Ywain

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I downloaded the US Trial - and I see a bunch of servers labeled Ywain:

Ywain1
Ywain2
Ywain3, etc till Ywain10

Which one do I choose? Also, are the servers up? I get "Service not Available" (feels like 2001)

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
You can choose any of the servers. But i am also getting a service not available message :(

:(

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Ywain is down, it's been dropping each time the pop reaches 4006 players. This is the 4th time in 24 hours as far as I'm aware.

old.Osy

Meh :( I just gave in to seeing everyone having fun on Ywain, and now this :(

old.Osy

Also, am now a lvl14 dorf skald, any old excal players willing to take a poor oldskool dorf in their guild?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Dunno about guild but I can hook you up with some stuff you can use in thid if you'd like

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
servers crashed again just now, just as hibs about to get surs ck to open our relic gate... lol gutted !

old.Osy

I'm 24 now, getting my ass handed to me in thid. There's something weird about the controls, it didn't use to be so hard 6 years ago - And I don't remember very well how my keyboard was setup, but playing with one hand on the mouse while trying to mess about with quickbars - pain.

I think I was playing mainly with the keyboard, using mouse only to select targets or some such...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The controls are a bit weird, it's an old game!

If you were used to the original controls from an ancient config file you've had since launch, then the newer defaults will be different. After playing other MMORPGs I couldn't really go back to my old DAoC config which used the keyboard far too much for movement.

The movement just feels wrong after playing other games, having to hit a button to use /face to start casting, where as other MMORPGs will stop your movement instantly so you don't interrupt your spells.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
4k ppl hope they raise the pop cap if more ppl comes back..as it is now they have set a cap at 4k :( damn trial accounts that ppl use to make a lvl 1 and port it to deep volcanus for glass farming bots

CorNokZ

The movement just feels wrong after playing other games, having to hit a button to use /face to start casting, where as other MMORPGs will stop your movement instantly so you don't interrupt your spells.

lolwut is this what WAR and WoW is?

4k ppl hope they raise the pop cap if more ppl comes back..as it is now they have set a cap at 4k :( damn trial accounts that ppl use to make a lvl 1 and port it to deep volcanus for glass farming bots

3991 online atm.. Guess I'll just log in and crash the server! brb

Duze

Loyal Freddie
You can't actually use glass until level 40, so they should make that the cap to obtain it - would cut out enough of the afkers in Volcanus to at least help out with the population cap.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
3991 online atm.. Guess I'll just log in and crash the server! brb

You cant crash the server :kissit:, they've put a TOTAL cap at 4k to
prevent cashes :clap: , sad part about it is all free accounts farming
glass at Typhon and taking up paying customers spots :twak:

Everz

FH is my second home
Bitter irony that they could actually split the server in half again and have a solid 2k pop on each haha.

I thought the idea of Ywain was to hold much more then a normal server?

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Bitter irony that they could actually split the server in half again and have a solid 2k pop on each haha.

I thought the idea of Ywain was to hold much more then a normal server?

It DOES hold more than the old servers ,
but not enough .
And as i pointed out before about 100 lvl1 players on all 3
realms standing afk at Typhon doesnt make it better for the server cap :p

old.Osy

The controls are a bit weird, it's an old game!

If you were used to the original controls from an ancient config file you've had since launch, then the newer defaults will be different. After playing other MMORPGs I couldn't really go back to my old DAoC config which used the keyboard far too much for movement.

So how do you play DAoC now, in terms of keyboard/mouse usage? WASD/Numpad for movement? Hand on mouse constantly? What...?

I'm just trying to not re-invent the wheel here, maybe there's a general "easy" way of handling it, accepted widely.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Most common is e,d,s,f for movement i think , then q-bind styles etc to keys
around it and free looks / pan with mouse

Edit : /keyboard in game (in case you didnt know :) )

CorNokZ

I still use way old school controls with strafe on Q and W, mouselook on ctrl, pan on ~, 1-5 spells/styles on all three qbs etc.

never got around to understanding quickbinds and how they work properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom