your type. ?

So wich art thou ?

• Total voters

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I like to keep everyone alive, sacrifice myself(to an extent) if need be, but keep myself alive and f*ck up anyone who backstabs or doesn't appreciate it.

So, you tell me :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hmm yes i forgot the have your cake and eat it too option....
that answer places you mostly in the team catagory tho imo,
ofc it's never quite that black and white as being a team player or not,
as i personally belive that we ofc all strive for the same thing, wich is acceptance/admiration/approval.

so altho the goal is basicly the same, we tend to choose differnt paths as a means to an end.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
as i personally belive that we ofc all strive for the same thing, wich is acceptance/admiration/approval.

so altho the goal is basicly the same, we tend to choose differnt paths as a means to an end.

Have to disagree there.

I do what i do to my friends or team, or guild or whatnot, because i want to do so and it makes other peoples lives easier.

If they want to tell me to f*ck off and dye my hair for it, doesn't matter.

Only people looking for acceptance, admiration, approval, are people who aren't happy about themselves(mentally mostly, not physically).

Olgaline

FH is my second home
first of i dont mean them to be viewed as striving for all at the same time nessersarilly "just to clear that up" and alltho i undestand what you mean, I must very much disagree that only people who arent happy about them selvs would strive for it.

arooval, acceptence, admiration could be from,

aproval from elders, parents in law, your boss, your coach ..ect "that your doing a good job"
acceptance could be from your peers, your guild, your team, into a social setting "your one of us"
admiration could be from youngtsers, girls, the crowd, ect and so on.

I see no need of a boundry of having to feel bad about your self, to want to strive for thoes things, infact aflik it's a very natural instinct, I'd rather argue that tho's that no longer do so "have some social reason not to" to protect themselvs, distance them selvs, from society, and even here we tend to find kindred souls to socialize with, and agian the social game "rules" begin

there's no shame in wanting to be the best at something, the question is why ? why do we want to? and often "not always" it's down to striving for thease exact reasons.
and sure, there might be few people out there for whoem it would be enough for them to know that they are the best, but for the majority they will strive to let others know how good they are at any particular thing, so why's that ? what motive whould they have to want to share ?

gloat? thats to get envy, envy is just the negative form of admireation or aprooval

when I say aproval, admireration and acceptance, they do not need to be positivly charged so to speak, as socially, especially with f.eks young children attention in any forn is better than none at all.

wonders if it makes any sence .. :S

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah makes sense, even if i disagree(soon), and yes, not ALL, that was wrong thing to say.

But i find, if you're at "peace" with yourself, you rarely need any of those things.

Now, to disagree...

I personally don't want to succeed to any of those terms, i want to succeed because failure would be worse feeling. I want to be best, because if i can, i should do it. Anything else woud be cheating yourself really and if you can't finish something, or do something, good, don't f*cking do it.

Simple driving force really :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
and the anal responce here would be: so you strive for succses in fear of failur ? "I'm not sayign that, just so we'r clear" ;)

btw i get what your saying, but i dont see how the one blocks out the other?
so you strive for succses becuse you want to be the best, becuse you can, but surely you can do that and still want the others things as well, your cake and eat it to ?

and well i could argue that not fearing to fail, not fearing the feeling of defeat/failur is the true form of being at peace with your self ?

if you do not fear to fail, you wont fear to try either, and who knows what will then happen.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ah but you misunderstand. I don't fear failing, it's cool if it happens, then if i can i try and do it better. But i strive for success(not success as in money power etc) in things because if i didn't, why would i try? Unless i want to see if i can do something, but then i don't strive for success.

Without the striving for success, you're less likely to succeed, so, it's rather self-explanatory to strive for it.

What's this other you talk about?

there's only one, do your best and only your best, if you fail, then try again or accept the loss.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
also, note that i very much agree that not being happy with your self can very much be a reason "as you mentioned" one of many,

and tbh the way is see it, your agrument lies at a lower/fundamental "level of pshycie"
note I'm not arguing that your wrong, but you also dont really disprove what I've been saying.

look at it this way, what if your strive to be the best is driven by the desire "for whatver reason" to be admired ?

also keep in mind here that I'm talking the broader perspective, it's fine that you feel that this does not aplly to you personally, that not the same as saying it does not apply or apply to the majority

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
also, note that i very much agree that not being happy with your self can very much be a reason "as you mentioned" one of many,

and tbh the way is see it, your agrument lies at a lower/fundamental "level of pshycie"
note I'm not arguing that your wrong, but you also dont really disprove what I've been saying.

look at it this way, what if your strive to be the best is driven by the desire "for whatver reason" to be admired ?

also keep in mind here that I'm talking the broader perspective, it's fine that you feel that this does not aplly to you personally, that not the same as saying it does not apply or apply to the majority

I'm not arguing, i'm saying who i am, and i'm betting i'm not the only one. I would have the same "basis to claim" that the majority thinks like me, as you do, as you base your opinion on yourself too :) Talking wider perspective that is.

If you strive to be the best for approval from someone else, it's no personal gain. Especially since i, personally, wouldn't want people to approve me for what i am or have done, instead of who.

Some people strive for admiration, sure, but as you said "as i personally belive that we ofc all strive for the same thing, wich is acceptance/admiration/approval.", i had to disagree.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
so basicly what I was trying to say is that you can often brake people down into two groups, and altho people and life is diverse, "you cant catagorize all indivduals"

1. the team player.
2. the solo artist.

take tese two into a given senario they will act and react very differently due to thier motivation, and in life and say on any team both are usefull in diffrent ways, and you can find both traits in the same person, but often you'll find that one is more dominant to the other.

got to run will give an example later

Olgaline

FH is my second home
sigh,
so your word nitpicking then ?
fine then switch out all for "the majority"

and yes it's a claim on my part, but i still say that what your saying dosent cancel out what I've been saying

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
sigh,
so your word nitpicking then ?
fine then switch out all for "the majority"

and yes it's a claim on my part, but i still say that what your saying dosent cancel out what I've been saying

I'm not word nitpicking anymore then you did.

You did the same thing, after i argued the thing you said "all", by saying my "all" claim wasn't correct. I changed my stance the minute you said "not all".

What i said before this, was meant to say why i argued and against what point.

Both have corrected that it's not "all", and if you change your "majority" to "some", then we can agree on both points as my point doesn't cancel your point anymore then your point does mine.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well then we cant, and lets leave it at that
as I'll stand by majority claim, infact even a large majority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom