Ze Germans

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
"Not just Germany" is probably not the right thing to say but somehow, that bollocks is making a come back all over.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
"Not just Germany" is probably not the right thing to say but somehow, that bollocks is making a come back all over.

Ah, to be honest they sound like a bunch of fantasist weirdos, but the German authorities aren't messing around.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah, to be honest they sound like a bunch of fantasist weirdos
I'd love to know what the rationale is tbh. It's the sort of thing where a manifesto gets written, and I'd love to know what that was.

Like Anders Brevik's diatribe - apparently you're risking clinky if you want to download it.

Last edited:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
QAnon-adjacent stuff with people deeply invested in Kremlin bollocks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
QAnon-adjacent stuff with people deeply invested in Kremlin bollocks.
I watched a fair bit of a talk from Heinrich from a few years back. Only picked up Rothschild stuff (from quotes Rothschild made in the 1700s) so 🤷

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm a bit worried about the "open fantasy should be taken seriously" - i.e. cracked down on.

Follow that throigh and we could end up locking up asshats for being asshats.

Hope they don't knee-jerk.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm a bit worried about the "open fantasy should be taken seriously" - i.e. cracked down on.

Follow that throigh and we could end up locking up asshats for being asshats.

Hope they don't knee-jerk.
These fantasists have plotted to take over the US and Germany now. They can believe any old bollocks but as soon as they start planning action they can be cracked down on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
These fantasists have plotted to take over the US and Germany now. They can believe any old bollocks but as soon as they start planning action they can be cracked down on.
Agreed.

However, it does raise some important questions doesn't it.

E.G. How do you monitor these groups without wholesale surveillance of populations?

Freedom from state surveillance is/really should be a fundamental right. It's only since the dawn of our new technological environment that this has become possible.

Or, what about groups who's aims are correct? E.G. the overthrow of corrupt governments? I can't imagine any government legislating in a way that doesn't grant absolute "stability".

Like Thoreau said: "in an unjust society the only place for a just man is in prison" - and you only have to look as far as Hong Kong and increasing Chinese surveillance...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Agreed.

E.G. How do you monitor these groups without wholesale surveillance of populations?

Freedom from state surveillance is/really should be a fundamental right. It's only since the dawn of our new technological environment that this has become possible.

Or, what about groups who's aims are correct? E.G. the overthrow of corrupt governments? I can't imagine any government legislating in a way that doesn't grant absolute "stability".

Like Thoreau said: "in an unjust society the only place for a just man is in prison" - and you only have to look as far as Hong Kong and increasing Chinese surveillance...

Ze Germans, as good EU members, take privacy a lot more seriously than His Majesty's Government does. But listening for "chatter" (basically online) is now part of standard policing practice pretty much everywhere and it's difficult to imagine a world where police forces would be considered anything but irresponsible if they didn't do it. However, I would imagine that any snooping on email accounts and hard drives is a court order thing in Germany, whereas in the UK it would be covered under RIPA and the hugely broad powers that it gives. In the US of course they use the NSA to the same effect by routing data out of the US and back in again so it can be covered by their "we're allowed to snoop on anything foreign" remit that they've had since the Cold War.

To be honest, if any of these fuckwits used any internet channels for any of their plotting, they deserve everything they get.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I’d imagine that they didn’t come on this by random snooping. They’d have got a court order based on reasonable suspicion from another source.

They and Q aren’t exactly hiding the fact that they’d like to overthrow their governments.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be honest, if any of these fuckwits used any internet channels for any of their plotting, they deserve everything they get.
Indeed. But it does beg the question of how do you quickly mobilize doesn't it :)

They and Q aren’t exactly hiding the fact that they’d like to overthrow their governments.
Yep. And it's nice to live in a world where you can say that. Given the past 30 years of history and the longstanding erosion of our rights I'm just a tad worried about them criminalising people for saying it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yep. And it's nice to live in a world where you can say that. Given the past 30 years of history and the longstanding erosion of our rights I'm just a tad worried about them criminalising people for saying it.
That’s what they do in Russia and China. Not Germany.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That’s what they do in Russia and China. Not Germany.
Right now, @Wij old bean, right now.

Look at what has happened in the UK over your lifetime. The grip on the public is tightening - whilst progress on critical things isn't taking place. And government response to public pressure isn't to move faster, is it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That’s what the ECHR is for.
You mean the thing that the UK is agitating to leave?

Courts are one thing - but it's every person's responsibility to agitate and fight for their freedoms and rights. Rights aren't granted, they're fought for and taken - generally at great cost to the public who fought for them. So when they're eroded then we should be incredibly wary, not flippant.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Ive been in Berlin last two days was a bit nuts crazy amount of police at airport, test alerts for terrorist attacks on all phones

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Agreed.

They read all your shit.

They probably let some things slip too. Like the days of Enigma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom