new clan servers 0wn!

V

vuz

A&I got their server and our pings were lower than Q's IQ, but we're wondering what other clans have gone and got a barryserver.

Ours: '23 0 213.221.174.46 27018 BarryServer - [A&I] de_dust2 cstrike 2 of 18'

We went for 18 player and public options :) (bigspendas)

wot did other people get? :eek:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.DeerHunter

We got us an 18 man server but not pub. So basically we = 0wn

O

old.[IM]insomnia

hmm the BWTFCL servers aint to hot, very laggy will they be gettin improved soon ?

A

Afx

Aye DH..dont want any riff raff on ;)

29 0 213.221.174.46 27016 BarryServer - =BC= dustbowl tfc 0 of 18

It does indeed own.

O

old.DeerHunter

27 0 213.221.174.46 27016 BarryServer - =BC= cz2 tfc 0 of 18

ahahahaha Afx 0wnz0red0red

O

old.Demoz

27 0 213.221.174.46 27016 BarryServer - =BC= mulch_dm tfc 3 of 18

with 3 peeps in too!

O

old.DeerHunter

6 0 213.221.174.46 27016 BarryServer - =BC= 2fort tfc 23 of 18

omfg i r win!

A

Afx

Hmm wonder if u can shed some light here....I notice that sv_proxies is set to 0 by default(i assume this is the setting that determines whether u can run hltv or not)
Is it a condition of the server rental that were not allowed to run hltv on it? I mean if so this seems a bit off as its one of the few decent things to be implmented into hl in a while...I agree with voice comms bein disabled as ive noticed the lag they seem to bring about But afaik hltv just takes a spec spot and is no different to having a spectator on in terms of bandwidth?

V

vuz

Afx: ask Deathace

IM guy: what country/isp you use?

Everyone in =BC=: your server sux0r compared to A&Is with public l337ness

O

old.DeerHunter

omfg our server pwnz ur server let's have a server war!

A

Afx

"Ours: '23 0 213.221.174.46 27018 BarryServer - [A&I] de_dust2 cstrike 2 of 18' "

ewwwwwww yours was runnin counterstrike...WE WIN ;p

O

old.[IM]insomnia

vuz: am on 56k telewest and am from North West,

on the old servers i cud play with not ne lag at all, and used to ping 130, now am pingin a high 190+

V

vuz

cs 0wnz u, we win :p

IM guy: basically this is BY being complete and utter fucking cocks, they are refusing to change some of their routing shite to make your pings vaguely OK. I forget the exact wording but the message BW got was basically 'we can't be arsed',

HOWEVER:
1] Complain to BY or Telewest or whatever and slag them off for being complete knobjockeys
2] Try using another ISP when using BW servers? I know it might cost 50p a game, but its worth a try, also BarryDial should be back soon :D

A

Afx

Ive noticed this on my Blueyonder cable modem,Its like 13 hops to bw now whereas at lev3 it was 10,On cable luckily this doesnt have a huge impact..Ill still complain though ;E

O

old.k70

Serious problems from germany too :/

barrysworld.gif

ping 160+ and severe loss with adsl...

D

Deathace

Hi all,
Glad to see for those that bought them your having fun :)

I will address the issue on HLTV first.
by default this setting is disabled, you are allowed to run HLTV yourself and connect it to the server but for the moment come the 6am refresh of all ports the config will revert back to the normal one (with it disabled). Voice comms at present until they fix certain issues with HL/CS will not be allowed to be run.
We will keep you posted on any solutions via announcements or a mail to the owners of the BarryServers.

Basically you are allowed to change mod settings on your servers as long as it does not interfere with the running of that server or cause problems for others on the same machine. It will of course for the moment revert back the next morning.

Those people that have not opted to buy debranding or public servers are restricted from changing those 2 options for the server. Its not worth risking losing your server by trying to circumvent the terms and conditions laid down.

We will be implementing custom configs / map cycle changes and map uploads over the next week or so to make it easier for you to keep those changes permanently whilst the booking runs.

Regarding ping / packet loss issues we are still working on some things but obviously it is still dependant on your ISP and their network aswell. there is only so much we can do from our end and the only way to remedy it is to complain to your ISP.

hope this helps clarify things

V

vuz

mm, thanks for clearing that up Deathace: any chance u cud pop over to the BC/RW post? :)

O

old.[748]G-Man

just played on A&I clan server last night :( severe lockage upage by all about 2 or 3 times for 5secs at a time :p,
Still PL and Choke are good.
I'ld rather a stabler jolt though with full options, full control - even down to the OS (Linux) its running on :) for us server admin d00ds.
sort out the freezes A&I and should be spank :) dunno what they were perhaps somebody uploading to your server IP :( !!
still i get a 50ping to jolt from ireland 64k isdn and was getting 70/80 to bw :( !!
I wub our joltine joltine JOltine JOLTINE !!

G-Man

V

vuz

have to say yesterday was crap with spikes... although pings/ploss/choke was fine for all the time other than these 3-5 5 second server lockage

/me wonders why it happened...

A

Afx

Cheers for the info deathace..I figured the hltv bein disabled was just a config thing but wanted to be sure before enabling it :O
Hope these 3/4 second lock ups are sorted soon as well(as you can imagine it puts us and others off from using our server for important clan games....) cos its only thing stopping a good server from bein an amazin one :p

M

Moön

Some of our swedish players yesterday couldn't get a response from the bw BC server is this expected ?

Also on ntl cable modem I used to ping around 20 now its more toward 50 .

And are the bwtfcl server's in the same location and using equal connection as the clan server's as this could cause some serious problems for swedish player's in bwtfcl ?

A

Afx

I noticed an italian player for a clan who borrowed our server last night had problems getting a ping response from the server too...

O

old.nirvana

yes!

I'm that italian player :/
Yesterday i played an uktfcl match on the barry BC server. My ping was very good (50) but at half of the match i started to lag like hell..very long timeouts with 50% packet loss and i couldnt move at all. I have had to leave the server and as Afx said i couldnt get a ping response from the server (9999 no response...but the others bw servers were k). After 10 minutes it's came back normal.
My m8 Hott (he is german) had the same problem with a 10mbit connection.

P.S. i have isdn 64k.

V

vuz

routing problems i presume, I'll try and get this topic brought to Deathace's attention again

A

Afx

Crazycrane mentioned onother thread that when they played yesterday they didnt have any probs whereas when i was on our server at about the same time i had quite a few of the 3/4 second lagouts....The fact the a&i and =BC= server are on the same box is maybe related,Particularly as nirvana and hott(+ some members of a swedish clan we played the other night) couldnt ping our machine but had no prob with any other bwtfcl server.....

O

old.t!mo

Always nice to hear from the blokes who actually run the servers.

20 1 195.149.21.29 27055 jolt.co.uk - TPC rock2 tfc 18 of 18

muhahhahah and it's full :D

V

vuz

i played on a BW server, it spiked occasionally, i played the next night on a Jolt server, it was hell.

M

Moön

BW server's used to own but I'm sorry vuz the table's look to have turned and the jolt server's (when their up) are performing better for alot of people, ak couldnt use the bwtfcl server along with half our team the other night .

They used to want to use bw server's because the pings were the best in the uk for them, best for me to infact .

V

vuz

i never said they were best for everyone, just a point that I had a lot of ploss and choke on Jolt servers :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom