Admins please read

O

old.TGC Snow

we played SLH last Sunday, and during the first map had a large droppage... after pausing, we finally got our members in. One of those was Pupek. He took up a position which he wouldn't normally play, but that's where we told him to go anyway.

Then the second map SD2 came up. He asked "where should i play?" we told him to go the "usual place", and he asked where that was. We thought it a bit strange, but were concentrating too much on the game ahead.

During the game he put his sentry in a different place to that pupek normally builds his SG on SD2. He also switched to sol (unusual for pup) and also had a ping of around 120 (pup normally pings no lower than 140).

Later, we discovered that it was not, in fact, pupek. What is even worse is that nobody in TGC says they pretended to be him. I tried to tell the admins in #bwtfcl, but they all ignored me. I'm hoping that this post will highlight a big problem currently present in BWTFCL. Namely, server logs. I pray u had server logs for that game, but i fear u probably didn't. The imitator probably knew that as well...

maybe we'll never find out who he was, and i wouldn't suggest that we would have won the game with the real pupek (we lost 60-40... hmmmm). But this is a serious issue. Can the admins please sort it out.

Server logs within the next week please....

V

vuz

i don't remember ignoring this
as i keep saying drchris is sorting the logs atm, i dunno if i'm gonna have access to the logs from that sunday, so i can't sort it yet

E

exxxie

Hmmm ... Ref should change the Server password on the night... and logs should be made available to Admins asap after a match dispute occurs, sooner DrChris sorts that the better.

Please note I have refrained from any TGC related jokes/jibes...it was bloody hard I'll tell you :)

O

old.Refugee

If the Ref changes teh pass and someone drops, and forgets it/never got it?

If a clan has suspisions the ref should be told, and its not as though the league is fraut with people immitating other people.

O

old.TGC Snow

we had no suspicions during the game. We did think he behaviour was more than a little odd, but we often have small communication problems with pupek coz he doesn't speak brilliant english (still better than i could speak german though =]).

We only found out a couple of days after the game, when we saw pupek again, and he explained...

i feel really really stupid, but plz don't take the piss coz i've already taken the piss outta meself for being so gullible. anyway... what i really don't want is anything like this to happen again

E

exxxie

Originally posted by Refugee
If the Ref changes teh pass and someone drops, and forgets it/never got it?

Gamespy remembers passwords for you easy enough, failing that write it down?

I r'mber last season the TGC v RA match getting invaded by some muppets and we had to pause and kick them off the server. Even if a Ref forgets to change the pass back - there are ways and means of getting round this. If you seriously want to consider this ViRuZ then Darkcyde can certainly help with re-writing the server configs. You can find him in #ra most of the time :)

O

old.Refugee

No,

I was assuming the password was changed once both clans were in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom