Wrote, MacGuyver. At least the A-Team had fun characters. With Justified, the main character is so straight down the line, and wooden. There's no edge to it, so thanks for the first few episodes, but I cannae take any more, Captain.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Just watched a new show called Perception it reminded me of Cold Case and Lie to Me it will be very easy to forget.

Covert Affairs and White Collar both return tonight :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've watched the first few of The Newsroom and I'm enjoying that so far...

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Sorry to have to tell you, but I've lost the will to watch any more Justified. It just seems a bit, well, naff? empty? boring? flat? lifeless? Like those shows the BBC used to air from 5-6pm on BBC2 - very safe, very predictable, no bad language, the odd punch here & there, the odd gun-shot...sort of along the lines of Rockford Files, Magnum PI, Murder She Wrote, MacGuyver. At least the A-Team had fun characters. With Justified, the main character is so straight down the line, and wooden. There's no edge to it, so thanks for the first few episodes, but I cannae take any more, Captain.
Please please please do not Judge justified on episodes 2-5/6ish of season 1! The pilot of Justified was based on an Elmore Leonard short story. After they used up all the material from the story the writers were pretty shit for about 3 or 4 shows before they found their voice. Those first few episodes are exactly as you describe....procedural, like those shows. But after those first few the characters and the place become so much more pronounced and filled in. Raylan is boring for the same reason that Batman is boring.....because the guys and gals opposite him are so much more interesting. Walter Goggins as Boyd and Margo Martindale as Mags make this show honestly one of my favourites ever. Watch past those first few!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I've watched the first few of The Newsroom and I'm enjoying that so far...
I'm watching the 3rd episode now. I can honestly understand a lot of the criticism. It's preachy and the worst kind of Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

But it's also fucking right.

I don't care I like it so far!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watched the first episode of Alphas. Won't be watching anymore.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How does it compare to Drop the Dead donkey, or is it a different animal altogether?
Totally different beast - this is about a news anchor throwing out the ratings book and just trying to make 'good news' with all the players behind the scenes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom