your views on df on gorre

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

ellos i know a lot of u guys have been t gorre n played in df . i was just wondering what your views are.

from what ive seen there are +'s and -'s to it name the -'s being lack of camp sites and the amount of aggro and seemingly inability to solo there . there doesnt seem to be many high lvl camp spots .
bearing in mind i not adventured all the way through yet but the places i been seem impossible to pass with only 1 full grp .
the mobs aggro and adds are crazy making it seemingly impossible to solo in.
also i dont think it be a good place for rvr due again to the aggro . i can see these boards being spamed daily with "YOu fuggin newb exp killed me in df" or if face to face with enemy hard to fight due to aggro whilst fighting .

+'s for me is LOTS of cash :) and imo a good loot system for seals where we can save them and choose our own items "some are imo quiet good" . and also v good exp deeper down .

just wondering if anybody who has tried df has any other different views on it ,

but on a whole i think df will brighten up the server again :) roll on 1.49 live!!

H

Hit ^_^

it seems nice.
to bad ppl keep killing the merchants.

K

Khalen

DF is cool. Especially when the RvR starts to kick in. Both sides have to watch the mobs. And then the surrounding is cool to do ambushes. In my point of view there are enough camp spots to kill from. Some beasts have strange aggro and can even be walked by while they are aggressive but don't attack until you hit them. To get the high seals you need to kill reds to purples. And I like the idea more to team to get higher seals. People will make teams more often then instead of soloing all the way.

B

belth

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
it seems nice.
to bad ppl keep killing the merchants.

Let them kill em, out of group tho. And then later on wonder why they can't buy anything ^_^

T

Talifer

I love the seal system, at last a drop system where the entire group can benefit and not just one lucky member. Plus an easily tradable commodity. No more damn friar only items :)

Yeah the merchants can be killed, but they respawn pretty fast

The sounds in Darkness Falls are great, those norse ghosts make some really haunting noises. Trouble is all the new mobs will wear out once you've been and seen them all a few times, but this is inevitable.

I went in with a level 18 character and those rats at the start were yellow, so mobs for everyone.

But obviously the downside is that you're going to get tightly knit groups of level 50s preying on weaker/occupied players constantly.

Talifer

p.s. I especially like the new graphics for the Feather Light Granite Axe proc :)

A

Alrindel

too bad ppl keep killing the merchants.
xxx goes into DF with a big group
xxx gets lots of seals
xxx goes back up to the merchants
xxx buys an uber glowy item from a merchant
xxx wants to see how uber he looks with his new item, so
xxx goes into combat mode, and naturally
xxx has forgotten that he is still targetting the merchant from the trade

I saw this happen over and over and over, multiple times to some people who kept accidentally attacking the merchants and having to kill them and their adds.

Fortunately just about everything in the dungeon raises your faction with the imps (merchants) so it doesn't really matter, but it is irritating when you're trying to look at the list of itamz and you get "the merchant is busy right now!" because a big pie-eating firbolg accidentally attacked him AGAIN.

O

old.FIN

LMAO

That was good post m8=)

needed a lol

L

Loccon

About spamming xpkills...

All that enter knows what could happen, just like the frontiers...who ever enter DF is a free pray for other realms =)

Its our duty as albions to vanish foul mids/hibs in there! And its for the highlvls to try to keep the dungeon safe for our smaller population...

T

Tigerius

My view of DF? .... a director that cons yellow shouldn't own 2 lvl50's :/

That aint a yellow con.

Minstrel and Cleric at that , according to recent threads quite overpowered classes ;) We got properly twatted, he was thrust admittedly but after 2 instaheals, mez, stun, smite, shouts he was at 45% health and we were dirtnapping.

Just like Eldric told me about when he pulled the Cook, another special that cons green to 50. Critshot + normal shot + 6 melee hits and the thing was above 1/3rd health.

Specials is fun, bring on cool unique abilities, but don't twat the con system but making things of low level far far exceed the power of something else that lvl.

T

Treniel

DF is ownage and there is plenty of high lvl camp spots...most of mobs further in are 60+ :rolleyes: u obvisouly need to look at a map or explore :p

and yes those dam merchants are anoying

C

Cerverloc

The xp is super and the mobs look and sound cool. The place is huge so I like it. Gonna have a nice time lvling my scout to 50 there.

D

-Dreama-

It's a novelty, and like all novelties it's neat-o and super right now but in 3 months it will be "Come on guys, let's go do tanglers, those are great xp and really fun".

Best thing about DF? Well, easy, I'll have tanglers to my self when I want em and the crowded corridors of DF when I want em.

V

Vireb

Originally posted by Tigerius
My view of DF? .... a director that cons yellow shouldn't own 2 lvl50's :/

That aint a yellow con.

Minstrel and Cleric at that , according to recent threads quite overpowered classes ;) We got properly twatted, he was thrust admittedly but after 2 instaheals, mez, stun, smite, shouts he was at 45% health and we were dirtnapping.

Just like Eldric told me about when he pulled the Cook, another special that cons green to 50. Critshot + normal shot + 6 melee hits and the thing was above 1/3rd health.

Specials is fun, bring on cool unique abilities, but don't twat the con system but making things of low level far far exceed the power of something else that lvl.
i went there with a smite cleric some reasons yellows seem V V HARD compared to normal out of df yellows

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

Originally posted by Tigerius
My .

i attempted that cook solo "im smite cleric" and i got him to within 2 hits of gying and he yelled for helpand those 3 winged midget things behind on top ofsteps killed me . iwould killed the cook easy if he didnt call for help . maybe somhow consystemis ballsed up and some mobs spawn different cons but aint the con we seem em at .

same as overseer tepok in tepoks mine . any 40-45 tried killing him ? he is one tough ass mofo . i went there he was yellow con smite/smite/stun/smitesmitesmite and i barely scratched him he still had well over 60% hp left . in melee he was parry/parry/parry non stop then his adds came and got me although i still would got owned by him .

J

Jiggs

Tepok is a SoB, at 41 I need Uber Buffs to take him. With just my friar buffs I get him down to 10%

J

Javai

I pity the poor rezzers in DF, especially if their realm doesn't currently control the portal....I'm expecting to see Clerics Paladins and Friars anon a whole lot more

R

ReaLX

hmm, i haven't been down there, could someone spam an url to some more info about, or explain how it exactly works ?

V

Vireb

Originally posted by Javai
I pity the poor rezzers in DF, especially if their realm doesn't currently control the portal....I'm expecting to see Clerics Paladins and Friars anon a whole lot more

yep yep <gunna be anon soon as df goes mid/hib alrdy get pissed at 'can you rez me in cornwall' when im xping in lyo

D

DroP DeaD

Weeeee grt fun I had on the first day in DF!!! First off I thought it was shyt coz all the mobs looked the same, all the halls were the same and stuff. So we had a DM raid for the guild that night planed and we went on it with 8 people (not even all 50) and tryed to take on Moran the Mighty (lololol). That all ended in tears... For us so I said we should do a DF raid >G<. So we went to DF got organised only 6 of us now and went as deep as we could. After about 1hour and 30min we found our selves down at the deepest part of the tomb!!! THE BOSS!!! w00t. We killed everything which lead into the room because by now 3 other groups had joined us. So then we thought OMG this looks kool (for those who hadnt seen it yet like me) wondering what was at the top of the stairs we all started to fenture forward. I was thinking OMG this is kool I have to see whats up there. So ofcourse like the n00b I am I ran up the stairs as fast as I could somehow getting no aggro but people who followed got it and found the Boss right infront of me. I was like... Oh shyt. So I ran around like an idiot while the mob aggroed everyone but me but then died ~:(. Oh well that was the most fun I have ever had since I never got to see the dragon since GoA booted us all off the server that last time and the other which was successful I was on holiday. Anyway shuddup now coz I dont put phargraphs in and its boring to read ~:D.

-DAoC-Cleric-40-Spiral-Albion-
I will get GM and AGM to put pics up on http://red-dragons.dyndns.dk so keep a look out on the webby. ~:D

D

DroP DeaD

~:p

Nope ~:p Nah nah. Loxley organised it anyway ask him why he didnt invite you.

O

old.Second

grrrrrrrr :( :( :( :(

theurg pets r sooo bugged in DF.

i sent out pets just to find them standing still and then fall over dead after 30 sec.

while the green mob was unhurt and unagroed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom