[Ywain Servers] 8v8 draft night!

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
8v8 has always been at least as dependent on who you know as what you can do. With that in mind, we want to give everyone the chance to participate and try things out—even at such a belated point in the games’ history!

We therefore propose a night where anyone who wishes to can participate in 8v8. Sometime soon (date TBD) we will be holding an 8v8 “draft” however, instead of picking players as a draft might imply, we will be taking people’s classes, level of experience/expertise on those classes, and exposure to 8v8 in general and assigning them to a group. The objective of this is to create as fair and balanced of groups as possible (as well as making the event run smoother).

What you need to participate:

-Templated, groupable classes of semi-useful realm rank (5+). The purpose of this event is not to PL your RR2 animist. We will be trying to make the composition of the groups as strong as possible, so achieve the best fights we can. There are some classes which have a hard time fitting into the play style of 8v8 that we would like to avoid: wizards, bainshees, animists, maulers, heretics, and all stealthers. Most other classes we can work around and hopefully people will have several options they are comfortable playing.

-A working mic/headset and ability to connect to vent or TS.

-A thick skin. 8v8 has winners and losers. The winners may subtly (or not so subtly) gloat and the losing team will likely attempt to determine what went wrong. This often results in frustration. Just keep that in mind as we plan this event that we do not turn this into a blame game. Have tact...

-Patience. This will be a work in progress and working out all of the kinks before the event is unlikely. Because there are so many factors outside of our control being patient and understanding will be essential!

We really hope to have at least 3 different teams on the battlefield and some in game prizes for the winners. Ideally, everyone plays, gets a few wins and losses, and gets the opportunity to play with people they likely wouldn’t play with normally.

If you want to participate we will be putting up a system whereby you can enter your details (class, rank, perceived skill level etc) and we can make the groups as objectively as possible, given the circumstances. For the time being though please contact me, aaroncjacobi@gmail.com if you are interested in participating.

Hope to see everyone out there!

Ps. Extra prizes will be given (possible timecard) for who can elicit the best Daig-Rage

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Great initiative Solic! Best one I've seen in quite a while actually. I truly hope people will show and the 8vs8 scene picks up, as I found it to be the most enjoyable way of fighting for my realm(besides battlegrounds of course ;)). I think it is good to exclude some classes and set some restrictions. Most people will have a rr5+ usable class at this point(new players lol..). Hopefully the prizes will lure in some players, and even some of those who were never attracted to the 8v8 scene.

Good luck Solic :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Great initiative Solic! Best one I've seen in quite a while actually. I truly hope people will show and the 8vs8 scene picks up, as I found it to be the most enjoyable way of fighting for my realm(besides battlegrounds of course ;)). I think it is good to exclude some classes and set some restrictions. Most people will have a rr5+ usable class at this point(new players lol..). Hopefully the prizes will lure in some players, and even some of those who were never attracted to the 8v8 scene.

Good luck Solic :)

Downside is the timing but NA Primetime is lower then EU Primetime.

EU Primetime there is next to no trouble get some solid 8v8, be they on island or mainland.

On an update, they've got a website going now and the draft tommorow has around 8 groups, which will be about 10-11 with the non-postcount posters running as per usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom