Zero 7

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ok, call me stupid, but I hadn't heard of this band until a couple of days ago. I'm listening to some tracks from the "When it falls" album, and they're sounding pretty damn good.

Flash in the pan? I hope not, because I haven't heard a duff track yet.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Zero 7 are excellent. I've spent the last 10 days reviewing When It Falls and I'm very impressed.

I actually don't have the first album (Simple Things), though it was highly rated on release. The other that I do have is their 'Another Late Night' remix album, part of a series by various artists. As much as I hate the word, it's so damned chilled... it's magnificent.

From the new album: Warm Sound and Speed Dial No.2 are my personal favourites at the moment.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
You're missing out, if you haven't heard Simple Things.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Inoffensive crap for expensive bars; Horrible horrible chill out nonsense; Bland dirges for people imagining they are cruising at night with a model. Take your pick of the above.

They are elevator music in band form and with the exception of some cracking remixes really wouldn't be missed.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Scooba da Bass said:
Inoffensive crap for expensive bars; Horrible horrible chill out nonsense; Bland dirges for people imagining they are cruising at night with a model. Take your pick of the above.

They are elevator music in band form and with the exception of some cracking remixes really wouldn't be missed.

Weren't you banned?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
"and a horse"

The lyrics to 'Distractions' crack me up everytime

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Sir Frizz said:
You're missing out, if you haven't heard Simple Things.
The remix to Truth and Rights is on the 'Another Late Night' compilation, which I think is off the first album. Other than that, yes I probably am.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Simple things was really good for a few weeks. I much prefer Air and its similarily styled yet air pull it off. Havent heard the new album yet, elevator music is a little harsh, there are some nice tunes on simple things but its certainly more 'chart friendly'

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Did i meantion i was going to see them on the 13th at the BRixton Academy in march? :p 2 weeks after that im off to tenerife so march is going to be awesome. AND its my bday on the 20th

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Scooba da Bass said:
Yeah, aparently they gave Xavier the power to ban for single days when he gets called on his bullshit.
You're not big on this whole 'learning' thing, are you? Ok, so you don't like Steve. Get over it - I suspect I'm not the only one getting sick of your bitching.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
Yeah, aparently they gave Xavier the power to ban for single days when he gets called on his bullshit.
Actually, I - and for that matter any other moderator, can ban you up to two weeks, and to be perfectly honest I very nearly did after your behaviour earlier this week. The only people who can exclude users for longer than that period are Ted and DBs. I generally ignore your rubbish, but your last escapade was so far from the truth it seemed you needed a slight reminder how to behave here.

I'd have thought you'd be grateful to be back on the forums scooba, but from the above I'm guessing you're now making an active effort to be permanently excluded. :rolleyes:

mank!

Part of the furniture
Well done, you turned a perfectly good thread into your own egofest Xavier. Thnak you!

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
several users contacted me to complain about scoobas comment in this thread, so I came and replied. I can't see any problem there.

Edit:// in fact Mank - it was you who made the comment which prompted Scooba. :rolleyes:

mank!

Part of the furniture
In fact, I was wondering if my brain was playing tricks on me.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Well, to be honest mate if you're going to be so touchy about comments being made off-topic from the thread itself, such stuff is probably best saved for a PM. Heh, and this is another thread gone the way of teh dodo.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Godammit. Scooba made his comment. We ignored it and carried on, did everyone have to jump in?

Anyway, Zero 7. I lost the postit note that told me the release date - is the new one actually out yet?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Much though I'd love to disagree with scooba as on the whole he's a prat :- simple things does get pretty damn tedious pretty damn quick. I've not heard the new one, but I don't doubt it'd be more of the same.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Scooba da Bass said:

Spot. On.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
there playing here on 18th march, might work it, super furrys are playing fortnight later and then week after im going to tenerife :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
RandomBastard said:
there playing here on 18th march, might work it, super furrys are playing fortnight later and then week after im going to tenerife :)
Aye - I've got tickets for the Super Furrys back in Cambridge over easter. Not seen them for a few years, should be good :)

-- I have a feeling that the magazine offered me a guest pass for Zero 7 as well. I didn't go though :( Might be because I was prebooked, or because they only offered one (not much of a gigs on my own kinda guy). Anyway, if it was the latter then I'm kicking myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom