TV New Season!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Touch has a lot of promise as does Awake. Will be interesting to see how they go.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Awake is a bit too much of a headfuck but it's definitely interesting and worth watching.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Season 3 of Parenthood just finished, best season yet methinks.
The whole "Julia and Joel having a new 10 (or whatever) year old boy and not a baby" was a bit of a surprise but it should make for some interesting storylines next season (assuming the show gets renewed and I see no reason why it shouldn't); that family has always been a bit detached and stagnant (plot-wise) imo, maybe a new older brother for Sydney will work well.

I also find Adam's decision slightly unbelievable, especially because minutes earlier he was promising his daughter that Cornell wouldn't be a problem...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Terra Nova cancelled, bit of a surprise tbh given who was involved with it. But it was a bit shit. :)

They will try to sell it to another network so it *might* live on.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not surprised by Terra Nova. It was very bad indeed. Crap acting, crap writing, crap sfx.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bob's Burgers back next week, Mad Men in a few weeks. The latter seems to have been away for AGES.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Mad Men missed a season as one of them had a baby i think??

I have been watching The River it has first season cancellation written all over it. Some of the ideas are good but some of the acting is horrible and they seem to be changing paths to quickly.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Mad Men missed a season as one of them had a baby i think??
Turns out it was a contract dispute with Matthew Weiner, the creator. His contract expired at the end of season 4, AMC wanted to put more commercial time in each ep (thus shortening it) and axe 2 characters and he wouldn't sign until they backed down. It meant they were running late and missed the peak season so they decided to put it back a year. Good for him, though. It's just right the way it is imo.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Turns out it was a contract dispute with Matthew Weiner, the creator. His contract expired at the end of season 4, AMC wanted to put more commercial time in each ep (thus shortening it) and axe 2 characters and he wouldn't sign until they backed down. It meant they were running late and missed the peak season so they decided to put it back a year. Good for him, though. It's just right the way it is imo.
Ohh yes I remember that now the Show Runner of SOA was all over him as doing this shafted "Walking Deads" budget and a few others on that network.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
From what I've heard though the SOA showrunner is abit of an abrasive cunt at the best of times.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah he had his twitter taken away from him for not filtering his thoughts I think. His point stands though with less money to go around the big established show does not take its share of the hit but rather shafts the new show which was actually getting better numbers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah all of this completely passed me by last year. One thing is for certain though, if they fuck around with Breaking Bad I am going to knock some heads together. :eek:
Over the last two weeks, AMC has pushed to make cuts on two of its other big shows -- "The Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad" -- moves that came as a surprise to the creative forces behind those popular series.

Sony Television, the studio behind "Breaking Bad," was so irked at the terms AMC offered for a fifth season of the show, which included making only six or eight episodes instead of the usual 13, that last week it approached other cable networks, including FX, about buying the program. Cooler heads have since prevailed and AMC and Sony are trying to hammer out a new deal.
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" indeed.

soze

I am a FH squatter
S5 of Breaking bad will be the last. I don't know if greedy bollocks has anything to do with that or if it was planned but it has a 16ep final season coming up.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It was announced some time ago that it would be 5 seasons IIRC, seems planned to keep the quality up and have a legitimate storyline that isn't tenuously dragged out for no reason (Hello Prison Break!)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I know it's going to be 5 seasons but they better not skimp on any of the last eps, whether it's 1 long run or 2 shorter seasons. Breaking Bad > Mad Men but I guess the latter is the show with wider appeal and bigger returns.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Alcatraz seems ok, watched ep1 last night.

Quit now, it's likely to be cancelled soon due to bad ratings and with good reason. The modern day stuff is an inferior procedural and the flash backs aren't interesting enough to hook the viewers. It's like they had an idea for the pilot but no idea how to make that a watchable series.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup I must admit I've totally lost interest. I've gone back to playing catch-up with 30 Rock and Community, there really isn't much decent TV on at the moment.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yup I must admit I've totally lost interest. I've gone back to playing catch-up with 30 Rock and Community, there really isn't much decent TV on at the moment.
Really? I'm still loving Person of Interest.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Watching s1 of community and i dont get the fuss... Seems safe and unoriginal. Parks & Recreation is where its at.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Parks and Rec is fantastic; Ron Swanson is one of my favourite characters in any show ever.

As for Community, it's supposed to get better and then it's sort of inexplicably been half-cancelled halfway through s3. I like it, it is a bit safe but Troy and Abed (Abed in particular) are really good I think. Chevy Chase is also pretty bloody funny in it.

And Meg yeah there's a few shows that are doing ok; Person of Interest, Californication, House of Lies and Modern Family spring to mind. Most of the animated shows are failing hard (Bob's Burgers season 2 opener was decent though).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Luck completely cancelled because another horse died. :(

Wounder, it was a great show. At least we get the rest of S1 but they were part-way through filming S2. It wasn't even during a scene, the horse was being led back to the stable and it reared up and fell backwards and hit it's head and was put down. But ofc animals dying isn't worth it for a TV show (or for the entertainment of crowds when the ground is too hard but that's another discussion).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom