ERA

O

old.TGC Snow

i see that ERA are joining BWTFCL next season. I know perhaps u don't want to throw new clans straight into the prem, but if you are ok with doing that, ERA are certainly the sort of quality that the prem needs.

They are fucking brilliant.

O

old.[BC]Afx

I agree totally... From all that ive heard ERA are a damn good clan and would certainly be a big plus for the league :)

O

old.[RA]Ring Peace

I have seen some ERA peeps on the pubs and they are pretty good, nice clan name aswell :) But.......

I dont think they should go straight into the Prem.

Firstly that is a slap in the face to all those clans that competed in season 1.

Secondly who is to say they will play all their matches, the Prem this season had the most dropouts and was the least active of all the groups. If they want to play in BWTFCL let them complete a season in a group where they will no doubt win and gain promotion.

Just remember what happened to UKTFCL when lots of euro clans were allowed straight into the Prem, loads dropped and loads didnt play all their matches and the Prem was ruined. What would happen if lots of top euro clans wanted to join would we see a Prem consisting of DW, Tj, D-walk, PC, UE, SM. I hope not.

O

old.Round[DONut]

Hmm ERA.. who are they? Are they any good? :-D

O

old.TGC Snow

yer, i kinda agree with RP... ERA would really prove a lot of commitment if they stuck it out in the pools

but u have to remember that next season's pools probably won't be so good. i dunno... it's up to the admins

there are good arguments either way

O

old.[BC]Afx

Ring peace is right in the fact that all the clans who win the play offs should definitely get a prem place,Otherwise what was the point...But Theres going to be a lot of prem places up for grab next season,What with certain clans dropping and maybe an increase in the overall size of the prem.
No offence to anyone,But who would you rather see taking those extra places,Someone who finished 3rd/4th in their division,Or a proven team(european or not)

O

old.[BC]eat

No offence RP but RA quit the GWTFCL league this season :eek:/

Although some clans do drop out its pretty much impossible to tell which ones are going to do this.

O

old.[RA]Ring Peace

None taken. We dropped out b4 the season started, and it was the first season.

What I meant was I dont want prem slots taken up by euro clans joining BWTFCL and pushing aside those that fought all last season to get there.

A

Atomic Rammer

I've no objections to a few wildcard entries to the premiership to proven quality clans, but if any of these are offered to clans that competed in S1 then I dont think that is right.

Either they have not made it through playoffs, or they didnt play enough games. Either way they have been proven unfit for prem either by skill or lack of commitment to the league.

O

old.t!mo

I'd love to have a playoff match to get in prem. I'm waiting for 3rd vs 4th to be played but could be waiting all year at this rate. I don't think anyone should be let straight in the prem without discussion on this board. Unless it's us of course :)

O

old.TGC Snow

oh can i just say that when i implied that ERA should go into the prem, i never for one minute meant at the expense of promoted clans. I meant to fill in any free slots that were available.

If any clans (TGC or not) win promotion through play-offs, but are then told they won't have a place in the prem, TGC will leave the league.

E

exxxie

ERA - pass - I'm sure theyre great - but RP's warning is valid - UKTFCL got let down my some "famous" Euro clans... let these guys prove their merit in a Pool I say.

P.S we left GWTFCL cos the servers were shite as I'm sure most clans have found - even our cable players were pinging about 5-6 times normal...not fun :(

[This message has been edited by xs (edited 30 August 2000).]

V

vuz

All points are valid but at the present point in time the *likely* outcome is that [ERA] will start in the premiership. This will not mean that clans that have thought and gained the promotion spots won't be promoted, [ERA] will just replace a clan who left in season 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom