Zergs, yes they do suck

J

Jonaldo

Yep, everyone hates them but is there a solution at all, after having some arguments with lots of people on IRC who seem to have forgotten to take other peoples opinions in and can only spit out tripe of their own I decided to make a post here about what I think. Criticise or whatever, makes no difference to an old retiring elf.

Yep I hate zerg style rvr, is THE main reason for me not playing anymore, running from amg to mmg to amg to mmg to amg to mmg with 30 other people is just not fun... it's dull and that's being VERY polite. I can understand other realms frustrations when Hibernia has lots of people in emain but how many times have both Midgard and Albion brought zergs and wiped out the Hibs in the past.. a lot more times than we have zerged you I can tell you that. What are we supposed to do? tell people in Hibernia that we have to limit it to 2 groups maximum in emain at any one time so that it's easier for Alb and Mid to win? Or buy tickets so that people only get one hour at a time there? We can't force people not to go there. Often I would run to emain solo, then maybe meet a few others, later more would come and we'd have a full group... then more and more and more till I would get bored and just log off..

Also don't forget the point of the game, it's 3 way warfare so when say Alb invades Hib, Hib will defend and try to force the invaders back home or to Midgard... Why complain at the sheer fact that Hibs are defending their realm? We don't want you here! GO AWAY! :) people shouldn't be so surprised that there's more Hibs in Hibernia than there are Mids or Albs.

So many people complain about zerg tactics and yet are in emain all day and all night, this I don't understand. As mentioned earlier it's a 3 way thing, you don't like the rvr in emain, then go to hadrians or odins or go take some keeps somewhere to get the 3rd realm to come attack you elsewhere. No use complaining about how shit emain is then going back there and dying only to complain how shit emain is then going back there and dying again... it's not rocket science is it?

Basically if you're not enjoying it, don't do it. It's only a game after all. Unfortunately for those of us that don't like 'teh zerg(c)2002' it's only going to get worse with more people joining the game and more level 50's appearing every day.

Maybe one solution would be to make frontier zones a lot bigger if server space was available, also removing milegates would stop camping a lot and would help a lot of people against the stealthers as going through those doors solo you are a sitting duck.

My 2 cents (more like $2), as I said feel free to comment or critisise if you want, on IRC I got a lot of critisism and almost borderline on insults for my opinions but such is life :) but I've always try to speak my mind and am always honest about what I say despite what people think.
Maybe I'll get to argue with some of you about another game sometime.

O

old.mattshanes

Cornell i agree with you rvr is becoming crap because no one tries to be more creative and go to new areas to battle.I hope you come back in game you are one hib that i truely think is a great player.

Just a thought to make it fun instead of exping deathing albs/hibs/mids in df the zerg should split in df and fight group vs group.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I thought you considered everyone to be a great player?

O

old.mattshanes

Nope theres many i do, nothing wrong with that but playing a mentalist the way he does wouldn't you agree?

W

wyleia

Hmm... Ive had great fun in the Middie frontier all week... You dont HAVE To go to Emain and give the hibbie zerg more RA's :) Besides if hibs have to run all the way from Gorge to our pks, it makes more sense to bring more ppl i would think, its a long run to have to make back and forth need a bigger force so its not a long run for nothing....

We have a huge area to RvR in... the frontier zone is more than just the immediate area around DC :) So i dont thikn making the zones bigger is the answer...

Altho it is a bit warmer in emain i must say....been freezing my butt off in odins all week (cant you mids turn the heaters on there or smth?) :/

Wyleia Mythweaver
50th Sorc of The 30
http://www.the30.org.uk

T

Turamber

Cornell is quite right, people complain bitterly about all the zerging ... but then go and join it regularly. The other day 3 groups of Hibs were taking Alb keeps, 20+ people were on the transporter in Sauvage -- I yelled to them what was going on.

No one got off, all went to join the zerg.

In any event, even when you join the Alb zerg its been known to run for its life back to APK at the sight of 2 blue con Middies :(

I've had a lot of fun at different times in RvR, but the repetitiveness of it has got to me at the moment. One of the many reasons for levelling an alt on Hib/Excal.

Will turn up with Turamber for organised guild RvR, or if anyone PM's me and would like a rusty old Paladin by their side :) , but I don't expect to be back spending a lot of time in RvR until the new patch is available.

R

Roalith

The only time I RvR nowadays is on planned keep raids. Yes, that's right, you can earn RP doing keepraids!

All it takes is a little patience, take a keep with a few friends and settle in. Sooner or later (sooner if multiple keeps are taken in the same realm), a retake force will arrive... then all you have to do is commence farming :D

K

krait

Originally posted by Roalith
.....then all you have to do is commence farming :D

Only thought Hibs did any farming................... and other horticultural pastimes
;)

O

old.Aure

Agree with Cornell and others. I only rvr with a small group
away from the foray. I've actually enjoyed this week.
29 people were killed at Bledmeer last night by 10 Hibs. That didn't include those that didn't give RP's.

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Originally posted by old.Aure
Agree with Cornell and others. I only rvr with a small group
away from the foray. I've actually enjoyed this week.
29 people were killed at Bledmeer last night by 10 Hibs. That didn't include those that didn't give RP's.

That isn't really a big achievement if you consider how tho...: just put 2 pbae bitches in the lord room and start spamming. This says it all:

pbae

Z

zapzap

Yes zerk is boring but it's so easy to run around in emain, so more people come there then other fontiers. Going to albion is easy but to find any1 to kill is hard, even harder to get safe around without getting agro. Maybe if there would be some ugly mobs around Dc it would be different. So I blaim Mythic for the Zerk in Emain :p

N

noob_pride

I love a good zerg!
I love to see the dead bodies everywhere, and people all over the place... Now if you could just cut arms, legs and other body parts off, that would be good..
*look its a hibby head on the floor*

S

SlaynFintaine

No matter how zergy Emain is, you can always get a group of 8 together and do your own thing. Find a group that's fairly on-ball, has decent direction and the right classes and you can achieve a lot.

Been doing this with mates for the last couple weeks, always 6-8 of us.. maybe albs/mids have noticed. People we run with are:

Tuorin
Toirdhealbhach
Luuna
Lourker
Lairiodd
Basil
Firehawk
Mato
Phoenixx
Trelawney
Me

Couple of others too, between whoever's online we can get together 6-8 people most evenings and have been having a blast taking on all sorts of new challenges. There are so many golden moments and it really is so much more rewarding than following a zerg.

I'd urge the regular RvR'ers from Albion/Midgard to try out the same thing, its' really worth it and we'd love a challenge from another smart group of the same size. (Atm our challenge is taking out 2-3fg's of less organised enemies).

Good luck, hope to have some fun in the frontiers soon.

WAR! Slayn Out!

S

SlaynFintaine

On taking the Mids at Odin's btw, it didn't involve pbaoe, it was a fight in open fields(the path outside bled) and was done with the work of our two bards mezzing and kiting the mid melees, Lourker keeping them upright with heals and me keeping them safe with Slams. Firehawk, Tuorin, Lairiodd doing an excellent job of /assisting off me, so that after I land a slam the opponent is taken down without getting off any instas/heals/CC's. Also Phoenixx supporting with hefty stuns and nukes to remove high-threat enemies such as runies.

This isn't something you can put down to zerging/pbaoe-caming etc. it's just good teamwork and tactics. And knowing how to watch eachothers backs and sync our attacks.

L

lakih

I love zerg, but thats in another game :).
Please kill the DAoC zerg.... rvr is so dull nowadays :(

Cya around Odin's or Hadrian's...

:m00:

O

old.Noita

I agree.. Cornell yes Zergs are a complete bore, Emain RvR used to be a lot of fun, now its dictated by who can field the biggest number of people :sleeping:

There is no skill, fun or endeavour involved when you get washed away by a swarming tide of <insert realm name here>

Recently Odins Gate/Hadrians/Sauvage/Gorge have been a huge improvement on teh z3rg(tm). RvR has been fun again for the last week or so. :clap:

I think when the PvP server comes, the population of Prydwen will be thinned out and the zerglettes will be diminshed in number. Also when the new RvR dungeon arrives, there will be yet another arena for us to satiate our bloodlust within :) Thus culling the zerg further. I hope so anyway :)

Toodle Pip :)

O

old.Aure

Originally posted by old.Eynar_Vega

That isn't really a big achievement if you consider how tho...: just put 2 pbae bitches in the lord room and start spamming. This says it all:

pbae

Was outside Bled with no pbaoer. ;)

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Bah, so I posted that reply for nothing...another useless effort down the drain...:rolleyes:

R

rynnor

New Zone

Only answer to the Zergs is to create a new zone where only equal numbers of Mids/Hibs/Albs can enter at once.

Those who wished to join in would flag themselves (similar to the lfg flag) and the server would add them in whenever there were opponents from the other 2 realms ready.

People dead but not released would still count but once they released another from their realm could join.

Finally we could have real 3 way battles and maybe even some tactics in rvr

J

Jonaldo

I personally think a level 50 battleground is called for, would be interesting seeing huge zergs all fighting around one keep.

(not emain/dc)

All the rp whores can go there and those who like real rvr can stay outside in frontiers.

K

Krillin.

i'll go odins or maybe if i'm bored go emain. RvR is now about who has the biggest army rather than skill. RvR is basically 30 mins of sitting at a mile gate for a 100 rp's if your lucky with the amount of people there. Repeat till bored...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom