News Youtube Visitor Indentity Crisis!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
One step closer for BPI to get control. I bet they say no. Google would have a field day.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
gonna be Napster all over again. even if Google offered to pay them to have the vids up there they would say no just to be an ass.

Overdriven

No no no, because Google like.. Own youtube. Imagine having to give EVERY record of EVERY person who has watched a video on that site?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They should have better controls then. There are full TV series on there, I mean how can they honestly cast a blind eye on that.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Every record of every video watched by every person runs into billions of files. Not sure on this...could be wrong...but you can't tell what the content of a video is just from its URL...so that would mean someone manually checking each one for copyrighted material ? You can't rely on tag words to sniff out copyright material as someone could easily put "dog" as a tag for a video of a cat.

Overdriven

That's what I mean lamp, look at it from the IS side... There are what, millions of videos on there, each with random-string URLs, each could CONTAIN a clip of something copyright. So not only would they have to search through the obvious ones, but ANY video with ANY copyright material would have to be removed... That would be music and clips.

Good luck to the guys who do it, I would not want to be in their situation :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just wait until it's mandatory to register your "search categories" to the police. That'll be fun for this lot :D

Overdriven

"Russian inter-species erotica (elephant and giraffe)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom