Lotus Notes to Outlook ?

B

bids

A mate is doing some migration work for a small business, and they are migrating from an old version of Notes (4.x) to Exchange/Outlook. One of the chaps wants his personal Notes file migrated over to Outlook. Knowing feck all about this, is this possible ? Can Outlook natively read Notes files (*.dbf ?) ? Is there a conversion tool ? Anyone ever done this ?

Any help appreciated.

T

tris-

which file is it he wants? his address book? thats all he can copy over unless he has archived mail too.

B

bids

I dunno much about Notes, but apparently all the contacts, e-mails, appointments, tasks are kept in one file (?) with a .dbf extension (?). If this is right, he wants them to be imported into Outlook, as there are hundreds of e-mails.

From what you say, would an option be to archive the e-mails and then import into Outlook ?

T

Testin da Cable

run away! run away! they're both pustules on satan's bum :(

sorry for being unhelpful :(

T

tris-

well where i work, our address book is on the server or you can make a local address book. so if he has made a local one it will probably called address.dbf or something. with his emails he will need to archive them. and his appointments etc, hmm, i think they are saved in the desktop file (usually desktop.dsk). because they are all done through the calendar. i am looking on google now about export/import to outlook.

B

bids

Cheers tris- , given me something to go at - much appreciated.

Although not directly helpful, and running away is not part of the contract options, I have to agree TDC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom