TV New Season!

soze

I am a FH squatter
I don't disagree, but it will be interesting to see how they do the ending when everybody knows they haven't got a season 9 to sort it all out again. It seems like most of the team are going, with Taub requesting a transfer this week. I'm sure I read somewhere that Cuddy was making an appearance in the finale.

I thought the whole toilet-blocking thing was mighty stupid tbh. The fact that so much damage was done by a couple of bits of A4 is pretty laughable, and the fact that his prints were on them is sort of obvious (as his name was on them also) but anybody could've taken them or whatever. There would be *many* ways of fighting it but obviously they're not going to weigh down the finale with that (they had better not, anyway) appeals process. It felt like a very contrived way of bringing about this "back to jail while Wilson dies" situation, I'm sure they could've thought of a better way of him breaking his parole than some massively over-the-top (and out of character, even for House) prank.

House back in jail will be a cop-out, it needs to be bigger than that.
Cuddy will not be back but I think Cameron will. House could only live happily ever after if he lost his leg thus the pain. But House is not shiny happy. I bet on a House suicide after Wilson dies, or a House suicide to save Wilson. Either way House needs to die to end things properly anything else will be a cop out like you said.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Better late then never: just watching The Wire, SE1E1. First time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Revenge has some terrible writing and some even worse acting but I just cannot stop watching it. It's awesome.
Uh-oh Nolan!

And another thing, how fucking old is Jack's dog supposed to be? Assuming that "flashback Jack" is 10 or 11 and Sammy is a pup, Jack must be late 20's or early 30's now. Golden Retrievers generally live 12 years tops but they can go for a bit longer. Sammy must be at least 18, no wonder he's popped his clogs.

soze

I am a FH squatter
House finale.
Meh.
The ghosts were like an earlier episode, House being drugged up and talking to himself was boring and this time we did not even have Cuddy Stripping. The ending was bullshit too him deciding that after all this time he can just change what a crock of shit. The writers should have kept it dark. Seeing some of he others come back was good, Cameron being back was he one good part.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What are we supposed to watch whilst waiting for new seasons of Spartacus & GoT?

Futurama starts June 20. I've still got Boardwalk Empire to watch. I should probably D/L Homeland?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
When does boardwalk return? Isn't breaking bad back next month? What about dexter?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The ghosts were like an earlier episode, House being drugged up and talking to himself was boring and this time we did not even have Cuddy Stripping. The ending was bullshit too him deciding that after all this time he can just change what a crock of shit. The writers should have kept it dark. Seeing some of he others come back was good, Cameron being back was he one good part.
Yup, when we learned Wilson had cancer I was thinking it was gonna be a very dark end and it should've been ffs. It's a pity they chickened out, they could've really gone out with a bang.

And did he kill that other guy? There was no explanation given as to how that guy went from being a patient to a corpse (unless I missed it, I haven't been bothered to go back and check tbh).

All in all though, House was (and still is) a fantastic show that petered out slightly towards the end (and then went out with a total whimper in the finale). I've *never* invested so much time in a procedural medical drama and I probably won't again. The earlier seasons are very watch-again-able.

megadave,

Breaking Bad S5 premiers on July 15th. The last 16 eps have been split into two 8-ep seasons and we dont get S6 until Summer next year. :(

Dexter usually runs from September through to December, S7 is down to premier on September 30th. Boardwalk Empire goes with similar dates and will be out later this year (September again, probably).

soze

I am a FH squatter
Franklin and Bash is back on the 6th
True Blood is back on the 10th
Suits is back on the 14th
Leverage is back on the 15th July
Warehouse 13 is back on the 23rd July
Dexter and Homeland are both 30th September

And I love how easy SickBeard makes this :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yup, when we learned Wilson had cancer I was thinking it was gonna be a very dark end and it should've been ffs. It's a pity they chickened out, they could've really gone out with a bang.

And did he kill that other guy? There was no explanation given as to how that guy went from being a patient to a corpse (unless I missed it, I haven't been bothered to go back and check tbh).

All in all though, House was (and still is) a fantastic show that petered out slightly towards the end (and then went out with a total whimper in the finale). I've *never* invested so much time in a procedural medical drama and I probably won't again. The earlier seasons are very watch-again-able.
The other guy just Over Dosed I think. Like you I cba to go back and make sure. But you are right S1-S3 were great TV and I will watch them again one day.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Revenge, on the other hand; now that's how you do a (season) finale. :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Revenge is a guilty pleasure and I just watched the last 5 episodes, they were great. I might be my favourite new show this season.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well, just finished watching episode 1 SE1 of Boardwalk Empire. Enjoyed it. Kind of Untouchables meets Sopranos. Steve Buscemi is a funny looking fella but I do like him.

Memo to self: watch Fargo again (he was ace in that) :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Forgive me but from reading IMDB isn't that just TimeCop by a different name?

The story is basically that in the future corporations bale out government and take over. Resistance groups fight back and a small group of them and 1 cop end up in 2012. I can see the parrallels but its not bad, certainly worth a look if your into Sci Fi.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The story is basically that in the future corporations bale out government and take over. Resistance groups fight back and a small group of them and 1 cop end up in 2012. I can see the parrallels but its not bad, certainly worth a look if your into Sci Fi.
Well now I see it has Bra'tac of Chulak in it I am much more interested.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Most of the shows the missus and I have been watching are at the end of their seasons.. Anything we could watch that isn't sci-fi or medieval? House, HIMYM, Big Bang, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Gossip Girl etc. have all been seen

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Most of the shows the missus and I have been watching are at the end of their seasons.. Anything we could watch that isn't sci-fi or medieval? House, HIMYM, Big Bang, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Gossip Girl etc. have all been seen
From that lot...desperate housewives? 90210? Dawsons Creek?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
White Collar, The Glades, Franklin & Bash, Suits??

soze

I am a FH squatter
Revenge and 2 Broke Girls from the new shows. If you like procedural dramas then NCIS is probably the best show about and there are plenty of seasons to catch up on. Also S2 of Suits is coming soon.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
If she is anything like my missus she will be obsessed with revenge.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

If you're after a procedural for the missus I'd recommend The Good Wife, for the genre I think it's exceptionally well written and acted and easily the best of its type currently airing. Also I'll join in the rest of the macho men on this board and suggest the girly melodrama Revenge which seems ridiculously popular with everyone. :D

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Justified is just the best.

Almost finished season two....got 2 episodes left and its just brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom