Zerk with shield?

D

dracus

...I was just wondering with the recent nerf/fix zerks have undergone, if it wasnt fair to give them the ability to spec shield? Seein as both merc and BM (the common counterparts afaik ;)) both have this option.

I have tried usin 2H instead of LA but truth be told its only fun with high crits and dmg isnt that much better in my experience, if at all. Better hittin faster imo ;)

I'd like to hear other zerks thoughts on this :) (and ofc non-zerks, seein as they will flame me for considering more stuff for zerk :p)

/Dracus

F

-fwapp-

zerks with shield would be okaay i guess.... vendo + slam would be a bit nasty but they'd lose out on damage and rly just be warriors with worse armour and hp, and slightly more dmg?
never rly played either tho so.. :]

M

mucking_fuppet

Just how badly has the nerf affected you? It's not that noticable on my young berserker (15) but I'm guessing it gets more obvious at higher levels?

T

the_smurflord

Bad enough so that they now do similar damage to a merc and blademaster. Terrible isn't it.

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Bad enough so that they now do similar damage to a merc and blademaster. Terrible isn't it.

bad enough that they're outmeleed by thanes :rolleyes:

D

Dook_Pug

Zerk with 50 Shield/50 Sword would be a nice class to play IMO

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Yeah as there special abillty is on a longer time , and gives em a defence penalty , on top of that they have worse defence even when not using vendo , studded versus chain.....
I'm quit sure alot of the berzerkers would change there berzerker for a Merc in an blink of an eye .... If it where not that merc's are filthy albion scum....

T

the_smurflord

Well that's an issue about their special ability, which I'll grant does need looking at. But the damage output apart from that is about right now.

M

mele

nah it will be uber...hink in this....a fight zerk vs whatever.
Zerk slam enemie
Zerk put in Zerk mode
take uo the 2 handed
3 crits and enemie is dead
is tooooo much.
they have the option of use 2 handed and also still hiting a bit harder than mercs or BM.
is ok like this.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Yeah as there special abillty is on a longer time , and gives em a defence penalty , on top of that they have worse defence even when not using vendo , studded versus chain.....
I'm quit sure alot of the berzerkers would change there berzerker for a Merc in an blink of an eye .... If it where not that merc's are filthy albion scum....
Um, I thought vendo was still 7 mins, same as TW and DT. :p

D

dracus

Originally posted by mele
nah it will be uber...hink in this....a fight zerk vs whatever.
Zerk slam enemie
Zerk put in Zerk mode
take uo the 2 handed
3 crits and enemie is dead
is tooooo much.
they have the option of use 2 handed and also still hiting a bit harder than mercs or BM.
is ok like this.

True but, this would make hamstah somewhat useful again...i ONLY use it when tryin to bring down a caster fast...Vs any other opponent the penalty is far too great...but hey...was just an idea...

The other day i met a Merc in DF (granted he was RR5-6) neither of us IP'd and i was fully buffed from a L40+sham bot and he had NONE...he killed me... and yes im fully SC'd and ablative...is that fair? mebbe its cause his abilities are better i dunno...but it doesnt seem right to me....But hey ive got a new fotm otw, so whaddo i care :p

/rant off

/Dracus

K

klavrynd

who cares

3 nerfs, and the thing that happened to the zerk tl

why dont you people still don't get it!

K

kaine_1

Dont think Mercs can spec shield, they can just hold one and look pretty.

Nerf to ratmode timer is harsh, but LA seems fair to me.

I have a lot of sympathy for you zerkers out there, but to all you SB's.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :p

D

drerranwan

i stil 5 shot alb tanks so stop talking about shields gimps.

A

Arnor

give shieldspec, increased bleeds and flurry

since we are on par with bm/merc now

I

ilum

Not really sure here, but I think most mercenaries would prefer studded and evade 3 over chain and evade 1.

It's 7% less absorption but 10% more evade - and dodging slams from behind is very useful.

H

Hyuga Hinata

Originally posted by kaine_1
I have a lot of sympathy for you zerkers out there, but to all you SB's.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :p

Never got the whole SB's with LA are overpowered, I dueled Artemis' shadowblade with my skald a few times and I never saw this supposedly overpowered damage. I even beat him a few times :x

H

hiban

Mercs can spec shield, just as bm. I think the reason zerkers cant do that is due to the fact that they have both vendo mode and the ability to switch from 1 to 2h weap with just 1 weapon spec.

M

mucking_fuppet

Maybe bearmode should be decreased timer as you level.

G

Gewny

Originally posted by Hyuga Hinata
Never got the whole SB's with LA are overpowered, I dueled Artemis' shadowblade with my skald a few times and I never saw this supposedly overpowered damage. I even beat him a few times :x

And thats a suprising thing considering my Healer easily beated most Skalds in duel :)

(not Stormsteel thou but he was some leet dude :p)

O

old.Hellskor

it's because of the ewul Troll Shadowblades that popped out of stealth behind sitting down albs and Doublefrosted them for 1k damage every 1.5secs :rolleyes:

K

kinag

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
it's because of the ewul Troll Shadowblades that popped out of stealth behind sitting down albs and Doublefrosted them for 1k damage every 1.5secs :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:

O

old.Hendrick

Mercs can indeed spec shield, and I tried it with my leftover full respec before the patch. Can't say there was any point to it. Armsmen and Paladin do a far better job with a shield, and I imagine it's the same with Warriors/Thanes compared to berserkers.

K

Kallio

I woudl like to try a zerker with shield spec, and just if zerks could get MoB

Evade III + Dodger II
Shield 50 + MoB II (or so)

Slam, zerk mode, 2h :D

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SilverHood
bad enough that they're outmeleed by thanes :rolleyes:

a thane hitting with 2h will do more damage per hit than a zerker using 1h these days... it's shocking isn't it.

F

Flimgoblin

duels mean sod all ;)

try it both buffed :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by dracus

The other day i met a Merc in DF (granted he was RR5-6) neither of us IP'd and i was fully buffed from a L40+sham bot and he had NONE...he killed me... and yes im fully SC'd and ablative...is that fair? mebbe its cause his abilities are better i dunno...but it doesnt seem right to me....But hey ive got a new fotm otw, so whaddo i care :p

are you level 20 or something?

so how did you know the merc was unbuffed? If he didn't die then you wouldn't see the buffs drop...

E

eynar

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
a thane hitting with 2h will do more damage per hit than a zerker using 1h these days... it's shocking isn't it.

I've never seen a zerker use just one 1h, they always use 2. Now you're point was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom