TV New Season!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I was a bit dissapointed with Boardwalk Empire, a slow start to the season.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
I was a bit dissapointed with Boardwalk Empire, a slow start to the season.
i quite like it, many shows start off waaay too fast and it kinda blows the other eps away. This one opened alot of doors

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Watched 4 pilots tonight:

A Person of Interest.
Mr. Finch (Michael Emerson), a mysterious billionaire, has developed a computer program that predicts the identity of people connected to violent crimes that will take place in the future. However, the program has its limitations; for example, it cannot predict whether the person will be a victim, perpetrator, or witness, nor can it predict when or where the crime will take place. Unable to stop the crimes on his own, Finch hires John Reese (Jim Caviezel), a former CIA field officer who is presumed dead, to help stop the crimes from taking place.
Could be great, interesting idea but I don't know how it's not going to get a repetitive.

A Gifted Man.
Michael Holt (Patrick Wilson) is a talented but self-absorbed surgeon at an upscale New York City clinic. He lives a comfortable and materialistic life due to the wealthy clients he treats, but is nevertheless discontent with his life and acts coldly to those around him. This life is thrown into disarray, however, when he is visited by the ghost of his ex-wife Anna (Jennifer Ehle), who was recently killed in a car accident. Anna asks Michael to help keep running the free clinic she previously directed, which leads Michael to be exposed to poorer patients in need who are far different from his usual clientele. Michael's sister Christina (Julie Benz), a single mother struggling to care for her troubled teenage son Milo (Liam Aiken), believes in the supernatural and is thrilled with the idea that Anna is back in Michael's life, as she insists he was a better person when she was around
Good cast, good idea.

Unforgettable.
The series follows a former Syracuse, New York police detective named Carrie Wells, who has hyperthymesia, a rare medical condition that gives her the ability to remember everything. She is reluctantly asked by her former boyfriend and one-time partner to join his homicide unit after he asks for help with solving a case. The move allows her to do the one thing she has been trying to remember, that of finding out how her sister was murdered.
I liked this, kinda a new twist on the classic police procedural. She can access her memory to see how things were. For instance,
she can recollect a picture hanging on a wall of a murder victim because she visited the appartment previously. The picture wasn't there anymore and there is just a blank space in the police photographs. She also relives the evening when she found the victim and notices a shadow that wasn't there before. It's good shit.
I don't know how long it can go before it gets dull though. I mean, surely she is only going to be of any use if she has been at the crime scene previously. It's based on a short story, so there was never a mass of material to make the show from.

Revenge.
Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp), whose real name is Amanda Clarke, moves back to the Hamptons to take revenge on the people who caused the death of her father David (James Tupper) and destroyed her family. When she was a little girl, Amanda's father was arrested and her life was destroyed. She ended up in juvenile detention center and inherited the wealth of her father on her 18th birthday. She changed her name to Emily Thorne and decided to take revenge on the people responsible.
Started slooooowly but got good at the end, looking forward to more of this.

Anyway, I'm all pilot-ed out. They do that thing in pilots where, in a semi patronising way, they fill in background to introduce characters (and get you up to speed with the relationships and the "big picture") with lines that just plain wouldn't have been delivered in any other episode once the series is established. It's obviously necessary, just a bit tiresome.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I completely agree about Revenge. It has started out very solidly, maybe the strongest out of all the new series I've watched after two episodes. It's nice to see someone having no angst playing it dirty for her revenge. However it's seems like a chick show so I'll probably drop it anyway :)

None of the other new series this season have interested me in the least. The only good shows have been the returning series.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Person of interest seems like it's got a solid basis from that. Will have to give it a view. Not sure any of the others grab me to be honest.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
... it's seems like a chick show so I'll probably drop it anyway :)
Haha, it does! I'm just glad it's not about vampires, which was my first thought when I saw the title and the setting and costumes etc for that party at the beginning.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Of the new shows I am going to stick with The Playboy Club, The New Girl, Two Broke Girls, Hart of Dixie and Terra Nova.

I have had SickBeard grab the first few episodes of all the s01e01 stuff. But now I am going back to work I need to ditch a load.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Terra nova, while having some interesting bits, was a bit too familyvalue-human relations bull for me. Will give it a few more episodes though.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
You all missed the reboot of Charlies Angels? :D

Watched it out of curiosity.... and it is pretty bad as expected!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nah, I saw the cast and ignored it.

Did anyone give Ringer a go?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Both pretty bland. Charlies angels, Pc correctness gone mad excluded, is your typical nikita/hawaii five-o series that can be good, but is nothing special at first. Can grow on you, but lacking seriously in boobage.

Ringer, meh, like someone tried to make sex in the city into an action drama series :p

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Only interest is because it's got SMG in it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Quite, only reason i'm willing to give it two-three episode wait until dropping. Pilots are pilots afterall ;)

The first episode just seemed a bit boring, but it's worth a curious peek.

Needs more SMG undies though.

Also bear(raawr) in mind that i'm not much into long story acrs and character growths that span a lifetime. More of a SG-1 type :p

Zarjazz

It's a shame she returned to TV in this, it's so badly written & directed (so far). Which might explain why she's not even that good in it.

Of the new shows I am going to stick with The Playboy Club, The New Girl, Two Broke Girls, Hart of Dixie and Terra Nova.

The Playboy Club is flawed but a lot better than I expected and ofc the lead blonde actress is simply stunning! However it's rating are so bad after two episodes it'll be lucky not to be cancelled after it's third.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Watched the first 30 minutes of Terra Nova and had to stop purely due to the character of the son, what a whiny ponced up self involved little fucker. Never has a single character irritated me so much.

If I were only allowed two children I'd quite happily throw that idiot to the dinos or left him behind to die in the future, let's see how much his life sucks then, eh.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Watched the first 30 minutes of Terra Nova and had to stop purely due to the character of the son, what a whiny ponced up self involved little fucker. Never has a single character irritated me so much.

If I were only allowed two children I'd quite happily throw that idiot to the dinos or left him behind to die in the future, let's see how much his life sucks then, eh.

My thoughts exactly. What a tool. I'm going to give this a couple of episodes, but I do wonder why all these shows have to have irritating teenaged twats in them (its not like that demographic even watches TV anymore).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Going to give How to Be a Gentleman a go as well.
Rickety Cricket! :clap:

Consulting Producers; Rob McElhenney, Glenn Howerton and Charlie Day! :clap:

Um.... Chloe from 24...

It's not very good but I can certainly see it getting funnier.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Definitely enjoying Person of Interest, bit more explanation of the machine's inception in E02, and Reese is a bit of a badass tbh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Little sidenote to my post in the Dexter thread...
On May 23, 2011 Showtime cancelled United States Of Tara.
Awwww. :( I really enjoyed that show, it was quirky and original.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Definitely enjoying Person of Interest, bit more explanation of the machine's inception in E02, and Reese is a bit of a badass tbh.
First episode was a bit weak but I think the premise is strong enough to carry it so it'll stay in my weekly viewing.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not enjoying sons of anarchy as much as I hoped after the brilliant 1st episode of season 4, it feels as though something is missing. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
they do every ep as a mission of a game. objective, bump on the road and solution with a problem to fix for next episode.

Zarjazz

Homeland started last night. I think we have a clear winner for best new show this season.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Homeland started last night. I think we have a clear winner for best new show this season.
Glad you said that, I've been looking forward to this.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
A new season of Arrested Development + a feature film announced yesterday :D

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
"Don't be shit, don't be shit, for the love of all that is holy please don't be shit"

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It has the excellent Damian Lewis in it. Will download it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom