Away Server rules?

M

Mörgoth

Hmm. In division 3 we've played 4 foreign clans I think (one spanish, the others french) and they didn't complain about the BW servers. They also only had one or two peeps with l33t connections, so they would have been more suseptible to lag conditions than possibly the top Euro clans (whose members, so I've heard, seem to all have cable/isdn/adsl and pings of at most 100 on BW servers).

It's the BW league, to be played on BW servers, so IMO foreign clans join at their own risk. If a suitable clan server can't be found, or there is a dispute, maybe make a rule that it has to be played on a BW server?

"If you want this LEAGUE TO be international ViRuZ so be it, it defeats the entire object of having League servers. What will be the server guidelines? Will they have to run a BWTFCL Config? Will ref's and admins have rcon and access to logs from all servers?"

Even in the UKTFCL there are foreign clans (UE have won the darn thing) and they play on other than UKTFCL-approved servers. Most clans with their own servers do indeed have the configs of the league that they are joined in. Dunno about access to logs though.

A

Afx

As i said to Viruz on icq,Foreign servers will be fine as long as there is some kindve vetting procedure as to which ones can be used.
For example the majority of German servers will give anyone in the uk a playable ping(yes i am on a 56k.....Till i get cable in 2weeks ;p) and also 8th meche and Donut are also great servers.
=BC= used to hate playin on non UK servers but its a fact of life nowadays and weve had pretty good experiences on any foreign servers weve used,Also remember if the servers unplayable for you then speak to an admin...You wont be forced to play on some swedish server run off two cans and a length of string,Well not very often ;p
As for the maps this season....Fortsake and badlands 4 times(?) says it all really.

O

old.TGC Snow

btw, TGC aren't against using home + away servers, we just feel with our current number of HPBs it is fairest if we play clans with both maps on BWTFCL servers (they will still outping us)... so i agree with the home + away rule, and TGC will conform with it v soon (when BT get off their ugly arses)

O

old.Gimp

Ban Whores!

Don't quote me vizzy you nob rash :p

If you have away servers a foreign clan will probably win bwtfcl. If you don't then a UK clan may have a chance.
Fuck nose how DW won ETFCL last season coz I find away servers hell to play on :).

V

vuz

soz Gimp but if u cud have seen wot xs said I kinda wanted to make the point I wasn't making it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom