TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Missing could be very, very good.
The story is about a worried mother who takes it upon herself to travel to Europe and track down her son, who disappears while on a summer internship in Italy. She is a retired CIA agent and uses every means necessary to get her son back.
Bit like Taken but probably less bloody and awesome and with a mother\son instead of a father\daughter.

Anyway, the pilot aired last night.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is it? I thought it lost it's way years ago and I haven't ever gone back to it. I just saw it as another one of those CSI-y type rip-offs. The last one I remember watching was when they were quarantined inside the lab, I think it was a Christmas ep.

soze

I am a FH squatter
caLLous said:
Is it? I thought it lost it's way years ago and I haven't ever gone back to it. I just saw it as another one of those CSI-y type rip-offs. The last one I remember watching was when they were quarantined inside the lab, I think it was a Christmas ep.

I never watched any CSI shows only Bones and NCIS. But I have always liked the show and I don't think it really lost its way I can't really remember when you mean honestly.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ok, I'm all caught up with Community now. It certainly had a couple of odd episodes but as a whole I can see why people rave about it, I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

One of the reasons Troy is my favourite character (the model UN ep):

:clap:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Been watching an MTV show called "I just want my pants back", not bad at all. Some very funny scenes in it. Love the Indian shop owner character.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So I've started watching Shameless US. Its watchable, certainly, but not a patch on the UK one. I'm not totally convinced it translates all that well over the Pond. William H Macy is a decent enough actor, but his version of Frank is like the Disney version of David Threlfall's. Macy's character doesn't have the slurred speech for starters and is altogether too clean-looking. Threlfall's Frank is a proper alcoholic; Macy's character lacks the whole pisshead thing and just comes across as a bum. The whole "pint and a couple of E's please, Karen" is a glaring omission for all die-hard Frank fans.

shameless_us_uk.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It is doing pretty well in the states and they consider it full-on, odd when it feels like sugar free Shameless to us.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
New eastbound and down episode is almost up to first series standard... At last!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
First 2 eps of series 2 of Game of Thrones were ace. Looking forward to more.

Something that made me chuckle is that there is no "Previously on..." intro at the start. Basically, pay attention or fuck off :D

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Last thing I read was a July date for the 20 episode new season of Warehouse 13.
There was also talk of a HG Wells spin-off, but no new news since january... :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yeah I hate that "Previously on..." nonsense. Might as well end each episode with "....was brought to you buy the letters Z and P"... It comes to something when they actually have to show whats happening in the plot in Shameless with a big computer FX arrow and some writing explaining this is the superman cape....talk about dumbed down. And they say Americans are intellectually and culturally advanced...

...compared to a brazil nut maybe....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's one thing that drove me up the wall about Burn Notice. It wasn't just a "previously on..."; they wasted the best part of a minute at the start of every episode explaining why the show existed, basically. And then I think they did a "previously on..." on top of that. :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
just watched a couple of eps of New Girl. Worth keep doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom