Your thoughts?

T

Tilda

Ok, im thinking about taking the plunge.

Now thinking back to Planetside, SWG etc, I brought them, they were fun for a little but didn't grab my attention like DAoC.
How does FFXI compare to all those and DAoC?
It looks quite fun, however im a little offput by the cartoon-ie graphics.

What are your thoughts and oppinions?

Tilda

N

-Nxs-

From what ive seen in the manual.... and the installer.... and the patcher... one word springs to mind "fluff"

Ill let you knwo when i actualy get into the game, however others from our linkshell have rarely been back to the IRC room since installing, so there either hooked... or dead :)

I seriously think FFXI is a good contendor for DAOC, they seam to have addressed customer needs over money, no buffbots - bliss !!! :)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Silent Shadow
please go SWG...

Note the bit in his post where he says SWG didnt grab his attention. :)

S

Sharma

Why tell him to go to a game hes already tried and gotten bored of Rami? :)

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Jiggs
its crap tilda honest!! :p

[11:34:20] (Jiggs): soloing as a white mage is the sux =)

And you wonder. :D

J

Jiggs

yep its really really bad, that is unless you play on some other server than bismarck, then i'd say its rather good :D

S

Sharma

I hope soloing as a theif will be ok, should be ok in the money making Dept as they have steal gil and such so. :)

S

Sharma

Dragoons dont appeal to me as much, even thought the armour looks cool and that a Theif for the first part and a Ninja for the rest seems better.

However i will make it my business to master every class, will take ages i know but. <shrug>

N

-Nxs-

After spending 30 mins ingame before bed, all i can say is -WOW-

the controls are clunky, windows keep apearing and I have no idea what im doing

Its just like being L1 in DAOC for the first time all over again and I love it, the graphics are superb the ambiance is amazing numerous small touches add to the overwhelming appearance of the game - I just cant wait for this week off work i have comming up - Gives me a few more days to get to grips with the controlls first tho :)

If anyone was in doubt of whether to get this game.... dont be anymore.... buy buy buy and come play on Bismarck with the rest of us.

S

Sharma

I will be soon Nxs save me a space in Aurora cos ill be spamming you in game for an invite in a few weeks. :p

G

gramaton

Great, glad you think the game is good Nxs I was kinda dreading you coming on here and saying it's crap :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Tilda
Are there emotes? ;)

Yes :)

/point /bow /salute
/kneel /laugh /cry
/no /nod /yes
/wave /goodebye /farewell
/welcome /joy /cheer
/clap /praise /smile
/poke /slap /stagger
/sigh /comfort /surprised
/amazed /stare /blush
/angry /disgusted /upset
/muted /doze /panic
/grin /dance /think
/fume /doubt /sulk
/psych /huh /shocked

O

old.camillo

Just had to reorder my copy again, since that damn online-shop messed everything up, now I should get my copy till saturday - can´t wait to start.

I´m planning to play a Thief/Ninja, too, damn you, Sharma ! :)

J

Jiggs

Are there emotes? ;)

this is /panic (i'm Nimla the hume white mage)

Nim031106000013a.jpg

N

-Nxs-

The emotes i tried last night look way better than those of DAOC, more detailed, and more frames involved.

As an example, you remember in DAOC when you press F6 and you instantly have a sword in your hand and shield active, well in FFXI you see your avatar draw his sword with a nice kerswish sound :)

F

Faeldawn

Ok, im thinking about taking the plunge.

Now thinking back to Planetside, SWG etc, I brought them, they were fun for a little but didn't grab my attention like DAoC.
How does FFXI compare to all those and DAoC?
It looks quite fun, however im a little offput by the cartoon-ie graphics.

What are your thoughts and oppinions?

Tilda

Im in exactly the same boat m8, tried PS and SWG also and went back to DAoC, but tbh daoc is getting old now, really could use some feedback from those currently playin.

T

Tilda

Any more info?
I had a go on their websites charachter select thing and it wasnt that detailed, only 3 different faces.
Is it just a limited version or are there only 3 faces in the game?
Also, what is the end game, I enjoy the PvP in DAoC and this seems like leveling but with no purpose?

Tilda

G

gramaton

PvP is being worked on and will be implemented fairly soon, I believe.

T

Tilda

Any more info?
I had a go on their websites charachter select thing and it wasnt that detailed, only 3 different faces.
Is it just a limited version or are there only 3 faces in the game?

N

-Nxs-

I think there are 8 different faces each with two differetn hair colours.

The character creation is a not very forgiving there arnt that many combinations to select from - but dont let that put you off the game *IS* amazing (once you get to grips with the controls)

J

Jiggs

i really dont think its your kinda game tilda.

although i dunno, do you enjoy proper quests and a much more immersive 'roleplay' world than daoc offers?

Users who are viewing this thread