TV New Season!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rubbish. Stopped watching it because comics are now all on-message. There's no diversity of opinions amongst comics because they're terrified of causing offence and being vilified for doing so.

There's diversity in the writing rooms of the BBC though. Especially now that the Beeb has mandated sex / race quotas in writing teams. And that has produced exactly what it was always going to produce.

Pretty much all british TV comedy now is less funny than Michael McIntyre. And I'd rather cut my own head off than go see one of his shows.

If you want to see risky comedy you have to seek out the less-commercial live venues tbfh. Or suffer open-mic comedy nights to find a gem.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So what you're saying is you don't watch comedy anymore, but you know exactly what the content is.

OK.

Bit of a Jobism but OK.

I think using the BBC as an example is a bad idea, they've always historically been behind the curve.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Watched it on TV less and less over a period of years because it all became stale and stolid. Couple of years ago I stopped completely because of exactly what I said. Calling bullshit on your assertion that they've miraculously turned it all around in this straughtjacket social climate.

Still watch it live and in person.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I don't know about any of you - but I stopped watching TV about 17 years ago.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't know about any of you - but I stopped watching TV about 17 years ago.
Actual TV as consumed as TV quite some time ago indeed.

Jarring when I go round to people's houses and they have the TV on, with adverts. :eek7:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Adverts are the worst, tried watching a movie on normal tv and got pissed off, watched it on network recording later and just skipped the ads

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Far from goosebumps.

Will still watch ofc. Last one was better than I thought it would be. But yeah, stranger things 4.

I think there's so much content nowadays that it's hard to get worked up about even the good things :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Any one watched dark on netflix ?

German but dubbed. Weird twisty time travelly incesty type series. Takes a bit to get into it. But enjoying it :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I really hate things that are dubbed. Especially badly dubbed programs.

Yes you can switch it to German with English subtitles.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I really hate things that are dubbed. Especially badly dubbed programs.

Yes you can switch it to German with English subtitles.
Usually yes. But this one hasnt bothered me. Also i end up concentrating on the text and missing the video

Gwadien

Amazon really are starting to piss on Netflix's parade.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Amazon really are starting to piss on Netflix's parade.
Nah netflix have much more quality content originals than amazon. Amazon have 2 or 3 things i look out for at any time netflix a lot more.

Gwadien

Nah netflix have much more quality content originals than amazon. Amazon have 2 or 3 things i look out for at any time netflix a lot more.
Starting...

$1billion lord of the rings series inc too.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Starting...

$1billion lord of the rings series inc too.

I'm more interested in the Wheel of Time series they are making because I grew up with those books. I'm also more terrified because it's going to be terrible.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
His Dark Materials in less than a month HIZZAH

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair, Picard is the only thing keeping me paying for Prime at the moment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom