a question about scripts

O

old.trooper2

Hi,
I was just wondering if the league admin type people, who i assume read these boards, could help me out with the answers to a few queries.

Is bunnyhopping regarded as a cheat?

Is using scripts to automate various things like RJing, concing, b/hopping regarded as a cheat?

Is using things like the speedcheat. wallhack, armourcheat etc regarded as cheating?

Is using message binds regarded as a cheat?

Is using RW, BFC, GVS regarded as a cheat?

Is using the voice comms above with someone on spectator mode/the new multiperson spectator mode coming soon regarded as a cheat?

What is the general tone of the league? ie is it full of rules lawyers who will bend every tiny thing to win, or is it more people having fun?

I know it is quite a list, I hope you can help :)

EddieH

O

old.[SCW]Lobo

I'm no admin but......

Is bunnyhopping regarded as a cheat?
Is using message binds regarded as a cheat?
Is using RW, BFC, GVS regarded as a cheat?
Not at all, but some frown upon using BHing, and it should go with the next patch. Message binds and voice comms are essential tools for clan matches.

Is using scripts to automate various things like RJing, concing, b/hopping regarded as a cheat?
Nope. I'd be suprised if u found a conc script that worked,manual concing, be it throw and jump or hand held is much more accurate.

Is using things like the speedcheat. wallhack, armourcheat etc regarded as cheating?
Of course this is cheating at it's lamest.

Is using the voice comms above with someone on spectator mode/the new multiperson spectator mode coming soon regarded as a cheat?
Most certainly,spectators are Not allowed in clan matches,for those reasons.

What is the general tone of the league? ie is it full of rules lawyers who will bend every tiny thing to win, or is it more people having fun?
People having fun I reckon, it is a game after all.:)

Hope that helps .:D

T

TarX

/me reads de post
/me finks errrrrm [SCW]Lobo said it all :D

errrrrrm i fink everyone would see this us a cheat :D

O

old.trooper2

as an addendum then regarding voice comms.

AFAIK the new patch will have some sort of multicast spectator mode - how is the policing going to be done? A ref on the voice comm channel with each team?

Just curious as to how things work

EddieH

O

old.[SCW]Nessie

That wouldn't work as people could still use third party voice comms.

F

fade-

multi cast spec is only an option, it does not have to be used and I think I read somthing about there being a setting so the spec can be set 8mins or so behind the match makeing ne info some1 could give on voice coms rather usless

S

]SK[

BHing is a cheat!
I think a team should be punished if they use it in team matches.

Like saying the spy jumping underground wasnt a cheat.

M

Moön

Yeh I agree bunny hoping is making use of an exploit of the engine and only those who can't play without it will defend it .

S

]SK[

Alot of clans are using it for matches. When they take it out i would like to see how these clans play.

Mind you I would have thought it would be banned from the leagues.

Hope valve manage to get round it without damaging concing.

O

old.[SCW]LaMagra

with the new multicast thing there will be an option of adding a time delay to it, which should mean there would be no advantage to using voice comms (as long as u set delay high enough).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom