I think there's something wrong with me

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't know what, I suspect its some sort of autism/asperges

Basically, my biological father has recently been diagnosed with cancer... he had radiation therapy for it but it cannot be cured.. the doctors said it is one of the "Better" cancers to get as it progresses slowly and lets you live longer.

Yet

I feel nothing, literally nothing

I don't feel sad, I don't feel lost, I'm completely devoid of most feelings. I do, however, feel shocked, shocked that someone I know has been afflicted with this

Not really sure where I was going with this, I just wanted to let it out I guess

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Basically, my biological father has recently been diagnosed with cancer... he had radiation therapy for it but it cannot be cured.. the doctors said it is one of the "Better" cancers to get as it progresses slowly and lets you live longer.

Yet

I don't feel sad, I don't feel lost, I'm completely devoid of most feelings. I do, however, feel shocked, shocked that someone I know has been afflicted with this

Not really sure where I was going with this, I just wanted to let it out I guess

Well, I think the phrase "biological father" might be doing some heavy lifting there.

Don't beat yourself up about it; it's not unusual to find the diagnosis of an illness difficult to process; it's not real until it's real so to speak.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What @DaGaffer said. You read stuff about other people in similar situations and you think "I feel different" - but you don't. I think what you described seems very normal.

Sorry tho :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have not had a real relationship with my biological father since I was about 3, we got in touch off and on over the years, and I met my wife through his wife at the time, but about a year ago, got back in touch. I don't think I will ever have the same relationship with him that my friends had/have with their fathers, I don't think either of us know how.

I can't say how I would feel, really, if he were to be diagnosed with something now. I don't think it's particularly unusual to not feel anything about someone you barely know, family or not. A few years ago I heard that he was having (now medicated) health issues, but have to say, I didn't really care, which upset me a little at the time.

I spent years refusing to see him, he was a nasty piece of work, as many paras are, so I can't tell people to reconcile, it doesn't work like that, but it has helped both of us, I think. He has mellowed a lot since I knew him last, some things are unforgivable, but we are moving on.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Yet

You're not required to, however you feel or don't it is what it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom