Ywain, classic or not?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hey guys!

A friend and I decided to give daoc a try again, and we're on Ywain. So question.. is Ywain a classic ruleset cluster or not? And also.. what exactly did classic ruleset mean again?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Classic doesn't exist anymore iirc.

By the end it meant with ToA bonuses but w/o ToA content (items/mls).

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
It's all been clusterd into 1 big TOA server, even classic ppl do ml raids/artie raids. I think you could have some fun duo'ing, also you can buy buffs from an NPC for gold or BP's so you dont need a BB really for RvR if thats what had you thinking about not playing.They've simplified things down for quite a few things, so getting geared and lvl50 etc wont be much of a problem.

Imo start a free-trial account and try it out :) you wont have to pay if you dont like it then.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Aah, thanks guys! :D

Yes, we're both on trial accounts for now. She's all new to DaoC while i'm finding myself smiling at the good old feeling, even with all the new stuff that's been put in. New icons, new starter area, voiced tutorial.. wow!

I do admit i've been worried about how fun we'd have in Thidranki (if we make it that far during the trial) with no buffbot, but if we can buy buffs from NPCs that sounds good!

Do all battlegrounds have buffing npcs then?

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Nope the BG's doesnt have buff NPC's , there is buff potions you can buy at Market Explorers in housing zone tho .
About the lvl'ing part , as a duo you will find it realy easy to lvl up , it's no were as hard as it used to be (in le old days pre SI and all) .

Ps :what realm have you lads started on ? might be able to help you out a little

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you're on mid I can help you out with thid gear! Just gimmie a tell mate

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Well she's being flimsy! We started on Hib because she "likes elves" but now we're on Alb because she "wanted to play a pally" and.. it looks like we're stuck on Alb now. :p

The name's Ryloth (i made him an air theurg because my old prydwen main toon Levin was a theurgist) there in case anyone wants to get in touch! :) And thanks once more for all the help and the welcoming, guys!

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
By the way, is there a more up to date character builder than the Catacombs 2.0 one?

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Ofc !!! this one DAoC-TB it has all you need for skill spec , RA , CL and ML :)

Omg i didint know that. Nice :)

You can reach 20 in a day even without buffs. My advice is to go level to the battlegrounds or inside the relic zone. Along with df and laby, those zones give the best exp in game

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Ofc !!! this one DAoC-TB it has all you need for skill spec , RA , CL and ML :)

Big big thanks Twoeye! I see I should've considered earth spec theurg! Or maybe even a smite cleric! I can't beleive they finally gave them some love! :D

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Big big thanks Twoeye! I see I should've considered earth spec theurg! Or maybe even a smite cleric! I can't beleive they finally gave them some love! :D

Howdi mate!:) And welcome back!:)

Btw you do know there are custom skin you can use so you get old icons etc if you fell the new ones are confusing?:)

Also, using the catacombs 2.0 works even though the Charplanner suggested above is alot better!:)

Generally everything is alot easier nowdays and quite enjoyable for someone as your girlfriend to get started and just play around and have fun with the pve...:)

So good luck on you!

/With my best regards

/Charmangle

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the kind reply, Charmangle!

Yah, i read about the mod for the old icons, haha, i can see why someone would do that. The new ones are a bit meh! Might install that mod if we keep playing after the trial. :)

Btw, she's not my girlfriend! ;)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Well she's being flimsy! We started on Hib because she "likes elves" but now we're on Alb because she "wanted to play a pally" and.. it looks like we're stuck on Alb now. :p

The name's Ryloth (i made him an air theurg because my old prydwen main toon Levin was a theurgist) there in case anyone wants to get in touch! :) And thanks once more for all the help and the welcoming, guys!

if u wanna lvl up past trial can always drop ema pm on alb..im mostly on leeket-y1 or Dwalinoo-y1 that is my cleric and on most of the time and i draw u a while in df if we have it

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
if u wanna lvl up past trial can always drop ema pm on alb..im mostly on leeket-y1 or Dwalinoo-y1 that is my cleric and on most of the time and i draw u a while in df if we have it

Thanks a bunch! :) I'm on Ryloth-y8 or Fendrin-y8, and she's Faewyth-y8. Still got a week left of trial, and i hope we'll stay after too!

barnett

Fledgling Freddie
so is ywain worth it ?

been playing on uthgard quite a bit but seems pretty dead

do I need to buy a new lotm / darkness rising to play on it ? i hear getting decent gear isnt that hard cause of bounty points ?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Ywain seems very full of people. :p I just ran through camelot and it was like the old days with tons of crafters standing around the forges and such. I felt like someone just yoinked me back 6-7 years in time. :) Fun!

Genedril

Part of the furniture
The bonus to crafting in capitals was a smart move to make them seem more like.... well capital cities really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom