zomg how could i not know

Aada

Part of the furniture
Silly plebs it was announced last year! Hope the PC version is better this time!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah but they apparently dumbed this game down to a casual level....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah but they apparently dumbed this game down to a casual level....

Source Ctuchik? If you have no official source/proof then please stop posting bollocks :)

After the comment about making Dark Soul 2 "more straightforward and understandable", director Tomohiro Shibuya sparked concern in the minds of gamers all over the world. According to Eurogamer, Director of the previous games in the series, Hidetaka Miyazaki, has quelled some of the concerns in an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu.

According to Miyazaki, there is a core experience in the games that need protecting. "I'm talking about how we think about the difficulty level and how you achieve things in-game, about the concepts behind the mechanics and level design," he said. "Outside of that core, though, it's better to leave things to the discretion of the director. There's a lot around that core that we need to fix or adjust besides, and individual touches always tend to come out in the world setting and artwork, so I'm not meddling in that very much."

The game should retain the feelings of solitude and desperation present in the earlier games. Miyazaki mentions that he feels that the feelings were expressed well in the Dark Souls 2 CGI trailer.
darksoulspc_091500234095_640x360.jpg
There is a core experience that needs to be protected

He also commented on the evolution of multiplayer of the game. While it still won't have standard multiplayer modes, Dark Souls 2 will be going back to being hosted on dedicated servers. While this was present in the first game in the series, Demon's Souls, the developers had opted for a peer-to-peer system for Dark Souls. With the next game going back to dedicated servers, more things are possible, according to Miyazaki.

"Setting up a dedicated server lets you retain your data, making it easier to share it with other players. We'd like to evolve the asynchronous message-oriented online support from the previous game; we're imagining a framework where players are able to directly interact with each other,"Shibuya said. "Having dedicated game servers will be the source of a lot of new potential in DS2. There was a lot with the original Dark Souls I wish I could have done if we had the ability to have those servers, so in that way I'm pretty jealous of the new director here.”

He added, "The concept behind online play in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls was pretty plain to gamers, so I'm hoping we can evolve on that concept here without removing ourselves too far from it."

The advantages of dedicated servers could easily be seen in Demon's Souls, where thanks to the server persistence, Demon's Souls online worlds had a property called tendency. These tendencies could be black or white and changed depending on how many people were helping out other players by being white phantoms, or killing other players by being black phantoms. Some of the levels were only accessible when the world was of a certain tendency, and even in levels that were accessible, bosses could carry entirely different loot.

From Software had unveiled Dark Souls 2 during the Spike VGAs. Not much is known about the game other than the platforms it will be released for. Namco Bandai has announced that Dark Souls 2 is coming to the PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360 and the PC. The development is being handled by From Software once again, with series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki at the helm along with director Tomohiro Shibuya, known for working on the Monster Hunter series. "Dark Souls 2 will offer loyal fans exactly the kind of demanding challenges and never-ending struggle that became the hallmark of this whole series," said the publisher.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
more straightforward and more understandable

"We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but it's certainly a noble task."

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...more-approachable-series-creator-steps-aside/

There you go. :)

Doesn't matter how they try to dress it up, it's going to be easier if they have THAT as an overall goal.

I'm not saying that the game is going to be a walkover, but i'm pretty confident that it's going to be far from the rage inducing beast it used to be.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just have to wait and see then, I doubt they will go forward with making it patheticly easy because that was the sole reason Demon Soul/Dark Souls was so popular, remove the difficulty and it becomes a generic RPG, which i'm sure they are aware of.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As said before; easy difficulty mode doesn't make a game easy, it's an option.

Nerdrage over giving that option is not justifiable ;)

Also worth noting that in gaming terms accessible and straightforward doesn't mean easy, it means that you're explained more and that you have to rely on out-game resources less.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom