bt router configuration

L

Lester

Hello again

I have a bt router/modem that was used on a bt line but i am now using at another place with pipex - :(

Anyway I think i need to get the bt router modem thingy reconfigured because they are locked apparently.

Any ideas?

I know this question isnt very clear but I am not at the place where the router is at and cant give you the model number etc - all i can say is it is a 4 port router/modem, black with 5 green lights on top.

D

danger

Originally posted by oldlester
Hello again

I have a bt router/modem that was used on a bt line but i am now using at another place with pipex - :(

Anyway I think i need to get the bt router modem thingy reconfigured because they are locked apparently.

Any ideas?

I know this question isnt very clear but I am not at the place where the router is at and cant give you the model number etc - all i can say is it is a 4 port router/modem, black with 5 green lights on top.

Have you tryed the BT test login? Am I right in assuming you can't get the router to sync when trying at your new place?

The question isn't very clear but you haven't told us what the prob is lest :p As far as I know it shouldn't be possible to lock a router.... it's not like a mobile phone... the modem will sync with the exchange and authenticate via the exchanges radius server... thus deciding to which ISPs gateway your bandwidth gets routed....

Users who are viewing this thread