Zerker specc

M

Marcuz

I am looking for a nice zerker specc
50 sword/hammer/axe 50 left axe rest in parry

But what is best and why? Sword, Axe or Hammer ??

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Ppl told me to go 50LA 50HAMMER rest parry
Why i dont know :p

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
They each have their advantages:

Sword) Spear of Kings able to be used in mainhand, also Slash damage, that all albs are neutral too, and hib chain (Scale) is weak too. However Hib studded (Reinforced) is strong against it, which in Full group RvR means Bards/Blademasters are resistant, while Druids/Wardens/Heros/Champions are Weak. Rangers, Nightshades and Vamps are Resistant.

Axe) Slash like Sword, but Malice is useable in mainhand. Also an anytimer Attack Speed Debuff which is nice 1v1, and in FG rvr if used on enemy tanks, though I doubt its got a big impact in FG rvr.

Hammer) Rear positional Snare, which is nice for running targets, however LA rear chain easily provides more DPS. Crush damage table is: Alb Plate (Paladin, Armsman) are weak to it, Alb Chain (Cleric/Mincer/Merc/Reaver) resistant to it. Alb Studded (Scout) is Resistant, and Alb Leather (Infil) is weak. Hibernian chain (scale) is resistant, Studded (reinforced) is weak, and so is hib leather.

Personally If I was going to make a Berserker, I would spec:
39Axe, 39 Hammer & 50 LA.

I would use, Malice (axe) mainhand, Croc tooth dagger (left axe) off hand, and Battler (Hammer) as other mainhand.

Reasons for this are: Choice of damage type depending on target. Malice is slash since that will be the usual choice of damage type, and the Malice+croc combo gives two very nice procs. Reason for Battler even though SoK has a better proc, is because the Battler charge is very nice to have.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
lol your post got deleted again konah

anyway was trying to quote it but couldnt was going to say, why oh why is 39Axe/39Sword 50 LA an option? Well of course its an option, but what would be the point of it? oO

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
39 hammer/sword 50la rest parry..use battler/sok main and malice off Imo! its gonna be a bitch working temp around this..but doable.

or just go 50hammer 50la 28 parry and use batt/malice :p

/Dracus

-Hayfever-

Fledgling Freddie
It is possible to make one with:

Malice + SoK in mainhand and offhand.

Battler in 2h to have the proc. but what you could do i suppose spec:

39 hammer 39 sword rest LA and swap them every target. You get the procs for all the weapons aswell.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
50 mainhand/50 LA/28 Parry is by far the best overall Berserker spec; anything less than 50 mainhand kills your mainhand damage if you're using anything other than LA styles, and you'll find yourself quite often using 2H (i.e. mainhand style line) when Frenzied for the potentially massive crits, or for that killing blow on a fleeing caster. Plus, of course, you lose the lvl44 and 50 styles in that line. Trying to have slash and crush damage makes SCing your template very difficult, as well.

-----

Race-wise, whatever you choose - and I'd say Troll for pure damage or shortest Dwarf for durability and being a small target in RvR - go +10 Str/Con/Qui. Being a tiny Dwarf Zerk is funny as hell, and mini-bear mode is too cute for words.

-----

Regarding Axe/Hammer/Sword, really any of them can be made to work well as a mainhand line. All 3 have a side style which makes up for the lack of a side style in LA, although only Axe has a frontal chain and none of their rear styles or chains are worth using instead of the Snowsquall/Icy Brilliance/Aurora Borealis chain from LA itself most of the time.

I find Sword to be the least effective, actually...people will go "OMG WTF RAGNAROK IS TEH UBAH!!11one11!!" but Ragnarok is probably the single most over-rated style in Midgard, and why the hell would you use an average-damage rear style when you could be using the high-damage LA rear chain?...with the possible exception of the aforementioned 2H+Frenzy thing, but then it's hardly worth speccing a whole line just for 20 seconds every 7 minutes. And anyway, Ragnarok won't do anywhere near as much damage as you'd hope it would. Trust me, I speak from experience. Sword does have a reasonably useful side chain, though.

Hammer is good, Conquer gives you a spammable rear snare but it has no to-hit bonus - which kind of sucks, given that Berserkers seem to have a high built-in miss rate anyway. Frost Hammer does make for a good side style, though, and I think the Lambast/Mjollnir's Fury chain makes a better off-Parry chain than the LA one.

Axe, in my opinion (and I've had lvl 50 Zerks with all 3 mainhand weapons) is the best mainhand weapon line. Glacial Movement is an excellent side style, you have a front positional chain (something neither Sword nor Hammer can offer) and a rear chain for use with 2H that beats Ragnarok hands down. Plus with Axe you get an anytime chain with attack debuff and snare in the Pillager/Plunderer chain, which is very under-rated (my 2H Axe Savage does very well with that one) and makes a great anytime alternative to the endurance-guzzling Doublefrost. Also, TOA offers tons of 1H axes but is very light on decent hammers and swords...though TOA has lots of good 2H weapons in all 3 lines.

-----

With DR, I think Malice offhand and Champion weapon mainhand are going to become the cookie-cutter weapon choice for Zerks; I know I can't wait to have Malice and the Champ axe for Panzerfaust, he'll hit like an insane bastard with 4.1 offhand and 4.3 mainhand and Celerity. Assuming Malice offhand and Champ mainhand I would suggest for 2H:

Sword: Dragonfury, Dragon-Shadow Great Sword, Astral Divine Light, Battler, SOK

Hammer: Wurm/Dragon-Shadow Great Hammer, Dragonstorm, Battler, Astral Kinetic Hammer, Bruiser

Axe: Wurm/Dragon-Shadow Great Axe, Astral Mordant Battleaxe

For some weirder arti/Champ combos, I would suggest the following (a 5.7 speed 2H is awesome with Celerity, and all Champ 2H weapons are 5.7 speed - these might be the way to go if you fancied being a mainly 2H-using Zerk):

Sword: Malice offhand + SOK mainhand + Champ 2H

Hammer: Traitor's Dagger offhand + Bruiser mainhand + Champ or Malice 2H

Axe: Croc Tooth Dagger offhand + Malice mainhand + Champ 2H

Heat legendaries seem to make good all-round RvR 2H weapons, too. RAWR! BOOM! Fun.

-----

HTH, and happy Zerking :D

duact

Fledgling Freddie
splitspec is the way to go, svartmetalls "you need 50weaponsspec" is just pure bs.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
and you'll find yourself quite often using 2H
LA outdamages 2h in nearly all ways, and I can't see the reason to use a 2h. If they get a heal so they survive next hit you stand like a retard for a few seconds without damaging them at all.

Go split spec like Karate said. Using just hammer makes you hit for fk all on 90% of the albs. Using slash makes you hit for fk all on bards/bms. :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
duact said:
splitspec is the way to go, svartmetalls "you need 50weaponsspec" is just pure bs.
Wow, what a reasoned and well-thought-out argument.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Eva said:
LA outdamages 2h in nearly all ways, and I can't see the reason to use a 2h. If they get a heal so they survive next hit you stand like a retard for a few seconds without damaging them at all.
Way to selectively quote me and miss out the rest of the sentence that shows why I said what I said. Try reading what I said again.
Go split spec like Karate said. Using just hammer makes you hit for fk all on 90% of the albs. Using slash makes you hit for fk all on bards/bms. :p
Split spec is gimpier than a gimped thing on National Gimp Day on the planet Gimp. Trying to use slash and crush on the same character with the same template does not work, which is why you don't actually see split spec Zerks being much use anywhere. Or perhaps you'll post your uber split spec template with capped skills (LA, Slash and Hammer) and resists, yes?

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Wow, what a reasoned and well-thought-out argument.

what did you expect from him?

a zerker that not has 50 in weps is not a true zerker in heart no matter what dmg output is:drink:

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Way to selectively quote me and miss out the rest of the sentence that shows why I said what I said. Try reading what I said again.

Split spec is gimpier than a gimped thing on National Gimp Day on the planet Gimp. Trying to use slash and crush on the same character with the same template does not work, which is why you don't actually see split spec Zerks being much use anywhere. Or perhaps you'll post your uber split spec template with capped skills (LA, Slash and Hammer) and resists, yes?

You ask Osril about split spec? didnt think so..I know many zerks who do just aswell with split as with 50/50/28...you need to get ur facts updated.

/Dracus

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
evry decent zerk that wants to optimize his damage uses the splitspec simply becoz you can choose to hit for example a blademaster with hammer and a druid with axe. If you fail to understand this you are probably just retarded. About the templates I agree for a realmrank 1 character it is probably almost impossible to do a good splitspec template but at higher realmranks its abit easier.

Skirne

Fledgling Freddie
DR Thuz Axe, Malice offhand, 50 axe 50 LA, celerity = killing machine. I can see the point in adding a hammer, but with a DR mainhand it will be hard to fit in a template.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Let me make this simple for you. Do you want to hit with slash or crush on a crush weak and slash resistant armortype (for example bm's)? And you dont need capped skills in slash and hammer as long as you get 51 with +skills its enough.

Himse

FH is my second home
duact said:
Let me make this simple for you. Do you want to hit with slash or crush on a crush weak and slash resistant armortype (for example bm's)? And you dont need capped skills in slash and hammer as long as you get 51 with +skills its enough.

;p suppose

Skirne

Fledgling Freddie
I think it is better to focus on doing the rest right, there's hardly any light tank doing absolutely everything perfect as it is, and getting +20% more dmg or so on a target once in a while is not always necessary if one is in company with another berserk or two.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Use Thrust Savage against Albs, and Slash Berserker against the Hibs, just let the Hammer Skald on the Bard/BMs. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom