DAoC Eden: A Note From The Eden Team!

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
A NOTE FROM THE EDEN TEAM
The recent patch that went out has a lot of items going on behind the scenes that we are excited to introduce with future content patches. We thought we would take some time to highlight them and help shine some light on future content coming to Eden

AI Rewrite -
With this patch, we have also included a rather substantial AI rewrite. The AI should (keyword should /pray) now perform much better around obstacles and non-basic terrain. We will be monitoring the performance and footprint of the rewrite and if all goes well, we have exciting plans to possibly include them in upcoming content releases.

Timed Titles - Since we know that a major reason to play is to show off in Relic Town, we have added an additional internal system to support timer based titles to show off your accomplishments! We are looking forward to incorporating this system throughout the game and new content.

Invasion 2.0 - We gathered all of the feedback posted and held many internal discussions following the inaugural Realm Invasion and have come up with some changes we think will help alleviate some of the pain points from the first event. We will begin testing these changes over the next few weeks and smashing the bugs.

Large Scale RvR - Over the course of Eden, we have done a ton of work to get large scale RvR systems in place and put forth enjoyable systems for players. Some of these features include full siege weapons and ammos system, assault orders, keep chest rewards, and tactical commands. While these systems can feel really good for massive armies and have given us many amazing sieges and standoffs, we feel there is still a lot of room for improvement. Two areas we want to address specifically are relics (more to come on this in a later announcement), and to introduce exciting new content and mechanics to help promote smaller groups outside of the main battlegroup, and give realms that are outnumbered meaningful objectives to fight back.

Dynamic RvR - In the coming weeks and months we’ll be introducing some exciting new content and mechanics to add a new facet to RvR combat. Specifically, we’ll be looking at dynamic concepts aimed at helping zerg population imbalance and enabling BG leaders to have more tactical options. Our aim is to encourage fighting, but also to make it worthwhile and possible to fight against overwhelming odds. This is an absolutely enormous task but the team is excited and willing to take it on. A lot of work has already been going on behind the scenes to build up the infrastructure needed to support these systems and we are looking forward to beginning to deliver them over the coming months. With all of that being said, we want to thank you all so much for your continuous support! Thank you so much for playing Eden. We can’t wait to begin to share this content with you all.

The Eden Team

Eden Discord: https://discord.gg/eden-daoc

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'm still annoyed how the only place I'm credited for actually making the database useful is on the official DOL site. /cry. I should get in-perpetuity for being the former DB lead for the project. (Grav, Etaew, Batlas, and a few others too!)

I'll probably try DAoC again at some point.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm still annoyed how the only place I'm credited for actually making the database useful is on the official DOL site. /cry. I should get in-perpetuity for being the former DB lead for the project. (Grav, Etaew, Batlas, and a few others too!)

I'll probably try DAoC again at some point.
I certainly got a solid kick in the nostalgia feels looking at the website .... :unsure:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The zerg imbalance is the main thing wrong with Eden atm tbh. During EU hours, Hibs have an absolutely disgusting zerg - during NA hours mids and albs zergs pickup more. Something needs doing to balance it out and I'm glad to see they're finally addressing it. I remain sceptical until I see their intended changes to balance it out a bit more though.

Defending a keep vs 80-140 hibs with 20-40 mids isn't very fun and will ultimately be the death of Eden unless they balance it properly. People are just getting tired of having to retake their entire frontier everytime they login into the game.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I guess solo is out of the question then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom